Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azmoun and Taremi are both elite level players, but are different type of players (thank God, because that's the reason we can use both at the same time).

It's IMO a pointless and a complete waste of time to argue "who is better".

Let's just be greatfull to have these two at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
      Azmoun and Taremi are both elite level players, but are different type of players (thank God, because that's the reason we can use both at the same time).

It's IMO a pointless and a complete waste of time to argue "who is better".

Let's just be greatfull to have these two at the same time!
      The debate isn't who is better but Azmoun having a great margin to progress and become a machine with being hungry like his countryman Taremi and leave his nonchalence we can see sometimes, in some of his games

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        The debate isn't who is better but Azmoun having a great margin to progress and become a machine with being hungry like his countryman Taremi and leave his nonchalence we can see sometimes, in some of his games
        I think you just struggle to realize not everybody is the same and people are allowed to improve and develop.

When azmoun was grinding his ass off in russia since age 18 taremi was fucking around in PP, Rize, Al gharafa smoking hookah and having tabloid affairs and giving rahbar retweets. It took major disappointment at WC, probably some very strong talks with CQ for him to come to the realization he has now and perform like such an animal. He is making up for lost time and doing an excellent job of it.

Azmoun its true, is not as desperate as taremi. He seems to have been lining up his options for a long time and eventually making a pretty clear decision not to renew with zenit and leave on a free. I am sure he knows what offers he has, will have, and what he needs to do to get better ones.

For TM we cannot really complain. He is scoring critical game winners or giving critical game winning assists every game. In Zenit he improved a lot as a player (I think you struggle to remember he was nowhere near his current level before moving there) and the stats and interest he gains from around europe backs that up. If massaro (AC Milan director), Giuntoli (Napoli director), Petr Bosz (Lyon Coach) all publicly say the guy is a quality player then you can rest assured people in high position know and appreciate his quality as he is.
        Should we hope he develops current mental focus and hyper driven nature of taremi, for sure, if we had 11 taremis from mental and physical perspective we would be a top 10 team itw probably.

But it certainly does matter that he is 2 years younger, a different person who has been through different things, etc. You cannot just snap your fingers and expect somebody to run around the pitch like taremi does, there is a reason he covers more ground than basically any CF in europe.

IMO, Azmoun is performing to the max possible level in zenit. His CL record last season wasnt good becasue he literally should not have been on the pitch...He had long covid that turned into angina and visibly was totally out of shape, had trouble even breathing, semak said he didnt even train before some of the games, etc. Yet they started him bc they were so desperate. Even then if you remember he scored two very clean finishes vs brugge and Dortmund that were after VAR review disallowed for marginal offside. This season he played one decent game vs chelsea and then nearly scored in 15 mins vs malmo.

I think he will probably score a couple CL goals this season but I dont expect a miracle, just like Taremi found his motivation and trigger Azmoun needs to find his. I think for Azmoun it is related to having a new challenge outside of russia, that is why we are all desperate for him to leave, and thats probably something he realized and therefore chose not to renew his deal.

Comment

I think this would be a great fit
          https://the4thofficial.net/2021/10/a...or-arteta/amp/
          Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

I am hopeful that he will finally leave Russia when he becomes a free agent. Russia helped him grow into a physical player who takes his limited chances well. However his game still has a lot of room for growth (work off the ball, stamina, dribbling) which he can learn in another league.

Don’t get me wrong, he is an amazing player and we are lucky to have him. I just think he can be even better, and he will only grow if he leaves to a new environment.
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I am a Arsenal fan, but this wouldn’t be a good move. Arsenal wouldn’t know how to support a guy like Azmoun.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                I am a Arsenal fan, but this wouldn’t be a good move. Arsenal wouldn’t know how to support a guy like Azmoun.
                i am also an Arsenal fan. I think the main problem with Arsenal is not having a CF type player team up with Obameyang. When Giroud was there, he was very effective. Arsenal still know how to hold on to the ball, but do not have a target man.

Barcelona and MC do not have a target man either, but they are way better playing that style.
                Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Would you like him to join Newcastle KSA united?

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                    Would you like him to join Newcastle KSA united?
                    Aka the next Manchester city?

Yeah of course lol

Comment

Being that Sardar has had previous bouts of "thin skin" with the whole WC retirement and all, i really dont think a club like Arsenal would be a good choice.

Arsenal is a very toxic club now. They were great when Arsene Wenger was there, however after they have chewed up and spit out a bunch of players. (See: Ozil, Giroud, Guendouzi, etc). The fans are also extremely critical of the players and create a very harsh climate.
                      #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bladsville View Post
                        Being that Sardar has had previous bouts of "thin skin" with the whole WC retirement and all, i really dont think a club like Arsenal would be a good choice.

Arsenal is a very toxic club now. They were great when Arsene Wenger was there, however after they have chewed up and spit out a bunch of players. (See: Ozil, Giroud, Guendouzi, etc). The fans are also extremely critical of the players and create a very harsh climate.
                        yeah dont forget their captain xhaka aswell and what happened to him... he should avoid that club.. I arther se him go to roma, and everybody knows i dont like roma

As a free agent, he reraly should attract better clubs than these ones.. I say wait and se, I bet he will go to a top 3 club in the top 4 leagues
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

https://www.championat.com/football/...2022-goda.html

Why didn't Azmun leave Zenit and what will happen to the player next?

The St. Petersburg club found itself in a difficult situation. The last transfer window once again showed the real value and demand for RPL players. Only one club earned decent money selling a football player to Europe - CSKA, which sent Nikola Vlasic to West Ham for € 30 million. The rest of the transfers were not very impressive - Alex Kral from Spartak to West Ham, Karl Starfelt Rubin to Celtic and Seba Driussi from Zenit to Austin. None of these transfers even broke the € 7 million mark, so globally they definitely did not play a plus.

Another footballer could have left Petersburg. Real proposals were received on it, specific amounts were named, but the transfer did not take place - we are talking about Serdar Azmun. Now he is the most valuable lot of the club. Transfermarket estimates the Iranian at € 25 million, but it is quite possible that in 7-8 months he will not cost a penny - the contract will end and the new club will receive it for free.

In the summer, Azmun was interested in various European countries. His last name was inscribed on the longlists of almost all clubs that were looking for a fast striker. According to our information, Zenit has received two offers that can be called official - from Bayer and Lyon. The sums in the press appeared close to real - from € 16 to € 19 million. Zenit refused. Largely because he could not find a striker similar in characteristics and style for the same money. It is no secret that neat inquiries were made according to Belotti, but he was not impressed by the idea of ​​going to Russia.

Now Zenit is in a difficult situation: the contract with Azmun will expire next summer. Naturally, the club is ready and willing to talk about the extension, but it is important to take into account the desire of the player himself. He likes St. Petersburg, but at the same time he wants to play in another league. Moreover, priority is given to Germany. According to Azmun, it is the Bundesliga that suits him best. In the summer, he seriously considered only the offer of Bayer, but not all desires were fulfilled.
                          At least until winter he will play in St. Petersburg. Most likely, even before the summer. It is unlikely that the failed transfer hit his mood hard. At the beginning of the season, Serdar was definitely fine, although there was information about the player's categorical unwillingness to even start negotiations on a new contract. However, in the case of a successful performance in the Champions League, the striker's opinion may change for sure.

It is strategically important for Zenit to extend the contract with Azmun, and then sell it to the conditional Bayer. Although there is information that the player is already in advanced negotiations with the Germans. But in this case, Peter will lose a lot of money. If the player refuses to extend, then the transfer may have to be carried out in winter. And what to do in the case of Euro Spring? It is unlikely that there will be many high-level strikers on the market in January, and starting with one Dziuba is a big risk.

In any case, it is important for Zenit to take control of the situation. And include all sorts of mechanisms of influence. After all, Serdar is really attached to the city and the club. And he is unlikely to want to leave on the negative.

Comment

so the real hustle to extend his contract by Zenit front office only set to begins shortly.. ...!!? lets hope he resist their offers no matter what and hence force them to unload him this winter..!
                            supposedly he is keen on a BL transfer..!!? then i assume Bayer is still the most likely suitor for him there ..? but is there any more offensive reinforcement needed at the club..?
                            Byern M. is currently in a heated race for BL title with Bayer & it aint unlike them to swoop in order to hijack key league oppositions' acquisition targets and/or squad top talents in order to ensure championship..!!? whats the attacking manpower in that club looking like of late..? i know its a big reach...but any room for our boy??
                            Last edited by BacheLot; 10-14-2021, 07:23 AM.

Comment

It's a trap!! Never extend a contract with the Russians. If he extends his contract they will refuse to sell him and he will find himself at the cub until he is 30!
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                                It's a trap!! Never extend a contract with the Russians. If he extends his contract they will refuse to sell him and he will find himself at the cub until he is 30!
                                right..!!
                                everyone knows that Russians can't be trusted, especially when it comes down to such sensitive and highly consequential contractual dealings...!! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X