This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
    Zenit managerial staff would have to be smoking the purest crack on earth to bench azmoun for the Juve clash, he is and has always been the biggest forward threat they've had and has comfortably held onto a starting position when healthy/not suspended
    well they fking benched him last game , fitness excuse was bs to me..! he lost a great opportunity to add a goal or 2 to UCL scoring figures ..!!
    they can't be all that happy he is refusing to extend regardless of treating him like a superstar for some 3 years now at the club .!!?

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      well they fking benched him last game , fitness excuse was bs to me..! he lost a great opportunity to add a goal or 2 to UCL scoring figures ..!!
      they can't be all that happy he is refusing to extend regardless of treating him like a superstar for some 3 years now at the club .!!?
      I think it was more a matter of them resting him and not risking him for an unimportant game against a weak opposition like Malmo. Don't think they did it to prevent him from scoring or anything. He was coming back from injury and they didn't wanna risk injuring him further for a game they could win with or without him.

Comment

No way in freaking hell is that a red card….not even a crappy AFC ref would have called that a red card, that’s how you know that was a super crappy decision by the ref. I hope Zenit appeals that or something Bc that was really a terrible call
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Horrible call.. They called that a red??? Max a yellow card... Max...

Comment

50/50 ball should have been a yellow.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

It was a 50/50 ball but I think he got the red because high kick n studs up challenge into keeper ..!?

Maybe just a Yellow seemed a more fair decision tbh..!? I don’t even know why VAR got involved so late !?

Anyways, this sucks as he really needed to pad his league stats on a contract year & missing 11/2 ain’t gonna help him & may even demote him for bench come juve clash if his replacements up top score a few in his absence..!?
              Why on earth would they bench their best goal scorer against juve? Just because he got this random bs red and his replacement scores? Their job is to play well and score goals as the replacement. That's what's expected of them.

However, they won't bench their undisputed starter and top scorer unless they're actually in bad form, which is clearly not the case for sardar.

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                Why on earth would they bench their best goal scorer against juve? Just because he got this random bs red and his replacement scores? Their job is to play well and score goals as the replacement. That's what's expected of them.

However, they won't bench their undisputed starter and top scorer unless they're actually in bad form, which is clearly not the case for sardar.
                yea, logic says so but like i said we never know..? i fully expected him to start vs Malmo too and he was benched..!!? he looked fit as fk when he came on and in the game prior off the bench and again looked damn lively and fit in the last match he got the red..!!?
                if he is outa commission for their next league match due to suspension and his other attackers Dzuba/yerokhin perform well for the club why wouldnt the coach want to reward them with a UCL start fs Juve instead of Sardar ..? in a game that likely they will probably be looking to mostly seat back and manage the game with only 1 Striker..? the resurgent in form and bigger and more physical Dzuba could easily be the preferred starter instead of Sardar..??

PS
                I agree that i have a tendencies to read too much into things, but i also am a firm believer in my own 6th sense of things..!! that said you know what's been sorta bothering me and thinking he may well get benched again vs Juve..? Its that stupid smile and fake looking happy face he put out when he was about to come on as a sub in the Malmo game..!!
                you get the feeling that he clearly was not happy to be left out of the starting line up for whatever bs Fitness reason or whatnot ? vs Malmo but was going way outa his way not show his frustration at that decision by Semak, hence the stupid fake smile and happy face on him when he was about to come on as a sub, in a game that most all of us expected him to be a starter..!

Comment

yea, logic says so but like i said we never know..? i fully expected him to start vs Malmo too and he was benched..!!? he looked fit as fk when he came on and in the game prior off the bench and again looked damn lively and fit in the last match he got the red..!!?
                  if he is outa commission for their next league match due to suspension and his other attackers Dzuba/yerokhin perform well for the club why wouldnt the coach want to reward them with a UCL start fs Juve instead of Sardar ..? in a game that likely they will probably be looking to mostly seat back and manage the game with only 1 Striker..? the resurgent in form and bigger and more physical Dzuba could easily be the preferred starter instead of Sardar..??
                  PS
                  I agree that i have a tendencies to read too much into things, but i also am a firm believer in my own 6th sense of things..!! that said you know what's been sorta bothering me and thinking he may well get benched again vs Juve..? Its that stupid smile and fake looking happy face he put out when he was about to come on as a sub in the Malmo game..!!
                  you get the feeling that he clearly was not happy to be left out of the starting line up for whatever bs Fitness reason or whatnot ? vs Malmo but was going way outa his way not show his frustration at that decision by Semak, hence the stupid fake smile and happy face on him when he was about to come on as a sub, in a game that most all of us expected him to be a starter..!
                  I know what you mean but at this point, Azmoun is so clearly their best goal scorer that even with one striker, Azmoun will definitely start. I mean your suggestion of Dzyuba isn't impossible but I would be very surprised because Azmoun is just their biggest threat and he's still physical enough.

As for not starting vs Malmo... I'm not surprised at all. He was just coming back from injury and the upcoming match in Russia was also important. In fact, you can argue that the match vs Sochi could have been more difficult. This team is 4th in Russia right now vs Malmo who zenit showed they could easily defeat without their top scorer

Comment

Comment

Anyone seen this doing the rounds in the news today?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/cgw7jd09j5xo

Arsenal would be a perfect fit for him. They badly need a target man and azmoun can be a big piece in the puzzle that can help them achieve top-four finish in the PL!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Ali View Post
                        Anyone seen this doing the rounds in the news today?

https://www.bbc.com/sport/articles/cgw7jd09j5xo

Arsenal would be a perfect fit for him. They badly need a target man and azmoun can be a big piece in the puzzle that can help them achieve top-four finish in the PL!
                        He needs to join a team that plays in European competition, not a mid table side that has been inconsistent for years now

Comment

With his recent performances both at club and TM, he will be bench warmer at those clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
                            With his recent performances both at club and TM, he will be bench warmer at those clubs.
                            I agree he needs to be more consistent.

Comment

As an Arsenal fan, no thanks

That's how you ruin your career

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                                I agree he needs to be more consistent.
                                Check Sardar's stats again and then you'll realize your statement is incorrect.

Comment

Working...
                                X