Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be that next level player we all want, he needs to find his after burners. And improve his first touch against elite opposition.

But over all Zenit's best chances came thru Azmoun....on to the next. GG

Comment

Honestly not much to comment on in terms of his performance. Zenit not even once was able to hold possession beyond the halfway line. They relied on hopeful counters where Azmoun was always going to be very isolated. Had an average game given his opportunities. Of course a couple sloppy touches here and there but not much to comment on.

Comment

Azmoun played very well, he give 2 assist but the zenit players missed, Zyuba miss was 100% goal

Comment

If I would be the manager I would bitch slap the shit out of the players that didn’t send any cross balls!

Comment

Originally posted by allan123 View Post
            Azmoun played very well, he give 2 assist but the zenit players missed, Zyuba miss was 100% goal
            I was 100% sure that it was a goal until I realised it wasn’t haha 😂

Comment

Next game is zenit malmo. Zenit need to kill them 2x to stand any chance of progression as malmo certainly won’t take points off Juve or chelsea. Chelsea imo are already qualified, don’t think Juve or zenit can do much except possibly a point away from home between the two of the them.

Will be direct playoff between Juve and zenit

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                Well overall this performance shows they are in a better place than last year. Think they can take points off a weak Juve if sardar sharpens up a bit.

Wasn’t a good display from him today but in moments you see what he can do.

His touch is very begir nagir. I think the instances he shows of supreme close control are too many to say his close control sucks or “his mastery of the ball is so poor”. But I think it is a concentration thing, exacerbated by playing in Russia where he can usually get away with kiri touches. That’s why I was very pro a move like lyon or leverkusen where he’d be forced to be tight on his first touch like he has shown many times he can be.
                Amma emrooz bayad goft KHEILI tanha bood dar khate hamle rooberooye 3ta defaaye markazie Chelsea.

Kaare besyaar sakhti bood.
                DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

At least the toughest match in the group is out of the way. It was a tough game to watch , Zenit performed better than I thought they would but Chelsea didn’t need to get out of first/second gear to beat them.
                  I agree with what has been said and comments I have made before, he needs to get out of this team to improve as a player. You play weekly against quality defenders and not poor-average teams and your close control becomes more consistent. He has it in him to do it. He played tonight at times like the world was on his shoulders , it is a plot of pressure when you only have about 6 chances a season to make a huge impression.

Comment

if it was Mehdi in place of Azmoun today.... he woulda had a goal probably through sheer determination and hard work of him..!!
                    we all know sardar possesses the quality to turn the game on his head with one moment of brilliance but his halfassish, nonchalant playing demeanor was a real disappointment to witness similar to his WC performances..!! he needs to be far more lively next UCL match.... these are the games than could well decide the quality of his next career move next summer..!!

Comment

dissapointing game by sardar. truly had the chance to even win the game for zenit. didnt take it

Comment

If only Dziuba would have burried that great cross by Azmoun...

Still not that impressed by Chelsea, but no doubt they have the higher quality squad.
                        Really noticeable that virtually all Chelsea players have a good first touch and ball control.
                        Second half Havertz sub improved the game for them.

First half Zenit was ok for what they could do.
                        Azmoun was ok really, was left all alone with four defenders 40 meters ahead of the rest of the team. Some good scences: header flick and especially that great cross to Diuba. One poor first touch and his lack of pressing doesn't mean he was bad.
                        Dziuba could have been brought on earlier and most overrated Zenit player Claudinho subbed much earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardalan View Post
                          Amma emrooz bayad goft KHEILI tanha bood dar khate hamle rooberooye 3ta defaaye markazie Chelsea.

Kaare besyaar sakhti bood.
                          He was not bad. People analysis here is always bizarre. We know azmoun is not a world class forward, no body claimed he is. He has very high level moments though vs most opposition.

Tonight was same. He created zenits two best chances:

flick on to claudinho in first half. Great awareness and leap, he needed to shoot first time and didn’t.

Pass to dzyuba in second half. Classic azmoun with spin in behind, perfectly weighted ball, horrible miss by dzyuba. That is an actual miss.

Azmoun himself had 1 half chance he did well to get under control initially bc ball was behind him, but then his second touch was loose.

If you count every instance ball went tk him his link play/ hold up ratio was around 50/50. I thought good target for him was 70% success on hold ups, so he can improve there for sure, but not a disaster.

Overall again he shows he can trouble even the top defenses in Europe, something that can only be said for him and taremi of our players.

As for constant discussion of how this will impact a move, I think any semi competent scout realizes situation of 1v3 and what that entails for the CF.

Comment

Azmoun did everything right tonight. He created 100% goal chance with nothing. The only thing that didn’t work for him tonight was his first touch. He had 2-3 really good chances if he could control the ball at first touch. But really great performance with NO I mean 0000000000 support from his useless team mates!

Comment

Next game is zenit malmo. Zenit need to kill them 2x to stand any chance of progression as malmo certainly won’t take points off Juve or chelsea. Chelsea imo are already qualified, don’t think Juve or zenit can do much except possibly a point away from home between the two of the them.

Will be direct playoff between Juve and zenit
                              now watch Malmo pull a club Brugge on their asss and whip their asss home n away ...!!

Comment

He was not bad. People analysis here is always bizarre. We know azmoun is not a world class forward, no body claimed he is. He has very high level moments though vs most opposition.
                                Tonight was same. He created zenits two best chances:
                                flick on to claudinho in first half. Great awareness and leap, he needed to shoot first time and didn’t.
                                Pass to dzyuba in second half. Classic azmoun with spin in behind, perfectly weighted ball, horrible miss by dzyuba. That is an actual miss.
                                Azmoun himself had 1 half chance he did well to get under control initially bc ball was behind him, but then his second touch was loose.
                                If you count every instance ball went tk him his link play/ hold up ratio was around 50/50. I thought good target for him was 70% success on hold ups, so he can improve there for sure, but not a disaster.
                                Overall again he shows he can trouble even the top defenses in Europe, something that can only be said for him and taremi of our players.
                                As for constant discussion of how this will impact a move, I think any semi competent scout realizes situation of 1v3 and what that entails for the CF.
                                Sorry but I just needed to say this to you! Azmoun is a world class striker and I can tell you if he was in a team like Chelsea he would of killed it all day all night. Much better all around player than Lukaku also!

Comment

Working...
                                X