This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    Benzema place in france squad had nothing to do with his performance levels. He has been the fix striker of the biggest club in world football for a decade. He was involved in a sex tape scandal (of mathieu valbuena not himself). Anybody who at this stage was writing him off wasn’t really paying attention, Bc all the coaches who over the decade have come through Real Madrid considered him good enough to be the starting striker.

Arj is displaced by reiss Nelson, walemark, and even a cdm toornstra throughout this season.
    I didn't know there was a sex scandal involving benz.

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
      I didn't know there was a sex scandal involving benz.
      If I remember correctly it was to do with prostitution and they may have been underage.

For ARJ the World Cup not being in the Summer is a plus for him, the season has really tailed off and so has his confidence. Shame as at beginning of season he was starting to get a spring in his step again and this showed in his international performances too.

He has a little time to get himself somewhere new and hopefully get his game back.

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
        This season he returned to a league he had success in and played for an old coach who gave him so many opportunities. Is he or his fans waiting for a better situation? Don’t let a few games in empty stadiums against pesteh forush AFC teams fool you. If he is shitting his pants against Dutch village teams, he is no good for a World Cup…
        what sad is he has such a great opportunity with this team. I can only imagine how allahyar, hosseinzadeh, etc would look in a team as strong as this feyenoord side right now. The fact they still give him chances I think indicates he is probably still training very well, but he just has consistent trouble for years now translating that to in game situations.

Comment

It’s a mental block that might be one of those cases that the more he thinks about it the worse it gets.

He’s a great kid and a true professional. I really hope he can turn things around. We all know his level is above this but he has regressed so far it makes us all sad.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
            If I remember correctly it was to do with prostitution and they may have been underage.

For ARJ the World Cup not being in the Summer is a plus for him, the season has really tailed off and so has his confidence. Shame as at beginning of season he was starting to get a spring in his step again and this showed in his international performances too.

He has a little time to get himself somewhere new and hopefully get his game back.
            Underage even for European standards? Holy moly...

Comment

Although he was involved in that as well, it was another case that got him suspended from the NT.

One of his (Benz)friends was threatening Valbuena that he would leak a sex tape of him and wanted money. Benz went to Valbuena and said he should pay those guys.

Valbuena didn't and went to the police suing the guys for leaking the tape and Benz for being a accomplice.

Comment

https://amp.france24.com/en/live-new...rench-football

Probably explains it better than I would. He got found not guilty but ultimately did it’s damage on his international career. Then the whole extortion sex tape thing with Valbuena too wasn’t great.

Comment

Back to JB, I really feel sorry for the guy. If you go to the Feyenoord stadium you'll see that his pictures are everywhere. They (and I) really had high hopes for him thinking he would be the star of the team and Eredivisie.

Unfortunately his head is preventing him to be anywhere near successful. Some players are just not made to play at high level, and we have to agree that JB is one of them.

Comment

Alright, way too much unfounded shitting on him.
                    Did he have a god tier offensive season? No
                    Was he "pathetic"? Also no.

Higher points per game than his direct competition (Nelson), and more defensive contribution than every forwards + Kokcu. Great at distribution and all around seems like a great teammate. His advance stats where also better than his competition.

He had an average season. Not terrible, not great, a very average season by Eredivisie standards. Seeing that he is coming off two seasons of being a bench rider and played out of position when he did get playing time, it's not surprising that he didn't have Allstar season.

I still don't think Feyenoord is the right place for him. A player whose clearly dealing with a mental block should not be playing in a club with some of the most toxic fans /media in western European football.

Anyways best of luck to him, I hope he turns it around
                    Last edited by The; 05-15-2022, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                      Alright, way too much unfounded shitting on him.
                      Did he have a god tier offensive season? No
                      Was he "pathetic"? Also no.

Higher points per game than his direct competition (Nelson), and more defensive contribution than every forwards + Kokcu. Great at distribution and all around seems like a great teammate. His advance stats where also better than his competition.

He had an average season. Not terrible, not great, a very average season by Eredivisie standards. Seeing that he is coming off two seasons of being a bench rider and played out of position when he did get playing time, it's not surprising that he didn't have Allstar season.

I still don't think Feyenoord is the right place for him. A player who's clearly dealing with a mental block should be playing in a club with some of the most toxic fans /media in western European football.

Anyways best of luck to him, I hope he turns it around
                      He was poor... He lost the ball way too many times. We have to be realistic. His big challenge may be that he, and the people around him, haven't been realistic after his absolutely fantastic final season at AZ.

He is my favourite guy in TM - I want things to change.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                        He was poor... He lost the ball way too many times. We have to be realistic. His big challenge may be that he, and the people around him, haven't been realistic after his absolutely fantastic final season at AZ.
                        He is my favourite guy in TM - I want things to change.
                        He also dispossessed opponents many times.

His season as whole was average, which because the expectation were too high, seems a lot worst than it actually was.

Comment

He also dispossessed opponents many times.
                          His season as whole was average, which because the expectation were too high, seems a lot worst than it actually was.
                          I'm sorry, I disagree with you. He was dispossessed far, far more than he dispossessed opponents. His fantastic interception in the previous match aside, his stats have tended to be very poor from this perspective. Today he was dispossessed thirteen times within 55 minutes. He won 3 out of fourteen duels. Three out of FOURTEEN ffs..., and there have been many worse ratios before

This isn't good, this is poor.

It doesn't help him, and us, if we are unrealistic and call this "average" when on any measure it is poor, not average.

I am sorry to say this. He is the one TM player I genuinely feel the most passion for when he is successful. It feels like he's my little brother, I go through every emotion viscerally.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                            I'm sorry, I disagree with you. He was dispossessed far, far more than he dispossessed opponents. His fantastic interception in the previous match aside, his stats have tended to be very poor from this perspective. Today he was dispossessed thirteen times within 55 minutes. He won 3 out of fourteen duels.

This isn't good, this is poor.

It doesn't help him, and us, if we are unrealistic and call this "average" when on any measure it is poor, not average.

I am sorry to say this. He is the one TM player I genuinely feel the most passion for when he is successful. It feels like he's my little brother, I go through every emotion viscerally.
                            He was not dispossessed 13 times.
                            Sofa score is not always a reliable source for these types of stats.

Whoscored has him dispossessed twice this match, and I tend to trust whoscore because I watched this game like I've watched 90% of his matches. There was no way he was dispossessed 13 times.

Comment

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/256/...ands-Feyenoord

See for yourself, He's been disposssed 0.8 times per match, but had 1.5 successful tackles per game.

1.6 dribbles per game (2nd highest in the team), etc...

Be my guest, take a look at the detailed accurate stats above and you will see not only that he was average, It could be argued that statistically he was one of the better players in Feyenoord this season.

Comment

Whoscored has him dispossessed twice this match, and I tend to trust whoscore.
                                OK, so you're saying there were only six dispossessions from Feyenoord within 90 minutes - as per whoscored? ... https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/15...yenoord-Twente

I mean, there's not that much can say to convince you if that's what you saw within 90 minutes. I saw six dispossessions within 10 minutes at one point.

Fotmob the third, and separate, stats site has this: https://www.fotmob.com/match/3602537...ch-card/466890

1/6 successful dribbles and 3/14 duels won...

This level of realism helps neither us not him FFS

Comment

Working...
                                X