This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by diz View Post
    His goal from all angles. More important than the goal, IMHO, is his restored confidence. He is beaming with confidence: the chest pounding, yelling, and fist-pumping after the goal. That's what we need in our TM players. They need to BELIEVE that they are as good as anyone else out there, no matter who they are playing against. We have that in at least ARJ, Mehdi, and Sardar (and I'm sure others). This sense of confidence is contagious, and will serve TM in the WC immensely.
    You are right , last season or even a month ago he doesn’t take that shot on but looks to pass the ball back.

Comment

This Perez guy is a TV analyst. As a left winger he scored 2 goals in 24 appearances for the Danish national team. These guys get paid to be annoying. There was one guy who was saying Chelsea players should be embarrassed for celebrating the World Club Championship since MC is winning the premier league this year. In the meantime, his own greatest success was being an unused sub for the losers in the FA cup final once. In 2022, JB has been consistently rating among the top 5 in his team. It is not going to get much better than that. This year will hopefully be the best year in his career. And no, he will not learn to dribble like Karimi or develop Mahdavi Kia speed. The two wings for this team seem to be the Plan A of attack and he is doing the best he can with his skills.

Comment

Feyenoord is matched up with Paritzan of Belgrade in the Europa Conference League round of 16.

Go ARJ!

Comment

https://www.feyenoord.nl/nieuws/nieu...-slot---250222

Feyenoord has lifted the option in Arne Slot's contract. The current contract with the 43-year-old head coach will therefore be extended by one year until 2024. Feyenoord is also considering the option in the contract of assistant coach Marino Pusic, who now also has an extended contract until 2024.

Comment

Translation from one of our Dutch speaking friends?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
              Translation from one of our Dutch speaking friends?
              Nothing too special, basically saying that he hadnt really been much to Rotterdam when he played for NEC and AZ, but now he really likes the city and stadium.

He also enjoyed playing in De Kuip back in the days and was always impressed by the supporters.

He was happy that a big club like Feyenoord had interest in him and he talked to a few people about the club, city and Arne (coach) and then decided to accept the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                Nothing too special, basically saying that he hadnt really been much to Rotterdam when he played for NEC and AZ, but now he really likes the city and stadium.

He also enjoyed playing in De Kuip back in the days and was always impressed by the supporters.

He was happy that a big club like Feyenoord had interest in him and he talked to a few people about the club, city and Arne (coach) and then decided to accept the offer.
                It's amazing how I haven't spoken German since public school, and yet I got the main parts of what he was talking about, just a few words 🧐

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                  It's amazing how I haven't spoken German since public school, and yet I got the main parts of what he was talking about, just a few words 🧐
                  It must be due to your amazing Iranian genes and upbringing!

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                    Yes, they can be quite close. Im not a native or fluent speaker by the way, but did live in NL for a year to two at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                      Yes, they can be quite close. Im not a native or fluent speaker by the way, but did live in NL for a year to two at some point.
                      Dutch is a (strange) mix between (northern) german and english.

So, if you understand both german and english, you will understand a large amount of dutch right there.

Speaking it though, is a whole other ball-game, as I'm very often not sure whether to use an english or german word at any given point.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
                        Dutch is a (strange) mix between (northern) german and english.
                        So, if you understand both german and english, you will understand a large amount of dutch right there.
                        Speaking it though, is a whole other ball-game, as I'm very often not sure whether to use an english or german word at any given point.
                        It's mostly German, so much so, that it's called Dutch (Deutsch, German). So when in doubt, use German.

Comment

Away match tomorrow against ARJ's former club: AZ vs. Feyenoord 3:15am PST

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Feyenoord Rotterdam | 2021-2022

Well, he’s benched for Toornstra…very strange decision by Slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                              Well, he’s benched for Toornstra…very strange decision by Slot.
                              I'm not happy about it, but not surprised either.
                              JB had two badish games the past two matches and Slot didn't seem happy with him after lastatch.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                                I'm not happy about it, but not surprised either.
                                JB had two badish games the past two matches and Slot didn't seem happy with him after lastatch.
                                I thought he was getting better and gaining confidence, especially after that goal against Cambuur. I think he’s also motivated to do well against his former club and it would make most sense to start him above Toornstra who is old and isn’t even a winger. Not an good choice against 3rd placed team.

Comment

Working...
                                X