This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Essi View Post
    How many goals has he scored so far this season?
    4 in Europe and 4 in the league I believe ?
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
      How many goals has he scored so far this season?
      11 scorers in total, 8 goals & 3 assists. Hope he can finish the season with 20+ scorers, depending on how far they get in the conference league, that could be realistic. Think that would also be the figures roughly expected from a player of his caliber.

He had a total of 36 scorers in his last season with AZ (22 goals & 14 assists).

Until now Feyenoord has been a great move for him, and he is steppin his game up the past few weeks. Hope he can contribute to Feyenoord reachin the CL next season.

By the way, with Alireza, Sardar & Mehdi we got 3 players wearin the #9 in quite big clubs now, isnt that amazing 😎 Now imagine all 3 of them playing CL football next season approachin the WC

Comment

One thing I like is that he is showing himself to be a fighter, which I havent seen that much in the past from him. He may still be fucking up a lot and would struggle to dribble past a traffic cone, but he is at least playing with some real gheyrat and balls.

To me it seems that Slot is allowing ARJ the chance to play himself into form, as opposed to him forcing stuff in training to try and prove his form, and then get rewarded with minutes. For me this is exactly the type of approach to take with a player like ARJ, bc he is such a confidence player. Benching him would mean losing him for an extended period of time, as we saw in brighton. He needs to feel that trust to perform with less of a handbrake on (as we saw with the cracker he scored today, that screams of somebody who is not in fear for their spot).

The next step for him is cleaning up his 1v1s. One thing he used to do a lot in AZ (when he still wasnt a great 1v1 dribbler) was play very quick combos with Weghorst, their mids, or Svensson the RB to get around opposing defenders. In TM we saw this vs UAE on Taremis goal. Lovely give and go with saman that gave him the yard to send in the ball for gholi. I think one weakness of this feyenoord team, despite his hard running and mobility, is the CF linssen. HE is not a classic CF, he is not a great goalscorer (As we saw from that horrible miss from ARJ assist yesterday), and his linkup play is a few stratospheres away from somebody like Weghorst who has proven himself in BuLi and now PL to be a very solid old school 9. That means ARJs horrible dribbling skills are exposed more and more since he has to initiate and complete take ons himself. It is also exacerbated by the fact the teams best mid Kokcu, plays from a more left sided central midfield position so ARJ cannot combine with him as much directly. Their highly talented LB malacia gives a great outlet for opposite winger sinisterra, another luxury ARJ does not have.

From TM perspective, ARJ has really locked up his spot in recent weeks. Those big performances in TM games + recent Feyenoord goals, coupled with Gholis crappy showings and somewhat losing form for charleroi, and Allahyar making a subpar transfer and now dealing with some injuries, have definitely cemented ARJ on the RW slot for TM.

Next up they have a huge game vs AZ. I am sure ARJ will be highly motivated and will deliver a big performance. They are neck and neck with PSV for CL playoff spot (ajax in first have the direct ticket). PSV are ahead by only 1 pt. IT would be huge in the career revival of ARJ if he could be a starter on a CL side next season.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          The next step for him is cleaning up his 1v1s. One thing he used to do a lot in AZ (when he still wasnt a great 1v1 dribbler) was play very quick combos with Weghorst, their mids, or Svensson the RB to get around opposing defenders. In TM we saw this vs UAE on Taremis goal. Lovely give and go with saman that gave him the yard to send in the ball for gholi.
          Really good point! I noticed his improved short passes, but you put it into proper context. I hope he further improves this.

After all, who cares if you can dribble or not, when with less effort you can play around your opponents using give and goes and triangles!

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
            Really good point! I noticed his improved short passes, but you put it into proper context. I hope he further improves this.

After all, who cares if you can dribble or not, when with less effort you can play around your opponents using give and goes and triangles!
            I personally think its a huge issue for a winger not to have any 1v1 take on ability. And this is vs fairly crap defending of eridivisie, it makes me think this is really his ceiling and one of (along with huge lack of speed) factors that prevented him from succeeding at higher level.

He can do his best to hide it, rely on high IQ combo plays to beat defenders, but nothing will substitute for pure 1v1 ability and speed from wide areas.

IMO on TM he currently has a better chance to shine bc quality of forwards azmoun and taremi nearby is top class (both great at combining with him), he has another very high class player in CAM slot in ghoddos to link with, and moharrami despite his shitty last TM game is very solid technically and can support him with overlaps and nice give and goes as well.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
              I personally think its a huge issue for a winger not to have any 1v1 take on ability. And this is vs fairly crap defending of eridivisie, it makes me think this is really his ceiling and one of (along with huge lack of speed) factors that prevented him from succeeding at higher level.

He can do his best to hide it, rely on high IQ combo plays to beat defenders, but nothing will substitute for pure 1v1 ability and speed from wide areas.

IMO on TM he currently has a better chance to shine bc quality of forwards azmoun and taremi nearby is top class (both great at combining with him), he has another very high class player in CAM slot in ghoddos to link with, and moharrami despite his shitty last TM game is very solid technically and can support him with overlaps and nice give and goes as well.
              You nailed it. This lack of pace and 1v1 dribbling was his Achilles heal in the EPL.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

Perez critical of 'bumper car'; Slot can't deny: 'He was unhappy'
                Alireza Jahanbakhsh says he made 'his most beautiful goal ever' on Sunday afternoon. The right attacker of Feyenoord hit SC Cambuur (3-1 win) unparalleled at the bottom of the bar, but has not yet convinced Kenneth Perez. "He was a bumper car the whole game, he bumped into everything and everyone," the Dane told ESPN .
                Jahanbakhsh did not score the only world goal at Feyenoord, because Luis Sinisterra also fired a ball into the intersection. "And yet I like Sinisterra's better, because you see this more often with him," responds Perez. "Orkun Kökçü's pass is way too hard, but he controls it very well and then shoots it in so nicely. Of course Jahanbakhsh's is also beautiful, but that's more coincidence, I think."
                Arne Slot agrees with Perez's criticism of Jahanbakhsh. "Ali lost a lot of ball, that's clear," said the Feyenoord trainer at the press conference. Jahanbakhsh lost the ball 15 times in total; only Tyrell Malacia (18 times) did worse at Feyenoord. "He was also a bit unhappy, because he put Bryan Linssen one-on-one with the keeper at 1-1, but he didn't finish it at the time. Then we make it 2-1 just before halftime, then we left it like then it is also a quality of Ali - and to be honest I sometimes annoy that - even if he is less in the game, he just keeps on forcing and going. But you can also hide and play simple balls, but he cuts in and shoots that ball in."
                https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=400509

just who the FUKK does this bitch thinks he is to say nonsense like this?
                a forward that aims to assist goals WILL have a lot of "lost balls".
                why?
                bcoz these are mostly RISKY forward passes INTO opponent defense to his out-numbered team mates.
                what kind of ridiculous logic is this that now they count how many balls a winger loses?
                it's like these assholes never played football !!!
                where do they find idiots like this?

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  ^that left leg packs so much heat!!!
                  and that's not even his strong foot!

O Captain, my captain

Comment

His goal from all angles. More important than the goal, IMHO, is his restored confidence. He is beaming with confidence: the chest pounding, yelling, and fist-pumping after the goal. That's what we need in our TM players. They need to BELIEVE that they are as good as anyone else out there, no matter who they are playing against. We have that in at least ARJ, Mehdi, and Sardar (and I'm sure others). This sense of confidence is contagious, and will serve TM in the WC immensely.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                      just who the FUKK does this bitch thinks he is to say nonsense like this?
                      a forward that aims to assist goals WILL have a lot of "lost balls".
                      why?
                      bcoz these are mostly RISKY forward passes INTO opponent defense to his out-numbered team mates.
                      what kind of ridiculous logic is this that now they count how many balls a winger loses?
                      it's like these assholes never played football !!!
                      where do they find idiots like this?
                      Haji, I'm probably JB biggest fanboy on this forum, but if you watched the game on Sunday, you'd know what this guy is talking about.
                      Alireza was struggling to dribbled past the defender and turned the ball over. At time literally running into the defender.
                      His passes where also pretty sloppy. And his crosses almost always to the goalie.
                      However the pitch conditions were bad, so that was partly the reason. Alireza's past two matches have been somewhat poor, apart from the banger he scored.

I'm sure he will turn it around and play better more consistently.

Comment

The coach has the right to say these things, ive seen JB and other wingers of iranian losing the ball too much, especially JB, so its better the coach talks about it why not

Comment

Originally posted by Mahsaa View Post
                          The coach has the right to say these things, ive seen JB and other wingers of iranian losing the ball too much, especially JB, so its better the coach talks about it why not
                          The coach should say all this but to the player directly, I don't see the need to critize your player publicly

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                            The coach should say all this but to the player directly, I don't see the need to critize your player publicly
                            Yeah, the manager even said Sinisterra's goal was better. I don't think I have ever heard a manager say that before (trying to diminish a super goal his player).

Feyenoord have quite a few sloppy players in their team - who are making mistakes week in and week out. For example, Til misses sitters left and right, but does the manager go after him? Ridiculous.
                            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                              Yeah, the manager even said Sinisterra's goal was better. I don't think I have ever heard a manager say that before (trying to diminish a super goal his player).

Feyenoord have quite a few sloppy players in their team - who are making mistakes week in and week out. For example, Til misses sitters left and right, but does the manager go after him? Ridiculous.
                              He was asked which was the mos beautifull, he said ; "Both are beautiful goals. The first was preceded by a wonderful assumption, which is why I would choose that one".

Don't create fake news from your own completion of what has been said.
                              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                                He was asked which was the mos beautifull, he said ; "Both are beautiful goals. The first was preceded by a wonderful assumption, which is why I would choose that one".

Don't create fake news from your own completion of what has been said.
                                I'm not Dutch speaking, so I used Google translate and it was not said that it was an interviewer's question. Regardless, as a manager say both were wonderful and move on. He also said Ali was losing the ball a lot and doesn't make simple plays.

No one is creating fake news pal.
                                "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Working...
                                X