Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the obvious strengths of AJ has been his ability with both feet and a strong shooting ability. Even if his dribbling success and speed are subpar he is the type of winger that can both whip in a right footed cross but also cut inside for a left footed banger, making him uniquely hard to defend against.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
      One of the obvious strengths of AJ has been his ability with both feet and a strong shooting ability. Even if his dribbling success and speed are subpar he is the type of winger that can both whip in a right footed cross but also cut inside for a left footed banger, making him uniquely hard to defend against.
      If he gets played as a striker (which I think in TM under Skocik he secretely is) and instructed to unleash at least several of his missiles per game (which I also think he secretely is in TM), you will get Jahanbaksh the goal scorer!

If you look at him as a classic winger, you may get some good games and some frustrating games from him.

If you were a smart coach, what would you do?

It really is as simple as that.

Comment

The problem with JB is that he is a one dimensional player. He isn't a pacy nor crafty winger that is able to speed or dribble past defenders. What he is good at is 1-2 plays and obviously, shooting.

In a weak league like the Eredivisie where defenders are poor, he will find opportunities to shoot and score. However, we can clearly see why he never succeeded in EPL because he simply doesn't have the time to set up or unleash his shot.

I think in an attacking formation with 2 strong and talented strikers like Azmoun and Taremi that constantly create space, he can definitely be an asset because his shot is something no one else has in Team Melli right now. I also don't think his time in the EPL was wasted, it gives him experience in top flight football and that's something invaluable even if you "failed" your stint there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oz View Post
          The problem with JB is that he is a one dimensional player. He isn't a pacy nor crafty winger that is able to speed or dribble past defenders. What he is good at is 1-2 plays and obviously, shooting.
          In a weak league like the Eredivisie where defenders are poor, he will find opportunities to shoot and score. However, we can clearly see why he never succeeded in EPL because he simply doesn't have the time to set up or unleash his shot.
          I think in an attacking formation with 2 strong and talented strikers like Azmoun and Taremi that constantly create space, he can definitely be an asset because his shot is something no one else has in Team Melli right now. I also don't think his time in the EPL was wasted, it gives him experience in top flight football and that's something invaluable even if you "failed" your stint there.
          Overall all very good points.

While not multi-dimensional like Maestro Taremi (who is off the charts multi-dimensional!), my main point has been that for striker who scores consisistently for his team, can be forgiven all other shortcomings if thanks to his goals the team keeps winning. So to look at JB as a success is as simple as redefining his role!

Some additional comments:

While his traditional shortcomings have been discussed here in depth, I have noticed a very profound improvement in JB's entire skillset. Even, when it comes to goals, he has lately not just scored from his trademark edge-of-box screamers, but even from runs into the box and even headers!

And even when it comes to his other attributes, such as first touch, passing and even defense, he has improved a lot IMO.

He is still not a good dribbler, nor very fast and those two parts of his game probably will never change, but all else is already plenty to have him in TM and even starting much of the time!

In a way I feel really odd for even saying all this, because it almost feels like being a contrarian (which I am not). I used to hold back even commenting on his threads for years, because I used to think he was vastly overrated by many on PFDC. But just over the last year or so, he has so markedly improved that I am flaberghasted that not more people are talking about his transformation. It seems that at first he was way over-rated and now he is way under-rated.

Of course I could be wrong in all of this, thus why it's strictly IMO, but I feel very strongly about this, thus why I keep commenting about it here!

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
            Great goal
            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Perez critical of 'bumper car'; Slot can't deny: 'He was unhappy'

Alireza Jahanbakhsh says he made 'his most beautiful goal ever' on Sunday afternoon. The right attacker of Feyenoord hit SC Cambuur (3-1 win) unparalleled at the bottom of the bar, but has not yet convinced Kenneth Perez. "He was a bumper car the whole game, he bumped into everything and everyone," the Dane told ESPN .

Jahanbakhsh did not score the only world goal at Feyenoord, because Luis Sinisterra also fired a ball into the intersection. "And yet I like Sinisterra's better, because you see this more often with him," responds Perez. "Orkun Kökçü's pass is way too hard, but he controls it very well and then shoots it in so nicely. Of course Jahanbakhsh's is also beautiful, but that's more coincidence, I think."

Arne Slot agrees with Perez's criticism of Jahanbakhsh. "Ali lost a lot of ball, that's clear," said the Feyenoord trainer at the press conference. Jahanbakhsh lost the ball 15 times in total; only Tyrell Malacia (18 times) did worse at Feyenoord. "He was also a bit unhappy, because he put Bryan Linssen one-on-one with the keeper at 1-1, but he didn't finish it at the time. Then we make it 2-1 just before halftime, then we left it like then it is also a quality of Ali - and to be honest I sometimes annoy that - even if he is less in the game, he just keeps on forcing and going. But you can also hide and play simple balls, but he cuts in and shoots that ball in."

https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=400509
              "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                Great goal
                I hope for a few of those in world cup.
                vs usa..

wc group, Iran, Russia, Usa, Brazil, that would be souch a awsome group!
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post

Perez critical of 'bumper car'; Slot can't deny: 'He was unhappy'

Alireza Jahanbakhsh says he made 'his most beautiful goal ever' on Sunday afternoon. The right attacker of Feyenoord hit SC Cambuur (3-1 win) unparalleled at the bottom of the bar, but has not yet convinced Kenneth Perez. "He was a bumper car the whole game, he bumped into everything and everyone," the Dane told ESPN .

Jahanbakhsh did not score the only world goal at Feyenoord, because Luis Sinisterra also fired a ball into the intersection. "And yet I like Sinisterra's better, because you see this more often with him," responds Perez. "Orkun Kökçü's pass is way too hard, but he controls it very well and then shoots it in so nicely. Of course Jahanbakhsh's is also beautiful, but that's more coincidence, I think."

Arne Slot agrees with Perez's criticism of Jahanbakhsh. "Ali lost a lot of ball, that's clear," said the Feyenoord trainer at the press conference. Jahanbakhsh lost the ball 15 times in total; only Tyrell Malacia (18 times) did worse at Feyenoord. "He was also a bit unhappy, because he put Bryan Linssen one-on-one with the keeper at 1-1, but he didn't finish it at the time. Then we make it 2-1 just before halftime, then we left it like then it is also a quality of Ali - and to be honest I sometimes annoy that - even if he is less in the game, he just keeps on forcing and going. But you can also hide and play simple balls, but he cuts in and shoots that ball in."

https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=400509
                  This guy seems like a Jahanbakhsh hater btw. He says Jahanbakshs' goal is more coincidental yet he scored these all the time at AZ.

Comment

So he lost the ball 15 times, scored a great goal and could have had a perfect assist, if the ball he served on a platter had been finished by his team mate.

Yet, if JB would have never lost the ball by playing it safe with endless useless back and side passes that are favored by so many sub-par EURO coaches, but did not score any goals, he would have probably been rated higher by this coach?

Comment

Sinestera benefits from having their best two ball handlers playing on his side of the field. He is often time receiving the ball in lots of space with only one person to go round. Ball movement on JB's side is not as crisp and he has open up all the way to the side-line to get the ball giving the other team plenty of time to shift to the side. He is impatient and somewhat careless with the ball but he forces plays to the goal mouth which very much brings his CF and CM into the game.

Comment

Let them talk. As long as he scores goals, he will continue to start.

Comment

I am guessing that Slot's comments about ARJ were taken out of context. I am hopeful what he was trying to say was that ARJ was unhappy about his first half because of his uncompleted passes and his through ball to Linssen that did not get converted. But this did not deter ARJ from taking chances and trying again. He did not become conservative and just make simple back passes and ended up with a beautiful goal.

I am certain that Slot has talked to ARJ and has encouraged him to make risky passes that can create opportunities and not worry about silly stats like percentage of passes completed.

Comment

The funniest thing is seeing Iranians who hate on him. At BHA he wasn’t good enough bc he wasn’t scoring and just completing tons of passes and creating some chances here and there. Now he’s completing less passes and creating some chances and scoring more goals and according to the resident experts he sucks bc of that.

I will never understand the hate ppl have on him. He is a great player and even better guy….he’s in super solid form for TM and he’s scoring for feyenoord more and more. This is exactly what we need from him going into the WC
                            Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 02-20-2022, 08:52 PM.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                              The funniest thing is seeing Iranians who hate on him. At BHA he wasn’t good enough bc he wasn’t scoring and just completing tons of passes and creating some chances here and there. Now he’s completing less passes and creating some chances and scoring more goals and according to the resident experts he sucks bc of that.

I will never understand the hate ppl have on him. He is a great player and even better guy….he’s in super solid form for TM and he’s scoring for feyenoord more and more. This is exactly what we need from him going into the WC

The irony of it, is TM is always starving for other players to score other than Azmoun and Taremi. Now that ARJ is stepping up for TM, scoring goals, taking more risks, we put him down for misplaced places and turnovers. Or ridicule the Dutch league competition.

He's plenty capable in producing moments of brilliance (his bicycle kick against Chelsea, who was more than a worthy opponent). And we'll especially need that in the world cup.

Comment

How many goals has he scored so far this season?

Comment

Working...
                                X