Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think he's playing pretty well both defensively and offensively. He has sent in multiple quality crosses and is involved in the game.

He can't dribble past a tree though..

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

His passes have been sublime. He has given some absolute sitters to his teammates who cannot finish. He is creating bulk of Feyenoord's chances this half. Even the goal disallowed was because of his shot that was saved by the calf of the Vitesse defender (the keeper was beat).

He is also doing a great job providing support on defense too. Oftentimes, its Ali's interception that restarts the wingbacks up the flanks for a counter.

He just cannot dribble pass his man, that's it. But he is beating his defenders with smart 1-2 linkups with his teammates. Which in modern football, is even more important.
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Dressers held it too long or Ali was through on goal.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          hes actually become atrocious at take ons. Tries to go around his guy in promising position just now and picks up yellow...Touch was too heavy and then hurled himself into guys ankle.

I think we have domestic wingers that would be more useful at their job out wide than this guy...

If he is not finishing inside the box right now he basically offers you zero offensively
          Have no idea what match you're watching haji.
          Arguably the best player on the pitch today. Just the past 10 minutes he had two in target crosses in the box after beating the defender.

Comment

Well I only tuned in for last 20 admittedly.

Saw him get yellow for hurdling into a guy, miss a chance he probably should be burying that the rebound got scored on (but subsequently varred off), a blocked shot when cutting onto his right, and just now a cross into arms of GK.

Lets see if its enough to keep his starting spot, as you say they also signed new RW so he has even more competition.

Comment

He actually had a decent game. Made some really great through passes, missed some easy ones. Typical JB lately.

Comment

I think it would be perfectly ok if he slapped his team mate who took the chance off him in the 85th min.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                  Well I only tuned in for last 20 admittedly.

Saw him get yellow for hurdling into a guy, miss a chance he probably should be burying that the rebound got scored on (but subsequently varred off), a blocked shot when cutting onto his right, and just now a cross into arms of GK.

Lets see if its enough to keep his starting spot, as you say they also signed new RW so he has even more competition.
                  He had a good game and was second best rated player on his side. If you are referring to Cole Basset as his replacement that's a wait and see.

Cole Basset plays LM/CM/ACM so it's not direct competition. I see him as a replacement for Til but time will tell.

Ali played well, needs to do more imo to secure the starting spot. Bottom line he needs to score or assist, otherwise there are alot of players out there that can play well and score.

Comment

This second half was probably ARJ's best half for Feyenoord. He did well on the right but last twenty minutes he moved to left wing and was very productive on the left.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      I think it would be perfectly ok if he slapped his team mate who took the chance off him in the 85th min.
                      that was horrible by linssen.

Those sort of difficult finishes in box are actually his strong suit of late (think header vs SK).

BC of confidence issues he is really struggling with the easier chances (should have scored the cutback today) and any sort of 1v1's, its like his brain short circuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
                        He had a good game and was second best rated player on his side. If you are referring to Cole Basset as his replacement that's a wait and see.
                        Cole Basset plays LM/CM/ACM so it's not direct competition. I see him as a replacement for Til but time will tell.
                        Ali played well, needs to do more imo to secure the starting spot. Bottom line he needs to score or assist, otherwise there are alot of players out there that can play well and score.

was referring to the highly rated young swede patrick walemark. I wish for best of ARJ like everybody here, I know his good qualities and experience. But what I have seen all season from him is the same. Sometimes he shows good vision, ofc we all know he can pick out smart passes and decent crosses, he works defensively, and his finishing technique and eye for goal is usually quite good.

But as a winger its hard to keep making case for him when he cannot beat a guy 1v1 to save his life. Take away the time and space afforded to you in eridivisie and most of those nice passes and crosses he struggles to produce as well (same story for TM in qualifiers) so you are really relying on his experience and nose for goal around the box, which has been affected by his low confidence too. He still looks so slow and hesitant in many situations. And that is the reason that feyenoord benched him most of the season so far, tonight he only played bc toornstra was out.

At some stage to claim starting spot, even with favorable ex coach slot, he needs to give the guy real G+A production. In this team it is more than possible, they play highly modern, offensive setup, dictating possession usually and getting him the ball in dangerous zones vs kiri eridivisie defenses more often than not. The opposite wing sinisterra has 14 G + 7 A...

1 Goal and 2 assists in this league simply wont cut it. Especially when he is probably one of their highest earners and certainly one of the most experienced players.

I think he looks better from the left, but if they did play with a SS, which they dont, that is probably ideal spot for him these days.

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                          His passes have been sublime. He has given some absolute sitters to his teammates who cannot finish. He is creating bulk of Feyenoord's chances this half. Even the goal disallowed was because of his shot that was saved by the calf of the Vitesse defender (the keeper was beat).

He is also doing a great job providing support on defense too. Oftentimes, its Ali's interception that restarts the wingbacks up the flanks for a counter.

He just cannot dribble pass his man, that's it. But he is beating his defenders with smart 1-2 linkups with his teammates. Which in modern football, is even more important.
                          i agree to this for most part and only saw the last 25min or so ..!!
                          he is still bit too careless with the ball at his feet, got lucky not to get easily dispossessed few times when he attempted dribbling past his marker but overall he was the best and most dangerous Fey player on the pitch in the last 20min or so ..! im fairly sure he'll get another start based on that performance..! looked much better when pushed out wide to the left wing..!

Comment

Feyenoord fans not happy with Jahanbakhsh:

https://old.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm...m_0_1_vitesse/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

I feel sorry for this guy. This was his big chance to bounce back, in a country and league he was so familiar with and felt comfortable in, he finished with a top score title before he left, and now this. I see him being loaned out when we reach summer..

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X