Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had two good chances and the GK saved them well.

Comment

Decent first half from him. First 15-20 minutes he wasn't that good offensively. Couple of sloppy back passes/turnover, and of course the obligatory unnecessarily fast through balls that not even Usain Bolt could catch up to.

As the half went on he got more careful, made better passes, and had some nice dribbles. He had two shots on target, the first one of which was after he pulled off a filthy nutmeg.

Also as always his defensive effort just keeps getting better. Manhandling attackers and dispossessing them.

Would say he is probably his team's best player in the first half (although the bar is pretty low for this match).

Comment

Alireza Jahanbakhsh @ Feyenoord Rotterdam | 2021-2022

I know football is a team sport, but his lack of goals is alarming for a winger with AC, WC, PL experience and former top scorer title in Eredivisie. Especially since many games so far have been against mid-table / lower Eredivisie teams.

Comment

Feyenoord won 1-0 with 95 min winner by Dessers
          JB need to score in league, it has been 11 weeks, soon or later he will lose his spot

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

He probably ends up at his former club NEC in couple years.

Comment

^^ I think all NEC supporters dream of that moment which will never come.
              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

Comment

Feyenoord had a good dessert today

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
                    ^^ I think all NEC supporters dream of that moment which will never come.
                    Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      Why not?

Because NEC is a super small team that can't afford AliReza. His first periode their was possible because of a wealthy entrepreneur named Marcel Boekhoorn & because some 'trick' they pulled with a student status of AliReza ; - )
                      Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
                      O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

I think one thing Alireza and us fans have to be realistic about is the fact that the Dutch league is his ceiling at this point. I know there was some talk of him asking for a lower release clause in case a top 4 league team wanted to sign him, but from what I have seen of him since the start of the season, there's no indication he will ever get back to his 2016-2018 form and be swept up by a bigger club. I kind of fooled myself into thinking that as he gets more playing time he will continue to improve, but I think what we see from him over the past month is more or less what we will see from him before old age catches up to him in 5 years or so.

With that said, Feyenoord is not a terrible spot to play your last 2-3 "peak" seasons in. More or less guaranteed a European competition every season, and the vibes seem right.

Comment

Still too early to say, ARJ is a slow starter everywhere. We will be able to tell if Feyenoord is his ceiling in his 2nd season.

Comment

I watched the first half and IMO he had decent game. He had two shoots which both were saved by the GK. Remember that Feyenoord are doing pretty well this season, 4th place, 4 games to top with a game less. I'm not saying it's because of ARJ but he's definitly contributing factor.

Comment

let's just appreciate he's back in NL and getting playing time.

Comment

Too early to judge. Give him half a season to settle in.
                                Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Working...
                                X