This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gol Bezan View Post
    Probably for the best.. I don't want him to risk missing TM games because our country doesn't recognize Israel.

Comment

This is bullshit
      And you guys ask why Iranians have a hard time signing for EU team.
      "If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water my friend."~Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by puddha View Post
        This is bullshit
        And you guys ask why Iranians have a hard time signing for EU team.
        Messi and Argentina refused to play Israel and they are just fine. The lack of EU signing for our players has multiple other reasons that we've reviewed before ad nauseum. We also have plenty of players currently in EU without any issues. I agree that it would be nice to one day play against Israeli teams and beat the crap out of them, but to elevate this incident as the one and only cause for a hard time signing with EU teams is an over-reaction.

Comment

Club statement:

Alireza Jahanbakhsh was also back on the training field in Rotterdam on Friday. Feyenoord has decided not to include the attacker in the match selection for the game against Maccabi Haifa. The club wants to prevent the Iranian from being able to play for the national team in the future, something that could be a consequence for athletes from Iran who compete against Israeli athletes. He is also excluded from the selection by the club for this reason at the home game.

https://www.feyenoord.nl/nieuws/nieu...-1908---100921

Comment

I just want to point out that a few years ago both Hajsafi and Ansarifard played for olympiacos vs an Israeli team and they are still on TM today. Maybe it was Shojaei and Hajsafi for the other greek team. Not sure.

Comment

Minavand played against an Israeli club 20+ years ago and no one said anything. Unfortunately people are somehow more extreme about this now.

Comment

I don't think the problem is playing against an Israeli team rather playing against them IN Israel. I'm sure he'll play in the return leg??

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                  I don't think the problem is playing against an Israeli team rather playing against them IN Israel. I'm sure he'll play in the return leg??
                  Nope, see club statement I posted earlier.

Comment

This is standard and has happened before. It's more to do with traveling to Israel rather than the home match. But instead of adding controversy of having him play one leg it's less drama to hold him out of both legs of this round.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

They played away in Israel earlier and the game ended 0-0.

Comment

Originally posted by scuderia View Post
                          I just want to point out that a few years ago both Hajsafi and Ansarifard played for olympiacos vs an Israeli team and they are still on TM today. Maybe it was Shojaei and Hajsafi for the other greek team. Not sure.
                          This is incorrect: it was Hajsafi and Shojaie and Masoud was banned from Team Melli for a year. I'm pretty sure Ehsan missed a few call-ups too.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/iran-s...ying-israelis/

Comment

Originally posted by saadat_abad View Post
                            He will not.
                            Remember Ehsan and Masoud situation.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

It's official. He got his mojo back.

GOAL of the MONTH for August!!!

Comment

YahanbaX is back baby!!

Comment

Working...
                                X