Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our boy is once again on 🔥 . I wonder if Brighton fans watching!?
    sigpic
    Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Seemed like groin problems. I don't think it's too serious, but unlikely he'll be available for the league start in 3 days. These 3 years of barely getting minutes and no full 90 minutes will still haunt him for a while.

Comment

few minutes after he started his motorcycle and gave it some gas (his dance after the second goal), he got injured. It seemed like an inner thigh thing, not the same hamstring issue, but we shall see...

Comment

just to be clear: many people on this board thought it would be better for him to stay at brighton and play 5 mins 3x a year than move to feyenoord...

Sorry but the guy was visibly dying at that club. There is no sugar coating it, his performances for TM since he went there were utter garbage. He got displaced in the xi by gholizadeh, and deservedly so.

Now within a couple weeks of being out of that shithole he is finding his groove, and looks like he can actually be useful for TM again, what a huge plus for us with WCQ coming up. And still, the damage done in that time to his body and fitness haunts him, the injury is nothing major seemingly, but it just highlights the impact 3 years of not playing football has on a football player! who would have thought!?

Comment

walking it off aint a big deal on those sorts of hammy and goin pulls
            making a full recovery on the other hand and train and becoming game fit, i'd guess will take a month or so min..?? hope im wrong though, it would be quiet unfortunate timing just as he was begining to hit his strides in new club..!! fak

Comment

I knew I should have gone to the game today

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                just to be clear: many people on this board thought it would be better for him to stay at brighton and play 5 mins 3x a year than move to feyenoord...

Sorry but the guy was visibly dying at that club. There is no sugar coating it, his performances for TM since he went there were utter garbage. He got displaced in the xi by gholizadeh, and deservedly so.

Now within a couple weeks of being out of that shithole he is finding his groove, and looks like he can actually be useful for TM again, what a huge plus for us with WCQ coming up. And still, the damage done in that time to his body and fitness haunts him, the injury is nothing major seemingly, but it just highlights the impact 3 years of not playing football has on a football player! who would have thought!?
                Agree he was right to make the move, but if we’re being totally honest even when playing his best stuff in NL his perfomances for TM were very underwhelming.

Comment

Originally posted by zereshk-ali View Post
                  Agree he was right to make the move, but if we’re being totally honest even when playing his best stuff in NL his perfomances for TM were very underwhelming.
                  true, but they werent as shit as recent times. He still threw in a few good matches : SK, qatar, Algeria, Turkey, Portugal.

How he played vs iraq was honestly one of the worst TM performances I have seen, and I am here living through hajsafi era.

The way he turned and automatically unloaded that strike without hesitation, thats the ARJ of old. He had so many chances to take shots from similar range in brighton and would always opt for square pass. His shooting technique and the power he can generate with minimal backlift is tremendous. When he doesnt use it that already takes out 1/2 of his threat imo, since he is unlikely to dribble past a guy or beat a solid defender in a straight sprint. all thats left for him is thru ball/cross which just isnt enough for any competitive team to warrant including him in starting xis.

Comment

You can attribute his lack of performance in EPL to Brighton and Potter or to the higher quality of the league. We can never prove which and so I won't try.

It personally thing it was Potter in Potter's fault that first year as he played a total of 311 minutes and only 3 starts and practically no minutes in the first half of that year. But in the second year, Potter started him 6 times and he played 528 minutes. According to ARJ's manager, ARJ and Brighton wanted to split ways after Potter's first year but it was Potter who rejected the idea and wanted to keep him. Potter was trying to give him a genuine go in the second year but ARJ's injury came as he was beginning to start for the team and took him out for most of the first half. Also, EPL is of course more cut throat and you can't be given chance after chance if you don't perform well.

Lastly, since leaving Brighton, ARJ has had Iran's games and the last 3 games with Feyenoord, so can't blame his injury today to lack of game time. He always trained with Brighton anyways so his body was at full fitness anyways.

Comment

JB is like Kia, he was killing it at HSV, but was very average at best for TM, except 2 amazing goals vs China and us goal.
                      As example he was struggling for TM in AC 2000, few days later, he scored a brace vs Juves in CL and was man of the match.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

true, but they werent as shit as recent times. He still threw in a few good matches : SK, qatar, Algeria, Turkey, Portugal.

How he played vs iraq was honestly one of the worst TM performances I have seen, and I am here living through hajsafi era.

The way he turned and automatically unloaded that strike without hesitation, thats the ARJ of old. He had so many chances to take shots from similar range in brighton and would always opt for square pass. His shooting technique and the power he can generate with minimal backlift is tremendous. When he doesnt use it that already takes out 1/2 of his threat imo, since he is unlikely to dribble past a guy or beat a solid defender in a straight sprint. all thats left for him is thru ball/cross which just isnt enough for any competitive team to warrant including him in starting xis.
                        He took a lot of shots at Brighton but most were blocked by a defender in front of him. Tell me when was the last time that he was that wide open just outside the box and he chose to pass. He had acres of space to stop the ball, turn and shot today. As a matter of fact he did score spectacular goals via his shots at Brighton but against lower quality teams.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                          Our boy is once again on 🔥 . I wonder if Brighton fans watching!?
                          They would probably just say that they met a shitty team. Haters gonna hate

Comment

Please please please let's end the EPL/Brighton/Potter mentions in here, ain't nobody want to see such crap every week after ARJ grabs about 6 goals a game at this almost semi-professional level of football. Just enjoy it for what it is, ain't nothing going to change the past.

Comment

Confirmed here that it was a groin injury of sorts. The analyst commentary is also right regarding him needing to become match fit because he did not have much playing time during his stint at Brighton

https://www.voetbalzone.nl/doc.asp?uid=392245

"Hopefully the damage is not too bad, but the groin is always a bit dangerous," the analyst said at halftime in front of ESPN 's camera . "This is also a little bit indicative. Look, he has been out of circulation for a long time and then he comes back. Then he finally plays a match at the level you expect from him. With the speed and energy that he then These kinds of things just happen. You can't do much about it," concludes Vink, who calls the attacker "a real quality player".

"You saw that he had a lot of trouble with the pace in the first games he played. And then he especially struggled with the lack of refined coordination. He often tripped over the ball and just wasn't right in it. This is really the first game that I Jahanbakhsh just do everything right ninety percent of the time. With that first goal he used his speed fantastic and finished well with the inside, "said Vink.

"He's lived up to expectations, hasn't he?" Mario Been also reacts during the break. "The second goal in particular was really great. He is well into the game and kicks it in really nicely. He was also searching, but by playing matches he takes that form. Feyenoord also has little to fear from FC Luzern, but that is also the merit of Feyenoord."

Comment

I think we need to let go of the inferiority complex. He played for Brighton—not a team that would exactly pummel his ex team AZ, nor his current team with Feyenoord.

The important thing is for ARJ to get back his mojo with these goals, and get more playing time.

Who cares if Brighton are in EPL? They’re a bottom ranked team, barely keeping their head above water each year. Good riddance to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X