Majid Hosseini & Ali Karimi @ Kayserispor | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
    And we compare him to kanani who is full of sooti’s in QSL and would have many more to add for TM if we weren’t playing against borderline amateur opposition in WCQ’s. Again only reason why some ppl aren’t noticing it/seeing it is bc we haven’t paid the price of getting goals scored on us.
    Ghermez Agha jaan, I think the issue is WHO for CBs? Majid is a sure bet the way he is performing and I hope he stays healthy and keeps performing at club level. He was very unlucky with COVID-19 positive case and if he had stayed in Iran with a negative test similar to Noorollahi, he would have definitely gotten a start instead of Noorafkan (too many ifs ). PAG has a solid history but he needs time to get back in shape and perform at at 2018 level. He should be encouraged to be cautious. Coming back from an ACL injury is difficult and there is a danger of getting another tear. I have experienced that closely. Kanaani may not be performing at the club level (I trust you and inarsenewetrust judgements since I have not been watching QSL) but he has been relatively solid (better than Shoja) when playing for TM. He has other issues that Skocic and other reesh-sefeeds of TM (both coaches and players) need to intervene and resolve. Then there is Shoja who is inconsistent yet he now has experience under his belt (yes, not that many strong opponents) ... and then there are PGL starters like Yazdani, Aghashi and Faraji (in that order). Yazdani's latest interview is really worrisome since he seems to be unable to get over his resentment of Kanaani. My point is that unfortunately, Skocic does not have many choices to pick from. I will not rule out any of these players for now and support them to get better and get over their non-football issues immediately.

Go TM!
    Go Majid!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
      Ghermez Agha jaan, I think the issue is WHO for CBs? Majid is a sure bet the way he is performing and I hope he stays healthy and keeps performing at club level. He was very unlucky with COVID-19 positive case and if he had stayed in Iran with a negative test similar to Noorollahi, he would have definitely gotten a start instead of Noorafkan (too many ifs ). PAG has a solid history but he needs time to get back in shape and perform at at 2018 level. He should be encouraged to be cautious. Coming back from an ACL injury is difficult and there is a danger of getting another tear. I have experienced that closely. Kanaani may not be performing at the club level (I trust you and inarsenewetrust judgements since I have not been watching QSL) but he has been relatively solid (better than Shoja) when playing for TM. He has other issues that Skocic and other reesh-sefeeds of TM (both coaches and players) need to intervene and resolve. Then there is Shoja who is inconsistent yet he now has experience under his belt (yes, not that many strong opponents) ... and then there are PGL starters like Yazdani, Aghashi and Faraji (in that order). Yazdani's latest interview is really worrisome since he seems to be unable to get over his resentment of Kanaani. My point is that unfortunately, Skocic does not have many choices to pick from. I will not rule out any of these players for now and support them to get better and get over their non-football issues immediately.

Go TM!
      Go Majid!
      Futbaldoost jaan to enghad aghayee ke harchi begi I can’t disagree with

The little bits and pieces I have seen from that Saman Fallah kid in Peykan (if I’m not mistaken) is a great place to start. Kid looks to be a really solid young talent and is an ideal candidate to be phased into TM IMO but of course would need numerous camps and friendlies to get acclimated to the TM environment. But also then again majid hosseini didn’t have that and turned out to be amazing in the WC so if he keeps playing at a high level then I say give him a chance. The risk and reward is much better than someone who lacks basic footy defending fundamentals IMO.

But I think you feel that kanani has been solid again, like others who feel that way, because his mistakes have not cost us. I personally don’t see it the same way….when there are poorly played passes, lapses in concentration on defense and you lose the man you’re marking or you’re one step too close to the midfield line and then have to recover on defense and put yourself in a risky situation, when you lack the ability to defend in the air and are vulnerable on set pieces…..all of these things catch my eye and those are all just a few of the many liabilities associated with kanani. I have watched him play personally in front of me from 5 feet away many times, my cousin was in the u23 TM camp and was room mates with kanani (back in 2014 - he never made it big unfortunately but that’s another sad story I’m leave for another time) and then, I can say he had a lot more promise he was a bit stockier, he was physical as he is now but he played in a way where he had something to prove….didn’t take as much silly risks and was more cautious with his positioning. Now he is the exact opposite and much more careless in his approach and for TM we saw multiple times where he was one step off and had to make up for it in recovering on a counter, played an unnecessary poor pass, etc.

I will separate kanani from shoja though. They are on two different levels….at the end of the day I wouldn’t be that upset if our WC pairing in the back is majid and kanani but god help us if it is shoja and kanani. Fingers crossed Skocic gets it right and has enough camps and friendlies to come to that realization before we have to wait another 4 years to get our pride back.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Game vs Galatasaray tomorrow. Majid should be in action
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          Futbaldoost jaan to enghad aghayee ke harchi begi I can’t disagree with

The little bits and pieces I have seen from that Saman Fallah kid in Peykan (if I’m not mistaken) is a great place to start. Kid looks to be a really solid young talent and is an ideal candidate to be phased into TM IMO but of course would need numerous camps and friendlies to get acclimated to the TM environment. But also then again majid hosseini didn’t have that and turned out to be amazing in the WC so if he keeps playing at a high level then I say give him a chance. The risk and reward is much better than someone who lacks basic footy defending fundamentals IMO.

But I think you feel that kanani has been solid again, like others who feel that way, because his mistakes have not cost us. I personally don’t see it the same way….when there are poorly played passes, lapses in concentration on defense and you lose the man you’re marking or you’re one step too close to the midfield line and then have to recover on defense and put yourself in a risky situation, when you lack the ability to defend in the air and are vulnerable on set pieces…..all of these things catch my eye and those are all just a few of the many liabilities associated with kanani. I have watched him play personally in front of me from 5 feet away many times, my cousin was in the u23 TM camp and was room mates with kanani (back in 2014 - he never made it big unfortunately but that’s another sad story I’m leave for another time) and then, I can say he had a lot more promise he was a bit stockier, he was physical as he is now but he played in a way where he had something to prove….didn’t take as much silly risks and was more cautious with his positioning. Now he is the exact opposite and much more careless in his approach and for TM we saw multiple times where he was one step off and had to make up for it in recovering on a counter, played an unnecessary poor pass, etc.

I will separate kanani from shoja though. They are on two different levels….at the end of the day I wouldn’t be that upset if our WC pairing in the back is majid and kanani but god help us if it is shoja and kanani. Fingers crossed Skocic gets it right and has enough camps and friendlies to come to that realization before we have to wait another 4 years to get our pride back.
          Motaabegh mamool, lotf daree dadash. It takes one to see one. Definitely agree on Saman Fallah. Saw the videos in another thread. He is only 20 and he should be called up. Hopefully he gets to shine under Mahdavikia and U23 team if the IFF on-going fiascos don't derail things for that team. You have good points about Kanaani and I think solid friendlies will show more.

Go Majid!

Comment

Last edited by Leicester City; 02-11-2022, 10:11 PM. Reason: Majid Hosseini & Ali Karimi

Comment

^^^ yes my boy ali karimi is back. Hopefully he can get some playing time before world cup

Comment

Majid starting vs. Galatasaray, no AK in squad still.

Comment

1-1 Galatasaray score in min 85 off corner, not majids guy

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                    1-1 Galatasaray score in min 85 off corner, not majids guy
                    Majid has highest rating of match on SofaScore with 8.0!

Comment

Majid had a great performance.

Lots of good blocks on incoming crosses, goal line clearance, and really accurate long balls.
                      AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

May he continue to gain form. He will probably start for TM in March.

Comment

Originally posted by KeonKish View Post
                          Majid had a great performance.

Lots of good blocks on incoming crosses, goal line clearance, and really accurate long balls.

Comment

He completely deserves to take back his starting spot, no real questions about it.

Far and away our best performing CB.

Like to see him paired with Kanani, and then we can assess where PAG is at. IF fit and at his best he should have chance to complete with Kanani to partner majid.

Comment

For those who watch him regularly, is he better on tackling in risky spots ? He plays in a physical league, and in Asia most refs would call a lot of his firm but clean tackles as penalties.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                For those who watch him regularly, is he better on tackling in risky spots ? He plays in a physical league, and in Asia most refs would call a lot of his firm but clean tackles as penalties.
                                he hardly goes to ground in the box anymore.

here are highlights. HE is number 5.

One phenomenal long ball here that should have resulted in assist (min 2:30). Its no fluke as he is doing this regularly this season, already has a couple assists from similar passes.

He saved a goal at 3:55 with good anticipation of the lob and filling in for the GK.

Defended dangerous gomis fairly well.

This guy would provide us with much better offensive buildup from the back than what we currently have. His ball playing skills are not comparable to shoja and Kanani. Could see many situations where he could even pick up direct assists to azmoun and taremi.

When this transfer happened a lot of people were pissed about it but in retrospect, like abedzadeh choice, it was a good move. Kayserispor are a stable club for turkish standards, he got trusted with regular spot in the team, built up his fitness and confidence, and is showing his peak trabzonspor form again. And they are only 5 pts off european places.

Comment

Working...
                                X