This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
    So glad that Mehdi is starting to find his old form. The only problem I see when SC changed his position to a false 9 is that I am missing some runs into the box. Feels like he doesn’t take enough runs into the box because Evanilson is already there and it feels like he rather waits for loose ball come his way. What do you guys think, have you also observed these changes to his game?
    I’ve actually seen him in the box a lot recently. He is often left standing right on the middle of the box while Diaz is taking very wild and acute angle shots from the side of the goal. It’s not for lack of positioning, but lack of service from shot-happy team mate(s).

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
      I’ve actually seen him in the box a lot recently. He is often left standing right on the middle of the box while Diaz is taking very wild and acute angle shots from the side of the goal. It’s not for lack of positioning, but lack of service from shot-happy team mate(s).
      Like yesterday I noticed he starts a run and stops, take a few steps back. I don’t know what it is but I’ve seen it in several games now. He doesn’t do the direct runs into the box as before the repositioning. I don’t know, maybe I am just delusional. Yeah, maybe it’s that he thinks he will get service from Diaz and company but the balls doesn’t come. Well the service to him was much better also before the Skocic incident, maybe his team mates are just too khore and doesn’t pass him

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
        Like yesterday I noticed he starts a run and stops, take a few steps back. I don’t know what it is but I’ve seen it in several games now. He doesn’t do the direct runs into the box as before the repositioning. I don’t know, maybe I am just delusional
        I think you’re also right. I think he’s doing both, which is what makes him such a versatile striker. He’s not a one trick pony.

Comment

I think you’re also right. I think he’s doing both, which is what makes him such a versatile striker. He’s not a one trick pony.
          Well he has very unique style. The way he hustles, the way he runs, he is all over the pitch and open spaces for his team mates. We saw yesterday as soon as he was on the pitch they started playing better. Really I’ve never seen a player that is that unique and so hard to predict what he will do next. It must be like hell to defend against Mehdi 🤣

Comment

Your photography skills are amazing from the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
              I think he was jokingly referring that he was the kid in the picture haha

I don't think he actually went to the game
              diz jaan ma ro gozaashteh sareh kar.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                The award ceremony will start at 1:00pm EST (NY) 7:00pm CET (Zurich). Standing for Mehdi to win the Puskas Award!

Go Mehdi!

broadcast underway...!!
                bit overshadowed by sardar's possible impending transfer to the cheapass old lady ..!!?

Comment

and.... eric lame won it

Comment

Mehdi was robbed. It should’ve been between Taremi and Schick but they had to give it to Lamela smh.

Comment

fk this ... such bs

probably a foreshadowing of Sardar juve eventual debacle to come..?

Comment

They can go to hell

Comment

Next year it will be an Eric Dier header or something for Spurs. Only way that crap team is gonna win anything.

Comment

I got to be honest on this and put the pride away. In terms of beauty eric's goal was lovely . I've seen hundreds of goals similar to mehdi's and schick's goal but eric's was a one of goal which I haven't seen . But interms of quality I would put mehdi's goal on top of those and i think he should've won it. He scored against the best goalkeeper in the world, in quater finals of champions league against the best european team in the world (chelsea).

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                              I got to be honest on this and put the pride away. In terms of beauty eric's goal was lovely . I've seen hundreds of goals similar to mehdi's and schick's goal but eric's was a one of goal which I haven't seen . But interms of quality I would put mehdi's goal on top of those and i think he should've won it. He scored against the best goalkeeper in the world, in quater finals of champions league against the best european team in the world (chelsea).
                              In all honesty I find it crap. Ok, it is nice he shoot from behind his leg but that's it.

The fact that taremi's goal is aerial make it so spectacular

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                                no way, he got lucky it even squeaked through into goal ... it looks snazzy but technically it ain that hard to pull off.. not even near the difficulty of Mehdi's overhead bike

played with lard ass south american dude who could kick like that in from Midfield or beyond..! seriously ... dude would chug like a 6 pack of beer pre, ht and and a dozen after each match for us , but had the heaviest foot of anyone ive ever played football with..!! actually had a trial with KC Chiefs for the kicker position and made the final round... i think they only didnt choose him because of his embarrassing looking fitness levels..? 😂

Comment

Working...
                                X