X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
    He has himself to blame.
    He got himself embroidered into an unnecessary controversy in TM that ultimately hurt only himself.
    And instead of ending it immediately, he foolishly dug himself a bigger hole.

This also shows mentally he is not strong to refocus himself, regroup and regain his form.
    This should not come as a surprise as he showed the weak mentality in Turkey too.

He needs some psychological help. Coz physically he is doing all the right things.
    Hope the club recognizes this and gets him help ASAP
    Exactly man. And this is why I called him Ahmagh, I knew something like this would happen .

I'm sure skocic has cast a spell on him and all of this would be fixed when taremi joins team melli and breaks the spell by kissing skocic on the right , then left, then right cheek (has to be in this order).

Comment

Montreal Canadiens hockey club had a legendary coach Jacques Demers and we had an elite forward/C who was struggling to score in like 10-15 matches.
      That was back to mid 90s, when reporter asked Demers what he thinks of Vinne Damphousse performance lately he replied in french:
      Il est payé pour mettre dedans
      Be farsi khodemon yani, pol migire bekone toosh.. Lol
      This Demers comment became legendary in hockey world even up to today lol
      Hala Taremi ham pol migire bekone toosh..
      Forward job before anything is scoring.
      This should and i am sure will end soon

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
        He has himself to blame.
        He got himself embroidered into an unnecessary controversy in TM that ultimately hurt only himself.
        And instead of ending it immediately, he foolishly dug himself a bigger hole.

This also shows mentally he is not strong to refocus himself, regroup and regain his form.
        This should not come as a surprise as he showed the weak mentality in Turkey too.

He needs some psychological help. Coz physically he is doing all the right things.
        Hope the club recognizes this and gets him help ASAP
        Amen…..very well said. He needed a psychologist a long time ago if we’re being totally honest, some ppl thought he matured but recent events have proven otherwise.
        Team Meli Iran
        Perspolis FC
        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
          Definitely body language is very telling at the end of the match. It could just be that he's tired (he worked his tail off), but also just looks emotionally down
          Well, I tend to agree with your assessment that for the the most part he is just tired AND besides the body language in this clip, I would be upset if I were him too. Mehdi is a competitor and he wants to score. I think the coach and his teammates and the fans are supportive. He works very hard every match and gives it all he has. He will eventually overcome this. I don't believe in spells, omens, karma and so forth. It is just a coincidence that he stopped scoring around the same time that TM issue happened. From all the reports it sounds like he has already taken care of that and even if it was something on his mind that affected his performance, it should not be there any more.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

We can rest assured our boy is in good hands. Look at how they are treating Mehdi and making sure his psychological preparation is maintained. What a club. So glad he's there right now.

Statements by the assistant coach, Vítor Bruno, after Vizela-FC Porto (0-4), on the 15th round of the Bwin League

Two strikers return: "Two strikers in theory, because Mehdi [Taremi] has been treading different parts of the pitch for some time now. Mehdi felt that at some point the spotlight all started in on top of him, with the absence of goals, of assists, and there was a very strong zoom on Mehdi. Our coach chose to take him out of the action so that he could gain some security, some peace of mind and realize that when he returned to team, I was going to play a game with the quality he does."

Taremi's richness: "Mehdi travels many spaces on the field, creates spaces for the teammate, attacks space, plays inside the opponent's block, plays outside and gives a brutal richness to our game. He has a radar in his head that he rarely sees. It's important that they look at it not only for the numbers, but for the influence it has on our model."

Comforting Taremi: "Football is made of mistakes and the player's condition is human and no one is oblivious to the error. It made no sense to be punishing someone who tries to do the best for the team. The goal is not coming, but it will. come in when you least expect it and then you'll do three and four."

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-14425100.html

Comment

I don't think Taremi/Skocic saga had much to do with Taremi's current form. Maybe a tiny bit but definitely not the main reason.

I believe there are two main reasons for his current form. One is typical of all forwards, where they fail to score in two or three games and they put extra pressure on themselves which saps their confidence and makes it harder to score and it snowballs... The other reason is the introduction of Evanilson. When he plays behind Evanilson, he is quite productive and pulls the strings well, but too far from goal to score regularly. And when he goes next to Evanilson, they just get in each other's way and makes it easier for defenders to defend them.

Comment

Mehdi's situation is not unique. I am not sure why no one has mentioned the $100 to $150 Million Dollar man ( harry Kane). He was top scorer in UK last season and MAN city was trying to get him for $125 Million but Tot were asking for $150K . Look at his performance this season, 14 games ,2 goals and 1 assist. vs. Last season 35 games, 23 goals, 18 assists. Mahdi will most likely start scoring in one of the two Benfica game. If not in Jan. dont worry too much , goals will come.

Comment

I watched the game. Mehdi did well as always, worked his ass off. He had one great chance (Assist by Diaz indeed) but he missed in the first half. Otherwise, he ran a lot, created lot of spaces for his teammates and I'm pretty sure the coaching staff are satisfied with him as long as they are winning because for them, it doesnt matter who socres, Mehdi or Diaz and right now Diaz is really hot and I must admit he's lucky as well because whenever and where ever he touches the ball, it's getting a dangerous situation or a goal. The English commentator said several times as well that Mehdi has not scored since October vs Santa Clara but he's contributing a lot to the team and he's a big part of all victories even though he does not score.

As some friends mentioned here earlier, I fully agree that this is a psychological issue, he might need some hep perhaps but one thing is for sure, the guy is a goal scorer but like many other goal scorer he's having a bad period and I can almost bet on that whenever next goal comes, many will come right after.

Comment

As a Liverpool fan, Mehdi’s role in Porto reminds me of the role that Bobby Firmino has played over the past few seasons. He doesn’t always get the goals but the work he did allowed Mane and Salah to get more goals and also helped us to recover the ball and play on the break. That is what the coaching staff are alluding to, I feel confident that he will get back on the scoring trail and he had a part to play in all of the goals yesterday.

Comment

He'll be back folks! He's a true workhorse and you can't keep him out of the finishing gate...

Comment

From a philosophical point of view this is the epitome of iranian hubris.
                        Whenever things are in our favor, we tend to F it up ourselves big time.
                        Zer nemizad bejash gol mizad.
                        IRI's politics is no different than handling a pressure cooker ..... As the pressure builds up, you slowly let the steam out just a tad bit so that you don't see overflow, and once the pressure from below is less, you put the lid down again and raise the temperature.

Comment

If this isn’t penalty I don’t know what is! Fking VAR, ridäääään 💩 https://twitter.com/hugofil39965943/...656068106?s=21

Comment

Comment

His goal drought continues. When was the last time he scored?

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                                If this isn’t penalty I don’t know what is! Fking VAR, ridäääään 💩 https://twitter.com/hugofil39965943/...656068106?s=21
                                Taremi is also holding the guys leg lol

Comment

Working...
                                X