Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Iranian to score on Liverpool, right? Because I can't remember anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
      And also I think basically everybody on this forum has been in agreement that costa was amazing these opening weeks of the season.

Shame his bad game came tonight, mentally he lost it.

I dont think there is a ton to fault SC for given the absences, but I would say he really got starting zaidu instead of wendell totally wrong, maybe that was also injury related, zaidu is just horrible.

Also starting toni in such a game was weird decision, Taremi works fine as a lone 9 and toni gives you very little except energy and occasional sharp finishing. Grujic, Sergio, Uribe midfield to start with otavio and diaz flanking taremi would have made life a lot harder for liverpool mids. Then again, sergio himself was pure crap tonight. He scored a beauty at the weekend but you see tonight why SC has been hesitant to start him. Looks like he lost a step compared to last season, slow on the ball, passes not as accurate or timely as before.

Id be surprised if he played two up top in key euro games moving forward.
      playing Tecatito as a RB was his most costly mistake ..! i suppose because they dont have a RB but still, to not address that obvious gaping hole throughout the match and keeping the guy on was even more retarded..!! how dafauq you overlook Manefa ?? is really beyond me..!!

Comment

There’s rumblings on Twitter about SC and Porto parting ways. SC even made a veiled comment about it (though perhaps sarcasticly):

"If we make a spectacle of ourselves like this, we have to wonder whether the players are ready to put up with this coach."

Comment

fun fact:
          Taremi scored at the exact minute that Messi scored 74'

Comment

Originally posted by Farhad21 View Post
            fun fact:
            Taremi scored at the exact minute that Messi scored 74'
            Correction: Messi scored at the exact minute that Taremi scored!!!

Comment

this is on porto's president and board, you can't not sign any defenders w this trashy defense and expect results.

Comment

This game was absolutely gifted by Porto’s back line. I mean it was comical.

Goal #1 - Awful parry by Costa, atrocious control from Zaidu
                Goal #2 - you let a ball bounce TWICE like that past FOUR DEFENDERS and not a single one sticks his leg out??? Costa in no man’s land??
                Goal #3 - HORRIBLE giveaway from Oliveira who should’ve never started this one,10000% on him
                Goal #4 - I mean this one doesn’t even take explaining
                Goal #5 - only one you can even remotely forgive. Just pure bad luck.

I’m not even being overly critical or nit picky. They were all just glaring, horrendous errors. SC was forced to start the CB’s and Costa but his decision to start Zaidu is just plain disgusting.
                Really shows the difference money makes in football: Squad. Depth. Porto has 1 CB injured and another suspended, an injured goalkeeper, and they are forced to put in these clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  There’s rumblings on Twitter about SC and Porto parting ways. SC even made a veiled comment about it (though perhaps sarcasticly):

"If we make a spectacle of ourselves like this, we have to wonder whether the players are ready to put up with this coach."
                  talk about falling from chaleh to chaah..!
                  this was just one of those games that shit went haywire from before get-go and most everything pre-planned also backfired..!! The club would be fool to fire the guy who's doing the best he can with shitt squad he was handed by them and the tough UCL draw..!! he may not be the best coach out there but i dont see how they can upgrade on him, especially this late in the game..?
                  ps
                  this game was also not really reflective of LP's absolute supremacy over Porto..! something that all the nonbelievers (which im sure there are plenty today) likely be proven so in the return match at anfield ..!

Comment

Statements by Sérgio Conceição:

Youth team: “Even a youth team like the under-19 team that drew Liverpool in the Youth League today would do a little more than we did today. with the president, after this figure, see if the players listen to the coach or not"

Shameful: "The difference in values ​​exists and we equal it when we have a good organization, when there is intensity, that this race, the best in the world, deserves. I didn't get the message across and this disaster happened. This disaster, stop. me, it's shameful"

Self-criticism: "First I want to take on this heavy defeat here. I, as the coach, am mainly responsible for this. Saying that, yes, it was a game to remember in the future, realizing that there were setbacks that were decisive in my opinion. In the last moment of the warm-up Pepe was doing very well, but a problem with his ribs caused a muscle injury. It was planned in the preview that if I had to play another player it would be Fábio, who didn't have any game minutes yet. and not this one. Unfortunately I didn't have time to do it. I had to go inside this way."

Training goal: "However, shortly after the start of the game, Otávio was also injured and what was our balance in the center aisle was also important for the downside of his departure. And then there was Liverpool's first shot in the 17th minute The goal comes out. The goal was more training, but training for relaxation and not a team that is playing in the Champions League. We can't concede goals like that. Against a team like this, so incisive in the game... Losing balls in forbidden zones... It was very bad. I want to take on that responsibility. We have a lot to rethink if the players are willing to deal with the coach they have."

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-14170934.html

Comment

Comment

Atleti’s penalty against Milan is absolutely atrocious. That is twice now that VAR sucks them off. First in not calling Taremi’s PK now for that shameful handball call where it literally hits the athletico players hand first.

Unfortunately what this does is put the onus on Porto to get at least 4 points off Milan and hopefully a home win against Atletico in order to advance.

Comment

They got Taremi spot on in this one!

Comment

Wished he was at this stage of his career after WC18. Big teams would have been all after him with such performance. Now he is close to 30 unfortunately..

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Well we can keep thinking what if or be thankful that unlike many others he made it this far. If you want to go to the root cause of him being 2-3 late it has to do with sarbazi (Which he actually accredits to having helped his footballing career from mental perspective, even if 2 years was probably excessive) and that totally useless 18 months in al gharafa.

His physical shape is outstanding so I dont have much doubt he can play at high level for another 3-4 years. Plus he keeps improving, that is whats important.

https://www.record.pt/opiniao/cronis...-mestre-taremi

Anyways, can one of our resident hackers get this out from behind Record's paywall...

"The lessons of master Taremi..."

Comment

Taremi makes us so proud !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X