Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont think Liverpool would play a rotational squad for a tough UCL away fixture. The group is still very dangerous.

That being said without Pepe porto will struggle against top tier opposition. He was IMMENSE in their UCL run last year, constantly making tackles and interceptions, positioning excellently. Lets hope that with the inevitable low block porto play it wont matter too much.

Comment

Liverpool's defense was ripped open by the Bees on Saturday (previously almost impenetrable in the EPL this season). Porto will need to attack and attack hard. Playing defensively will only play into Klopp's strategy. Even if Pepe returns to defense, it will be his first match back since his injury and he may not be 100%. This is the exact situation where a good defensive strategy is a great offensive assault. Unleash Mehdi and Diaz up front, and have Sergio Olivera behind them as another attacking option. They need to feed passes to these three non-stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
        No TAA for Liverpool against Porto and Thiago is also out.

Game against Man City on the weekend so expect to see rotation in Liverpool squad. I expect them to start Konate and Gomez and potentially Tsimikas too. Milner will cover for Trent.
        Changes in the middle and up front too, potentially Bobby starts and either Origi or Minamino.
        Agha man ye soal daram. Farda az Taremi chandta gol mikhori?

Comment

I'm in southern Portugal right now and was hoping to find a pub with some Porto fans to watch the game with.
          Much to my disappointment the entirety of the town I'm in is made of British holiday makers, so I guess I'm stuck watching it at an English pub with fat bald red guys who look like uncooked hot dogs.

Talked to a couple of Uber Portuguese Uber drivers. One Benfica and one Sporting fan, and both of them spoke highly of Mehdi and said they wished he played for them. Seems like he has already made a name for himself here. One of the driver's even mentioned Abedzadeh and said it seems like Iranian players are very good and he doesn't know why there aren't more in Portugal.

Comment

The D without Pepe and Mbemba will be huge concern vs team like Pool

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              I'm in southern Portugal right now and was hoping to find a pub with some Porto fans to watch the game with.
              Much to my disappointment the entirety of the town I'm in is made of British holiday makers, so I guess I'm stuck watching it at an English pub with fat bald red guys who look like uncooked hot dogs.

Talked to a couple of Uber Portuguese Uber drivers. One Benfica and one Sporting fan, and both of them spoke highly of Mehdi and said they wished he played for them. Seems like he has already made a name for himself here. One of the driver's even mentioned Abedzadeh and said it seems like Iranian players are very good and he doesn't know why there aren't more in Portugal.
              Why watch the game with uncooked hotdogs when you are only a 3 hour drive away from the game itself... Should be plenty of Porto supporters at the stadium!!! If you leave now, you can make it. Hurry up digeh...

Comment

I am very glad and proud of Taremi but I think I speak for all of us, wishing he had reached this level of skills before previous world cup. Forever, we will remember that Portugal skipped elimination at the group stage by few inches. Only If!

Comment

The last 2 games in Portugal, they scored 1 and conceded 9 goals.
                  So the mental issue is there and i believe they will play defensive game.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                    Why watch the game with uncooked hotdogs when you are only a 3 hour drive away from the game itself... Should be plenty of Porto supporters at the stadium!!! If you leave now, you can make it. Hurry up digeh...
                    I completely agree with this statement. Get a move on and take a blabla car (European ride share app) to Porto!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      The D without Pepe and Mbemba will be huge concern vs team like Pool

I cant believe Mbemba's bs Red card wasnt challenged and he will miss out..!! Next to certain, Pepe will deputize their backline today..!! i think he just got a bruised rib in that collision with their keeper, and they were just being cautious resting him for today's match ..?

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
                        Lol, I barely managed to convince my girlfriend to have an early dinner our last night here so I can watch the match at 8. Would be pushing limits of my relationship if I were to drive 3 hours away to different city the night before our flight back. :P

Comment

Lol, I barely managed to convince my girlfriend to have an early dinner our last night here so I can watch the match at 8. Would be pushing limits of my relationship if I were to drive 3 hours away to different city the night before our flight back. :P
                          Zan zalil.

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                            I dont think Liverpool would play a rotational squad for a tough UCL away fixture. The group is still very dangerous.
                            That being said without Pepe porto will struggle against top tier opposition. He was IMMENSE in their UCL run last year, constantly making tackles and interceptions, positioning excellently. Lets hope that with the inevitable low block porto play it wont matter too much.
                            Priority will be given to the City game I think. Matip can not play 3 games in a week and VVD will it be risked to play that many after his long term injury last season. Tsimikas has been used as a rotation for Robertson this season - Robertson has a slight injury last month and Klopp has eased him back in.
                            Curtis Jones came off early against Brentford so I expect him to play - Henderson will either be rested tonight or for the City game. All depends on Keita’s fitness too but he is not fully fit.
                            Up front I don’t think he plays Salah and Mane tonight , I can see Salah being on the bench as he has played nearly every game this season from the start.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                              Priority will be given to the City game I think. Matip can not play 3 games in a week and VVD will it be risked to play that many after his long term injury last season. Tsimikas has been used as a rotation for Robertson this season - Robertson has a slight injury last month and Klopp has eased him back in.
                              Curtis Jones came off early against Brentford so I expect him to play - Henderson will either be rested tonight or for the City game. All depends on Keita’s fitness too but he is not fully fit.
                              Up front I don’t think he plays Salah and Mane tonight , I can see Salah being on the bench as he has played nearly every game this season from the start.
                              klopp better come out with all big guns blazing otherwise its gonna be an embarrassing night for you and your club..!!
                              Porto especially takes joy in kicking asss of the clubs who think they are too big to field their best against them..!!

Comment

Liverpool will be wearing black armbands tonight to honour Roger Hunt, one of their greatest ever players and goal scorers who passed away recently. Just in case anyone wonders why.

Comment

Working...
                                X