This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran, from Taremi, closer to scheduling prep game: here are the details

Internship of the Iranian national team starts this Monday. On Tuesday, the delegation leaves for Doha, Qatar.

Following the cancellations of the preparation games against Canada and Ecuador, the Iranian Federation experienced days of impasse in terms of planning for the next few weeks, but now there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

This Sunday, the Iranian press announced - and O JOGO confirmed - that the possibility is on the table for "Team Melli", which has Mehdi Taremi (FC Porto) and Ali Alipour (Gil Vicente) among the squad, to face the Uruguay in Montevideo, between the 11th and 14th of June, in a private match aimed at preparing for participation in the 2022 World Cup.

On Saturday, remember, Taremi published an ironic "tweet", in which he asked if anyone knew "when the selection stage starts". Now, according to our newspaper, the internship will start this Monday, with a trip to Doha, capital of Qatar, scheduled for Tuesday, where the work of the "Lions of Persia" will continue.

It should also be noted that Iran is still trying to schedule another preparation meeting - Congo and Cameroon are possible opponents -, on Qatari soil, before heading to Montevideo, if it is confirmed, of course, that the game is scheduled with the Uruguay.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...e-45794da182f8

Comment

^O Jogo is always up to date on Taremi and TM related topics. It’s like they have a member on here lol

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
        ^O Jogo is always up to date on Taremi and TM related topics. It’s like they have a member on here lol
        They probably do dude, I think there are a lot of silent members too. Members who just roam around but don't have a login account. This is why I always say sometimes what we say matters. It can impact certain things. Not big deals but situations like "Iranian Messi".. the most God awful comparison that ended up in the mouth and heads of hundreds of analysts/journalists. I remember someone on here made a video and titled it "Iranian Messi Sardar Azmoun". It started here. Bless his/her heart, I'm sure they didn't mean anything by it. But we Iranians love to put labels on famous people and comparing them to other foreigner world famous people. That type of stuff circulates easily. So it would be good if we're mindful of what we spread.

I love Taremi because he said in an interview (paraphrasing), "I don't want to be like anyone or be named after another player's style, I want to be known as Mehdi Taremi." That's the type of mentality that many of us unfortunately lack. I've been guilty of it too. If we change this particular mindset of comparisons we would be miles ahead.

How cool that Mehdi Taremi embraces originality, doesn't care for what media says about him and does his thing. Look at his success. Others have stopped the European journey because of mental weakness and quitter mentality. This is why I applaud Alipour and from the past, Ansarifard. Even though Karim had a horrible season at Osasuna, everyone said he's done but he moved to Greece and accomplished a lot. Granted Greek football not as big as Spain, but he didn't leave Europe (hasn't yet) empty handed. Respect to these type of players!

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
          They probably do dude, I think there are a lot of silent members too. Members who just roam around but don't have a login account. This is why I always say sometimes what we say matters. It can impact certain things. Not big deals but situations like "Iranian Messi".. the most God awful comparison that ended up in the mouth and heads of hundreds of analysts/journalists. I remember someone on here made a video and titled it "Iranian Messi Sardar Azmoun". It started here. Bless his/her heart, I'm sure they didn't mean anything by it. But we Iranians love to put labels on famous people and comparing them to other foreigner world famous people. That type of stuff circulates easily. So it would be good if we're mindful of what we spread.
          I love Taremi because he said in an interview (paraphrasing), "I don't want to be like anyone or be named after another player's style, I want to be known as Mehdi Taremi." That's the type of mentality that many of us unfortunately lack. I've been guilty of it too. If we change this particular mindset of comparisons we would be miles ahead.
          How cool that Mehdi Taremi embraces originality, doesn't care for what media says about him and does his thing. Look at his success. Others have stopped the European journey because of mental weakness and quitter mentality. This is why I applaud Alipour and from the past, Ansarifard. Even though Karim had a horrible season at Osasuna, everyone said he's done but he moved to Greece and accomplished a lot. Granted Greek football not as big as Spain, but he didn't leave Europe (hasn't yet) empty handed. Respect to these type of players!
          Bro at least Azmoun is a true baller. For me Ehsan Fabregas was the funniest. 😁

Comment

Comment

Sérgio Oliveira will return to Porto, per the 🇮🇹Gazetta dello Sport. Roma will not trigger the 13M purchase option.

Comment

Sérgio Oliveira will return to Porto, per the [emoji634]Gazetta dello Sport. Roma will not trigger the 13M purchase option.
                I think he will lose his position from before loan move, but if he doesn't he will likely take the penalty role again....

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                  I think he will lose his position from before loan move, but if he doesn't he will likely take the penalty role again....

Nah, Mehdi has that on lock

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post

He did lose his position before the loan move as well. He barely started any game.

Comment

Olivera will have a hard time becoming fixed XI line up next season if he returns.
                      هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                      نگاه میکنید.
                      sigpic
                      I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Still i like Olivera, he can calm down the game, and i think he is okay with beeing benched, not the youngest and fastest.

Comment

Player of the Month (as chosen by fans)

Comment

Player of the Month (as chosen by fans)

Second or third in a row for Mehdi, I believe.

He needs to win league MVP. When is that announced?
                            "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                              Second or third in a row for Mehdi, I believe.

He needs to win league MVP. When is that announced?
                              It will go to Nunez since he is on the selling block allowing Benfica to up the price for the league MVP. Mehdi is a deserving candidate for sure.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                              Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

https://www.futhead.com/22/players/21711/mehdi-taremi/

Taremi got MOTM Card

Comment

Working...
                                X