This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
    Agreed, this league is getting too small for him.
    Lmao don't go telling that to the FC porto fans on reddit. Some of them are so delusional that they write things such as:

"If we had a spearhead worthy of FC porto's actual caliber, he'd score twice as many goals as Taremi"
    "Half of Taremi's goals are penalties, asides from penalty taking, what exactly does he bring to the team?"
    "Why can't he shoot? I've said it time and time again, this Taremi has clear limitations"
    "Which team do you realistically expect to buy him? I wouldn't pay more than 10 million for him on the market this summer"

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Oz View Post
      Lmao don't go telling that to the FC porto fans on reddit. Some of them are so delusional that they write things such as:

"If we had a spearhead worthy of FC porto's actual caliber, he'd score twice as many goals as Taremi"
      "Half of Taremi's goals are penalties, asides from penalty taking, what exactly does he bring to the team?"
      "Why can't he shoot? I've said it time and time again, this Taremi has clear limitations"
      "Which team do you realistically expect to buy him? I wouldn't pay more than 10 million for him on the market this summer"
      I don’t use Reddit like that, but I understand what you are saying.

When you are playing at this level it’s natural that you come across these criticisms (whether right or wrong). From my experience, Portuguese fans are the nicer ones in comparison to fans of other nationalities. I wouldn’t advertise a player like that to the fans as it would only result in backlash and would rather have the player win the fans over naturally.

Equally, some Porto fans on Reddit do not represent an entire fanbase and to be honest I would prioritize the opinion of the coach over fans.

Comment

Porto won their 9th double this season (league and cup champions).

"This was the best group I worked with."
        -Conceicao on 2021-22 success

Comment

They say stats tell you what a player is worth or how good he is. But tbh stats don't actually show how effective Taremi has been. Stats don't tell you how many times he initiated and attack that resulted in goals notwithstanding he was not involved in the final touches; stats don't tell you how many times he ran back the entire length of the pitch to intercept an attack; stats don't tell you how many times after he was subbed off the other team manged to score or level; stats don't tell you when he is on the pitch the other team assigns at least two players to be close to him. Taremi IS the reason they won double this year. Without Taremi they would have been second best or even third. That's how effective Taremi has been. He is a quiet assassin, no frills. Just a very effective fit and hard working footballer.
          هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
          نگاه میکنید.
          sigpic
          I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Comment

Ive heard marijuana is legal in Portugal and that unemployment rate is 20 percent post 08.

These bozos have No clue whatsoever about football

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
                Porto is definitely better than Arsenal. No question.

Honestly, after the top 3 in the EPL, the entire league is so meh. When a shit team like Man Utd can stay at near the top - every week they are going through new turmoil and their end product on the pitch is piss poor. It really begs the question that the EPL is just a top-heavy league. They are living off their reputation.
                Nahh Tottenham under Conte I think will make a killing

Comment

His goal was a copy past of Uribe's Goal earlier in the season when Mehdi himself delivered the pass just as Otavio did.

Look at Minute 4:37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbQoM9p5SMU

Comment

I hope he stays at Porto, when everything is PERFECT, why should you leave ?
                    And Porto is not a small team, with 2-3 additions they can become a very good team in Champions League even.

He shouöd stay in Porto for his last years and become a legend there, he is a King in Portugal. But everything is possible, since his price isnt so high i guess there will be some teams offering 25-30 million for him !?

Comment

These fans exist everywhere.

I agree on his shoots, he can work on that. For the other things, yes he scores alot of penalties, why not ? And how can someone say what does he bring to the team lol, it seems this person doesnt follow Porto, Taremi is defender, midfielder, striker........he plays a role that ive never seen before, Guardiola would love to have a player like him since he wants his strikers to work back on the field.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzKOPIIn4xg
                        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

O Jogo FCPorto Ratings for Taca match.

Marchesin 5
                          Mario 5
                          Pepe 7
                          Mbemba 6
                          Zaidu 6
                          Pepê 7
                          Grujic 6
                          Virinha 7
                          Otavio 7
                          Evanilson 5
                          Taremi 8
                          Uribe 5
                          Chico 5
                          Toni 5
                          Galeno 6

Comment

Comment

Carvalhal talks about Taremi's penalties: "He's very fast and smart"

Carlos Carvalhal was Taremi's first coach at FC Porto

Carlos Carvalhal, guest of Sport TV's Titulares program, spoke about Taremi, the FC Porto forward who debuted in the I Liga with the Rio Ave shirt, in 2019/20, then coached by Carvalhal.

"I wouldn't say that Taremi had a great evolution. He arrived in Portugal at the age of 28. I don't say this with disdain for the work of Sérgio Conceição, but I remember that Taremi, in his first year in Portugal, was one goal away, I think a goal , to be the top scorer", said the former Braga coach. Taremi scored 21 goals that season.

"Taremi had already been offered to many clubs in Portugal when he came to Rio Ave. He was doing well in Qatar, he was doing well in life and we bet on him knowing he was a player for faster flights. We took advantage of his desire to play in Europe" , he added.

"At Rio Ave he was already very strong at pressing, a player who is very attached to the team. As for the penalties, he had eight or nine at Rio Ave, almost all of them, or even all, were even penalties. He is very fast and intelligent, it delays a little, then accelerates and suffers inevitable touches", he added.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-14882267.html

Comment

Taremi as never seen: forward makes history with Tondela double

Iranian reached 26 goals this season, surpassed the mark registered at Persepolis in 2016/17 and became the first Asian to score in the Portuguese Cup final.

Taremi did not want to end the season without setting a new career high: 26 goals in one season surpassed the 25 recorded in 2016/17, for Persepolis (Iran).

The double achieved, yesterday, at Jamor, was decisive for this outcome, and the striker also became the first Asian to score in the final of the Portuguese Cup and joined a shortlist of dragons who scored twice in decisive match: Hernâni (1956), António Sousa (1984), James Rodríguez (hat-trick in 2011), André Silva (2016) and Mbemba (2020).

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...nteudo_fechado

Comment

Working...
                                X