Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Again, that's the issue with the rule. The referee or the VAR are not at fault here for implementing what the rule says.

For eg. in case of the ball hitting the defender, the referee has to decide if the hand made his body unnaturally bigger or if he was in close proximity before awarding a penalty.
    Whereas for attackers, there is no such liberty given to the referee. If it touches the hand, the goal won't count, even if accidental.

Comment

yeah the strange thing is that they didnt call or atleast VAR check a penalty for the goalie tripping Mehdi causing him to fall with his hand on the ball..
      i can accept the ruling of handball eaven if its a shitty rule as mentioned and should be modified. but still should have been a penalty and a yellow for the goalie if not a goal.
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by mahzi View Post
        ^Again, that's the issue with the rule. The referee or the VAR are not at fault here for implementing what the rule says.
        For eg. in case of the ball hitting the defender, the referee has to decide if the hand made his body unnaturally bigger or if he was in close proximity before awarding a penalty.
        Whereas for attackers, there is no such liberty given to the referee. If it touches the hand, the goal won't count, even if accidental.
        I get it. My point is The rule needs to be updated for the 21st century. With all these protocols for player safety (concussion checks, water breaks, covid bubbles, etc), this one Would be a logical rule modification to allow for player protection against serious injury (just like a defender placing his hands over his balls when standing in front of a free kick is a logical exception to the hand ball rule if the ball were to make contact).

Comment

The goal should have been allowed, even if it touched his fingers, was very very little and completely accidentally.. But it was no way a P. K.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Worst ever refree I have seen for a very long time. Not only for Taremi situation but overall.

Comment

typical Taremi..!! co-leader in distance covered ..!
              even his goal was mostly result of his never die attitude and immense work-rate he often puts out on the pitch..!!
              he was looking for a weak or miss-placed back-pass all game long and even that late in the game he Absolutely Anticipated that BackPass going awry and quickly pounced on the opportunity to put the ball in the back of net, only to be fked and denied at a very least a legit PK by the scandalous ref and VAR officiating crew..!!

PS
              sorta makes you wonder what if Sardar possessed even half of his fitness and clever and tireless off the ball movements and work-rate..?

Comment

That Sofascore rating isn't good - the algorithm isn't great sometimes.

It doesn't measure one of Taremi's core attributes, his off the ball play and his awkwardness.

Let alone how much he works

Taremi - 13.4 km
                Carrasco - 13.4 km
                Kondogbia - 13.3 km
                Otavio - 13.3 km
                Kimmich - 12.5 km
                Dahoud - 12.4 km
                Gimenez - 12.3 km
                Llorente - 12.3 km
                Thill - 12.2 km
                Corona - 12.1 km
                Miralem_Pjanic- 12 km
                Reus - 12 km

Comment

Ojogo, biggest Portuguese paper, gave taremi a 7/10. That made him tied for best rated porto player with Otavio, diogo costa, pepe.

Comment

They will be without Mmbema and possibly Pepe vs Malmo. They also loaned the young Diego Leite to Braga. Hope Pepe recovers. Their depth in CD is quiet thin.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                      They will be without Mmbema and possibly Pepe vs Malmo. They also loaned the young Diego Leite to Braga. Hope Pepe recovers. Their depth in CD is quiet thin.
                      Unfortunately their next game is against Liverpool, not Malmo (zenit's next game is Malmo I believe?)

Missing Mbemba is a huge loss, especially because he is quite physical and has good EPL experience

I'm sure Pepe will be recovered by then though

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                        Unfortunately their next game is against Liverpool, not Malmo (zenit's next game is Malmo I believe?)
                        Missing Mbemba is a huge loss, especially because he is quite physical and has good EPL experience
                        I'm sure Pepe will be recovered by then though
                        You are right, i mixed the groups lol

They will most likely play Marcano there, who can play as CD and LB, but that will be hell of challenge with two old guys as CD(Pepe is still good though).

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                          You are right, i mixed the groups lol

They will most likely play Marcano there, who can play as CD and LB, but that will be hell of challenge with two old guys as CD(Pepe is still good though).
                          In my opinion, Marcano has been good at LB this season and he did a very decent job at CD too yesterday. But I agree, that would probably be the oldest CD pairing in Champions league history.

Comment

Mbemba would be a big miss..!! that was some BS red card ...!! porto needs to challenge that and possibly reduce it to Yellow..? especially after the refs fked em outa of the Taremi's winner too..!!
                            Pepe still is one of the Elite CBs in the world and will most likely start..!! the only thing lacking for him at his old age is Pace ... that's where Mbemba was key and covered his asss often on counters when he'd push up too far up the pitch ..!
                            Porto ​gonna need pace at WB positions to counter his absence vs LP...! I think Manefa would be the safest choice for LWB and they may yet have to gamble again with Tecatito/jaomario on RWB position..!!

Comment

Mbemba is one of my favourite player, he's a beast and will definitely be missed against Liverpool

Comment

They will figure it out without Mbemba also. This team really have a good team spirit and play with heart and soul. Remember when they kicked juventus ass last year. It was one of the few games a saw when it was no crowds in the stadium and even then they give there all and fought like it was win or die! Kudos to Porto ❤️

Comment

Working...
                                X