Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For me Europa League is great exposure and is important.

But SC is just doing what he and a sizeable proportion of fans want which is putting everything in the league.

So many fans saying "O importante é domingo" etc... on twitter

So his game plan is just based on the expectation on him, half of us here just happen to disagree with this expectation.

Comment

Taremi was the only one who did anything in the last 15 minutes with one close chance for a cross and winning a foul. Porto's midfield was tired and were second to every loose ball

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        2nd to Benfica is unacceptable to their fan base.
        Benfica is third and well behind I think

Comment

Porto riid.

Comment

SC rid
            Waited way too long to sub in key players & doing so way too haphazardly by making too many pkayers at once

They were just doing circles around themselves for the last 15-20 of match ..!:/

Comment

In other game, west ham are in for a big upset, knocking out europa league stars sevila any minute now,

if sevila won this year, chances was big they rename the tournament to sevila cup!
              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

also, a big "I missed that one!"

we actualy have ARJ still in the europe (conference league)
                he played tonight for 10 minutes and they won.

I had missed that complately having popped the popcorn as usual getting ready for azmoun and taremi show..

well, guess its conference league then, but doesnt feel that hyped over watching that cup at all if they dont get a interesting draw.. like vs leicester, (i know one lad being exhited here then eeh hmm ) or roma, marseille or eindhoven..
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

It is all SC's fault. You bench your star player in a game you need goals?? Porto will never get anywhere with him.
                  __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                  We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                    It is all SC's fault. You bench your star player in a game you need goals?? Porto will never get anywhere with him.
                    Not only that. He practically benched his starting lineup. Can't expect to win that way but it's clear he didn't care about this competition.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                    Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

I normally use to support head coaches decisions but this loss was only and only on SC. You can not win a (Must win game away) with your best offensive players (Vitinia, Evanilsson and Taremi) on bench and bringing them in when you have only 15 minutes left of the game and expecting them to make magic. What the hell was he thinking?

On the side note, for next season he really needs to work on alternative solutions on right and left (Zaidu and Joao Mario). They are so below average and sinking this team both defensively and offensively. Bruno Costa is an average replacement but still not good enough if Porto wants to compete on European level.
                      Last edited by Essi; 03-18-2022, 03:11 AM.

Comment

How much money does a team make in Europa League vs Champions League?
                        If the team wants to make $$$ and become bigger than what it is with bigger starts, wouldn't you bet the way he and the management has decided to pursue????

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                          How much money does a team make in Europa League vs Champions League?
                          If the team wants to make $$$ and become bigger than what it is with bigger starts, wouldn't you bet the way he and the management has decided to pursue????

Champions League has way more money.
                          For example qualifying for the group stage in CL is worth €15 million, where as in Europa League its €3.63 million.

This doesn't even factor TV money into account.

https://en.as.com/en/2021/05/25/socc...64_001367.html

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            Champions League has way more money.
                            For example qualifying for the group stage in CL is worth €15 million, where as in Europa League its €3.63 million.

This doesn't even factor TV money into account.

https://en.as.com/en/2021/05/25/socc...64_001367.html
                            Thanks, knew they get more but wasn't sure how much. So it does make sense, with so few games left, they need to focus besides did they really have a chance?? Against Lyon, yes I think they did but not sure they could win the title

Comment

Hopefully they will smash boavista badly, I never like this club anyways

Comment

Any confirmation that Taremi will be at the Boavista match? I presume he will, and will fly out after that for the Korea match.

Comment

Working...
                                X