X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The View Post
    Took the words out of my mouth.
    Of course in general it's nicer to have players make move to Europe to grow more, but who knows? What if he got a really fucked up injury after making a move to Europe, or ended up in a bad situation with his manager/contract where was benched during his prime?
    Ezza fucked up his euro career, he has a nice qatari contract now

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
      Took the words out of my mouth.
      Of course in general it's nicer to have players make move to Europe to grow more, but who knows? What if he got a really fucked up injury after making a move to Europe, or ended up in a bad situation with his manager/contract where was benched during his prime?
      exactly. And in Taremi's case, there is actually a decent amount of evidence that this guy needed that time fucking around in iran, qatar, WC failure to find the inner motivation to do what he is doing now.

Earlier he was a bit of a balloon honestly and always involved in weird side hashieh unrelated to football.

It was this feeling of unfulfilled potential that has made him play at such a high level since coming to europe. Besides that drought for 6-8 week period earlier this season, he has basically been scoring or assisting every week in portgual, and his general play is of a guy who is making up for lost time.

He is like a man possessed. The past is in the past and now he is doing phenomenally.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Ezza fucked up his euro career, he has a nice qatari contract now
        Taremi is living proof he can still make complete turnaround. IT is up to him. Like with taremi, natural talent is not lacking or in question

Comment

His Dad has all rights to be upset at system etc, he should have been in this stage of career at 25-26(not saying 21-22 and being realistic), but you can not only blame the system. He made his debut with Persepolis at 21, so he at least lost 4 good years after shinning with Persepolis.
          At 23-24 he should have moved to Portugal.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            Taremi is living proof he can still make complete turnaround. IT is up to him. Like with taremi, natural talent is not lacking or in question
            Yeah its up to him. And he literally just decided to leave Europe where he was starting every week for the first time in his career to go do kewn goshadi in Qatar seven months before World Cup. Its just sad we don’t have 2 or 3 JB/Gholi level players in his position so that we don’t have to rely on such a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              His Dad has all rights to be upset at system etc, he should have been in this stage of career at 25-26(not saying 21-22 and being realistic), but you can not only blame the system. He made his debut with Persepolis at 21, so he at least lost 4 good years after shinning with Persepolis.
              At 23-24 he should have moved to Portugal.

There was a point in his career where he was really messing up badly. Hanging out ms ghoreishi, signing that Turkish contract…

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                There was a point in his career where he was really messing up badly. Hanging out ms ghoreishi, signing that Turkish contract…
                Yup, that is why i say can't only blame system. At 21 he was playing as starter in Persepolis.
                He made a name for himself in our football at 22 and was TM player in that age.
                He just fcuked it up himself and lost at least 4 good years.

Comment

I think a lot of this is also a testament to what good guidance, advice, and role models can bring to a man.
                  Taremi didn't make his move to Rio Ave until after working with Quieroz. Having that sort of a coach who not only encouraged him to push his footballing level but also helped secure him a contract with a club that had a talented coach (Carlos Carvahal). Even then he hit the ground running and scored basically a hat trick in his debut game, making him an instant 100% starter for the club.

Life is always a combination of the resources around you, the people around you, and a bit of luck. There are plenty of talented guys in Iran who aren't lucky enough to have the right people guiding them in the right direction both from a private/social sense and from a professional sense. Thats why it is so important for people like Taremi to go back once he retires and try to guide some of the younger guys int he right direction. I'm sure he's been talking to the like of Alipour, Mohebi--its not by accident that these guys ended up in Portugal as well

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                    Yup, that is why i say can't only blame system. At 21 he was playing as starter in Persepolis.
                    He made a name for himself in our football at 22 and was TM player in that age.
                    He just fcuked it up himself and lost at least 4 good years.

That's only partially true Iran-19 jaan. His biggest mistake was the Rizespor fiasco along with Ramin Rezaiaan that ended with his and Perspolis six month (transfer) ban. Other than that he was finding his way through Bushehr clubs and 2 years of military service which he did in a paadegan and not at Tractor or Malavan. The main thing was that he showed character in following CQ's coaching and advice, taking a major pay cut to move from Qatar to Rio Ave and then leaving everything he had on the pitch day-in day-out for the past three years. Many of our talented players around his age have not done that and have opted for the pay check. His was a calculated risk that paid off. Hopefully, he will be an example that many will follow.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by TM4LIFE View Post
                      ) Even then he hit the ground running and scored basically a hat trick in his debut game, making him an instant 100% starter for the club.
                      Was that the game he won 3 penalties ?

Comment

Originally posted by Under Lahaf View Post
                        Was that the game he won 3 penalties ?

No, in his debut game in the league he won a penalty coming off the bench which his teammate missed. The match you are referring to was away to Sporting when he was playing for Rio Ave.

Comment

The hat trick he scored early on (was it 3 goals and an assist or 4 goals instead?) was against Aves the team that Mehrdad Mohammadi was playing for.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                            The hat trick he scored early on (was it 3 goals and an assist or 4 goals instead?) was against Aves the team that Mehrdad Mohammadi was playing for.
                            Yes, I remember that. Zidane's son scored a conciliation goal for Aves. It's amazing how Mehdi and Mehrdad went in two different directions that exemplifies Mehdi's sacrifice and calculated risk taking. Mehdi is now a star at Porto with European fame and credibility and Mehrdad is at QSL.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Mehrdad was unlucky - he scored some lovely goals that season but also didn’t get paid by his club. Guessing he wasn’t in the greatest financial situation and a good money offer came in so can understand why he took it. I put the blame fully on Aves.

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
                                That's only partially true Iran-19 jaan. His biggest mistake was the Rizespor fiasco along with Ramin Rezaiaan that ended with his and Perspolis six month (transfer) ban. Other than that he was finding his way through Bushehr clubs and 2 years of military service which he did in a paadegan and not at Tractor or Malavan. The main thing was that he showed character in following CQ's coaching and advice, taking a major pay cut to move from Qatar to Rio Ave and then leaving everything he had on the pitch day-in day-out for the past three years. Many of our talented players around his age have not done that and have opted for the pay check. His was a calculated risk that paid off. Hopefully, he will be an example that many will follow.

Go Mehdi!
                                To be fair the Rizespor fiasco also happened while CQ was coach. It was 4 or 5 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Working...
                                X