X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Maybe you should ditch iPhone, the most anti iranian brand
    Can we not, please. People don't hate Iranians, unfortunately, we are just associated with a terrible government. Just like some here associate others with their government.
    "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
      Maybe you should ditch iPhone, the most anti iranian brand

Soleimani daughter has iPhone

Comment

Funny how a technical discussion about problems with content availability on iPhone becomes political so quickly on this forum. By the way, I don't think the dehumanization of Iranians in the U.S. and the west is only because of IR. Even with the Shah who was actually reinstalled by a CIA coup in 1953 after he fled when the first CIA coup was discovered by Mossadegh government and was pro U.S., the notion of Orientalism and portraying Iranians as liers and scoundrels was dominant and widely used in the west (the British were the main architect of Orientalism yet U.S. government and main stream media have strengthened it).

Anyways, I live in the U.S. and over 95% of my family and friends here and in Europe, use iPhone so it is more convenient. In addition to the fact that we are an Apple family from desktop to laptop to iPad and iPhones. I am not an Apple fan though. Now back to football.

I think Mehdi will get another start vs Lyon on Thursday. I think he will score in Lyon playing with less stress with a "nothing to loose" attitude going all the way out. I also think Porto will win and go to EL QFs. What do you guys think?

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
          I don't think the dehumanization of Iranians in the U.S. and the west is only because of IR.
          Bingo.

I think Mehdi will start as well. But if he doesn't, no biggie. It's clearly for rest purposes. Lyon are a good team.
          "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by Futbaldoost View Post
            I have the same problem on my iPhone Bachelot jaan. I don't see video or twitter links even thought it works on the laptop or desktop. This is a new problem. It could be that the PFDC application on mobile is not tested regularly and after operating system updates certain functionalities stop working. I even tried different browsers on my iPhone and none of them worked. PFDC application used for the forum is quite old and I don't know how quickly the server is updated or if there are newer updates for mobile use. I can understand the headache of updating it or even going to a whole new one with so many active users and people working on a voluntary basis.

Go Mehdi!
            yea, im all in apple ecosystem too.....! this disappearing posts acts been happening to me sporadically on both iphone and mac ....! a while back i couldnt open any iranian based website on my mac or iphone no matter what..!? my go to browser is chrome on mac and the native safari on iphone.... i even would try to google and go to those sites directly via google links and even downloaded firefox and still would not open any iranian website whatsoever..? this was around the time of last WCQ round.... but now it seems to be working fine..!! so i dont know what was that all about..?
            figured it to have something to do with Apple's stringent privacy settings ..? and possibly some recent updates in their overall Privacy policies which made it difficult for their main competitors in tech space (google, meta etc..) to run advertising or to generally make it difficult for the competition to make money from their platform and apple users, in one way or another..? or maybe had something to do with my hardware set ups..? doubtful ? cause same set up is working fine now..!

Comment

Comment

Taremi's father regrets that forward did not arrive earlier in Europe

Taremi, 29, arrived in European football, through the doors of Rio Ave, in 2019. A year later, he transferred to FC Porto.

Alireza Taremi, father of FC Porto forward Mehdi Taremi, spoke to the Iranian press about his son and regretted that he did not arrive in Europe sooner - he signed for Rio Ave at the age of 27, before moving to Dragão.

"We have a memory that hurts us a lot. Around 2002, Mehdi went to test the under-11s of the national team, but the coach treated us very badly. We will never forget it. His attitude was very bad and said that Mehdi couldn't train. Then he let him train there, but only for ten minutes", said Alireza, regretting not having introduced Taremi to the world of football sooner.

"I didn't force people who were incompetent at the time to give it a chance," he told Mehr News.

The Porto player's father also commented on the Iranian's way of taking penalties, saying that since he was a child he has been good at taking penalties.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-14678793.html

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                  Taremi's father regrets that forward did not arrive earlier in Europe

Taremi, 29, arrived in European football, through the doors of Rio Ave, in 2019. A year later, he transferred to FC Porto.

Alireza Taremi, father of FC Porto forward Mehdi Taremi, spoke to the Iranian press about his son and regretted that he did not arrive in Europe sooner - he signed for Rio Ave at the age of 27, before moving to Dragão.

"We have a memory that hurts us a lot. Around 2002, Mehdi went to test the under-11s of the national team, but the coach treated us very badly. We will never forget it. His attitude was very bad and said that Mehdi couldn't train. Then he let him train there, but only for ten minutes", said Alireza, regretting not having introduced Taremi to the world of football sooner.

"I didn't force people who were incompetent at the time to give it a chance," he told Mehr News.

The Porto player's father also commented on the Iranian's way of taking penalties, saying that since he was a child he has been good at taking penalties.

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-14678793.html
                  He should say it loud to every dumb but talented players that extend their stay in IPL or middle east

Comment

Beautiful sequence

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                      https://video.varzesh3.com/video/248...AC%DB%8C%D8%A8
                      Taremis dad on live td today crying because he feels mehdi did not reach his potential sooner!
                      Beautiful….you can sense the guy is a good man, I’m sure he is a great father to Mehdi.

Do we know why he is sad about the not going to Europe earlier thing though? Did he advise Mehdi not to go to Europe or something? Or is this just some version of irani taarof?
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

his dad is in great shape. Can tell the guy was a footballer.

OFC it is not some version of taarof. The guy knows that if taremi was 5 years younger he would have had a chance to play for the likes of real, liverpool, etc like his Porto teammates. He feels partially responsible that he couldnt get him in such a situation earlier.

Still, it might happen and that is what mehdi is fighting so valiantly for.

Comment

I am firm believer that sometimes things in life happen for a reason. Maybe if Mehdi comes to Europe 5 years earlier he ends up not making it in European leagues and his career takes a different trajectory. We will never know but what we do know is that he is making us all proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                            I am firm believer that sometimes things in life happen for a reason. Maybe if Mehdi comes to Europe 5 years earlier he ends up not making it in European leagues and his career takes a different trajectory. We will never know but what we do know is that he is making us all proud.
                            Let's not forget that it was CQ who suggested he come to Rio and Portugal. If he had come to Europe earlier (through another agent/coach/etc), he may have ended up in a country/league/team where he would eat bench and never actually develop into the player that he is today.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                              Took the words out of my mouth.
                              Of course in general it's nicer to have players make move to Europe to grow more, but who knows? What if he got a really fucked up injury after making a move to Europe, or ended up in a bad situation with his manager/contract where was benched during his prime?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                                Beautiful….you can sense the guy is a good man, I’m sure he is a great father to Mehdi.

Do we know why he is sad about the not going to Europe earlier thing though? Did he advise Mehdi not to go to Europe or something? Or is this just some version of irani taarof?
                                To be clear poor guy didnt really say any such thing & As usual with our local media, too dahan yaroo harf gozaashtan ..! Lol 😂
                                I think that they showing him that pic of mehdi kissing his hand upon return from some football tournaments/game?, brought him back fond, tear-jerking memories & dumbfounded from his sadness & tears host translated it as tears of regret that he didnt go to Europe earlier..! While imo it was just emotions sparked from seeing that pic & tears of joy & pride in his sonny boy ..! 😊

Comment

Working...
                                X