Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After consecutively bearing MOTM or near the top, this is one of Taremi's first poor performances in a while (second lowest starter on both sofascore and whoscored)

Comment

Pepe underwent minor surgery for a blunt wound to the front of his head. This dude has been so beat up through the years. I feel like he has at least 2-3 games per season where his head/face need to be bandaged during the match. What a champ.

Comment

Mehdi was ready to bury that PK...and Lyon knew it. They were hounding him before the VAR review. Lyon’s #9 look tho! Lol

Comment

Pepe (39), Dani Alves (38), Ronaldo (37), Luka Modric (36), Benzema (34), Robert Lewandowski (33) , Thomas Muller (32), etc..... And we have people here who are already looking for alternatives for azmoun and sardar because they will be OLD after world cup 22 lol

People think mehdi at the age of 29 is old to make it big. Its all about the mentality and dedication now days. The science has improved a lot that Sardar and mehdi can play top class football for team melli for at least another 6-7 years.

Comment

They certainly could have used Luis Diaz yesterday. They also had a horrible mismatch against the left winger who fielded all of the cleared balls and ran by the defender with the same stop and go move over and over. Taremi looked slow but was closely marked. He had his chance to score and shot wide of the goal. I do not know if he was the worst player on the field, but he was certainly the biggest disappointment. The dive he took for the penalty call really did deserve a card. I can understand now why the Lyon coach wanted Sardar so badly.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
              Pepe (39), Dani Alves (38), Ronaldo (37), Luka Modric (36), Benzema (34), Robert Lewandowski (33) , Thomas Muller (32), etc..... And we have people here who are already looking for alternatives for azmoun and sardar because they will be OLD after world cup 22 lol
              People think mehdi at the age of 29 is old to make it big. Its all about the mentality and dedication now days. The science has improved a lot that Sardar and mehdi can play top class football for team melli for at least another 6-7 years.
              Under normal circumstances, i actually think Sardar will be at his absoloute peak in time for for 2026 WC, being 31 and by then hopefully playing for a big big team.

Taremis prime will probably be this years WC and next years Asian Cup, however he will still be good enough to play the 2026 WC.

We are damn lucky to have them. Just 10 - 12 years ago our Center forwards were Ghazi, Khalili, Gholami, ...
              Thinking about it now, its even funny.

Things only got better after that when Carlos and Gucci arrived.

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                Very good point milad_b jaan. It really depends on the commitment of the professional to their conditioning and avoiding (or being lucky with) major injuries. In today's world, it is possible for sports professionals to continue competing at a high level well into their thirties. Unfortunately, many of the teams still have the old model that look for very young talent, that to a great extent still makes sense, and miss on other talent that could bring so much (e.g. Mehdi and to a certain extent Sardar). Porto acted intelligently and it paid off big time. If Mehdi was not there, they could not have not sold Diaz (and others) with such hefty returns.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Originally posted by Ahmad_DC View Post
                  They certainly could have used Luis Diaz yesterday. They also had a horrible mismatch against the left winger who fielded all of the cleared balls and ran by the defender with the same stop and go move over and over. Taremi looked slow but was closely marked. He had his chance to score and shot wide of the goal. I do not know if he was the worst player on the field, but he was certainly the biggest disappointment. The dive he took for the penalty call really did deserve a card. I can understand now why the Lyon coach wanted Sardar so badly.
                  Defensively speaking Porto's Left wingback spot is soorakh AF...and they are always susceptible for an open run on their goal on that side or someone sneaking in to have and easy shot on their goal on that side..! same shitt when it comes to providing an attacking support for mehdi from the LWB spot... its a big black hole whether Wendell or that goozoo zaidu lining up there..!
                  like you said with LD gone even more attacking responsibilities than before has fallen on Taremi's shoulder to not only be sole attacking spark from LW but also creep into CF position to provide CF Target and combine with Evanlison for goals.... not to mention, going all the way back to his own box frequently to help out the team defensively too..!!
                  and doing so every 2-3 days in a row for weeks now..!!
                  its only natural that the natural ensuing exhaustion and the pressure to score/assist was bound to take its toll finally..!!

Comment

"Good morning, Dragons 🐉🐉 The joy of knowing that you will return to Dragon on Sunday"

Comment

There is an insane rumor going around Iranian instagram that Taremi is being looked at by Man United!

United does have lots of connections to Portuguese clubs, but I don't think it's flashy enough for them. Plus Taremi doesn't have the usual gardan koloft super agents that United deals with.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        There is an insane rumor going around Iranian instagram that Taremi is being looked at by Man United!

United does have lots of connections to Portuguese clubs, but I don't think it's flashy enough for them. Plus Taremi doesn't have the usual gardan koloft super agents that United deals with.
                        Which is why they might target him thinking he can be a bargain. I saw this rumor on a Twitter account and can't find it for the life of me right now. However it was about an EPL team and not ManU specifically.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Taremi only one of 5 players in European top leagues to be in double figures for goals and assists. The others are Salah, Benzema, Mbappe and Berardi.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FCPortoEn...0442056577031O

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Thank you Taremi!

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
                                Under normal circumstances, i actually think Sardar will be at his absoloute peak in time for for 2026 WC, being 31 and by then hopefully playing for a big big team.
                                Taremis prime will probably be this years WC and next years Asian Cup, however he will still be good enough to play the 2026 WC.
                                We are damn lucky to have them. Just 10 - 12 years ago our Center forwards were Ghazi, Khalili, Gholami, ...
                                Thinking about it now, its even funny.
                                Things only got better after that when Carlos and Gucci arrived.
                                Dont forget Daghighi, meydavoodi and wingers like yaghoub karimi, dehnavi, hassanzadeh, nazari. Altough we also had some decent players up front like khalatbari, ansarifard, gucci (a bit later).

Comment

Working...
                                X