This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
    Also nice to see that he took the penalty that someone else earned.

Is that the first time? I think it may be.
    It doesnt matter since he's the first Penalty taker in the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
      I genuinely rate him as one of the best in the world and genuinely believe he could be in the XI of ANY team in ANY league. Chesh nakhore ishalla 🧿
      Indeed...
      he is one of the Most Well Rounded Footballer in the World .... certainly the best ever come outa iran ever..!!
      He is so damn effective , capable and a Force to be reckoned with playing Anywhere on the pitch ..!!
      well, i gotta see him in between the sticks a game or two to confirm statement above ...but you get the point

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
        Does anyone know what Marchesin did to SC to be relegated just for cup ties?

He always seems so much more confident and his judgment better than the other kid.

Feel sorry for him, he's a great keeper.
        I remember that he was injured and replaced by Costa. When the young Costa did well, he kept the first team spot. He's promising, own product so SC decided to continue with him.

Comment

Also nice to see that he took the penalty that someone else earned.
          Is that the first time? I think it may be.

Have you seen Porto this season? He's been the penalty taker since Sergio left

BTW I always wonder what would have happened if Taremi ended up at Rizespor instead of his ban and returning to Iran....

Maybe things would have been very different, who knows.

Comment

I've never been more wrong about a player than Mehdi. I used to be a big skeptic of Mehdi during his time in PP, but God damn has he turned out to be one of if not the best Player Iran has ever produced (only Mahdavikia come close).

His finishing and pace might leave more to be desired of what we would expect from a "world-class" striker but he is so good at everything else that it doesn't matter. Intelligence, ball handling, vision, positioning, agility,etc... Are all at a level that I have never seen from an Asian, let alone an Iranian. If Donkeys like Lukaku, and Kane can start in top Prem teams, Mehdi can too.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              Indeed...
              he is one of the Most Well Rounded Footballer in the World .... certainly the best ever come outa iran ever..!!
              He is so damn effective , capable and a Force to be reckoned with playing Anywhere on the pitch ..!!
              well, i gotta see him in between the sticks a game or two to confirm statement above ...but you get the point
              On top of that his fitness is top notch and he virtually never gets injured.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                I've never been more wrong about a player than Mehdi. I used to be a big skeptic of Mehdi during his time in PP, but God damn has he turned out to be one of if not the best Player Iran has ever produced (only Mahdavikia come close).

His finishing and pace might leave more to be desired of what we would expect from a "world-class" striker but he is so good at everything else that it doesn't matter. Intelligence, ball handling, vision, positioning, agility,etc... Are all at a level that I have never seen from an Asian, let alone an Iranian. If Donkeys like Lukaku, and Kane can start in top Prem teams, Mehdi can too.
                I can sympathize with this comment a lot, you read my mind. I think he brings a LOT to the table no matter the opposition. His passes always have excellent weight and his ball control is high high level, not to mention vision/positioning/movement off the ball and just pure hustle.

Comment

That assist is why I call him Gaucho.

Taremi has now scored 18 consecutive penalties. He probably holds the current longest penalty scoring streak in football.

World class.
                  #BanNoorafkan

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                    Have you seen Porto this season? He's been the penalty taker since Sergio left
                    BTW I always wonder what would have happened if Taremi ended up at Rizespor instead of his ban and returning to Iran....
                    Maybe things would have been very different, who knows.
                    Of course, I watch as much as I can. But I missed that he has been declared the first in line to take penalties.

Since he wins all the penalties I just assumed they finally let him take his own earned penalties.

Which other penalties did he take that someone else earned since he's been #1? If there was, I must have missed that game. I don't remember any.

Comment

On top of that his fitness is top notch and he virtually never gets injured.
                      thats obviously because he obviously does the necessary weight training required to withstand such a rough, heavy mileage he is putting in game in game out in league and int. action..!!

khob hala cheshmesh nakonim yaroo ro..!!
                      you dont have salty eyes , i hope..? 🤞 lol

Comment

The best part of today for me was after his assist. During the goal celebration, it was the first time I saw Mehdi actually smile during or right after a game. He is usually so exhausted that he can't bring himself to a smile but today post the assist and at the end of the game, he was wearing a nice big smile. I think he is generally very hard on himself but today he was happy with his performance.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

My mistake was underestimating Vaheed Amiri before 2018 World Cup.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            thats obviously because he obviously does the necessary weight training required to withstand such a rough, heavy mileage he is putting in game in game out in league and int. action..!!

khob hala cheshmesh nakonim yaroo ro..!!
                            you dont have salty eyes , i hope..? 🤞 lol
                            I'm sure he trains well. But I also think once again, his vision has something to do with it. He doesn't unnecessarily get into stupid collisions that could get himself or someone else injured.

And even when he gets into very tight spots his micro timing is freaking good that he still manages to lift that ankle, make a gimbo move that his limbs seem to be able to, or whatever else he does to not do any bones crashing stuff.

Comment

This age thing is also so overhyped by some people on here.

Taremi is 29, he is in his prime from physical, technical, and mental POV. Keep in mind he was playing in some of the least physically demanding leagues until just a couple years ago. He was literally on an 18 month vacation in Qatar and even in iran he was so above the level of the league it was more fun for him than arduous. End result is he didn’t build up that many miles in his legs at all...now if he had played the amount he played last season and this season for 8-10 seasons in a row people who bring up his age may have a point.

Dzeko is still starter for best team in Italy at age 38, the guy can hardly walk but is still considered effective at a high level. Same situation for ibra, similar for giroud, suarez is not far off at 35.

Taremi still has 5 good years in him if he stays injury free imo

Comment

I'm sure he trains well. But I also think once again, his vision has something to do with it. He doesn't unnecessarily get into stupid collisions that could get himself or someone else injured.

And even when he gets into very tight spots his micro timing is freaking good that he still manages to lift that ankle, make a gimbo move that his limbs seem to be able to, or whatever else he does to not do any bones crashing stuff.
                                true, he is very clever in his playing approach .... always aware of where he is on the pitch and what he should be doing there.... his keen sense of positioning is truly remarkable and can anticipate contacts well ahead of them happening and you could see brace himself and make the necessary adjustments to reduce the severity of the blow and/or even make a meal of a contact in order to get the whistle and his marker cautioned and kept under wraps..!
                                its especially evident in the often heated liga nos derbies .... cause you can easily notice how the opposition players try to hack him on every challenge, especially if ref is outa of the scene and likely not to notice it..!! like today's in today's game, especially in 1st half..!

Comment

Working...
                                X