This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
    Portuguese media reporting that Porto requested Taremi be released by TM after scoring the qualifying goal yesterday. Their request was denied by Skocic.
    Porto goh khord.

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
      what is LP planning to do with Diaz..? they already have top LWingers in Mane backed up with Minamino ..!! Salah killing it at RW cutting in..!
      i always figured what they needed more was more of a hard working and great finisher Center Forward to best complete their attack..!?

with LD's departure Mehdi will once again becomes Porto's focal attacking point and the main service target in and around the box... as such he should benefit tremendously from his absence ..!

Porto have good bit of depth in attacking Rwingers but now are severely lacking enough quality down LW ... they probably should spend half the money or less and bring in a better LWB/ LWinger to replace diaz... otherwise they risk losing the lead in the domestic table in the remainder of season..!
      This Wendel dude looks an utter garbage and goozoo zaidu same... young pepe still too young and raw, so is chico..! Viera is class on the ball but not sure he has the speed to be a winger/attacker... jao mario is far more of RW than left..?never seen him in LW yet to know better..! Evanilson could be a solution there..? but is he technical or fast enough for the role? he certainly has a commendable workrate..!!
      that'll leave ONLY MEHDI as Qualified Immediate solution to replacing LD in LW attacking role i suppose thus making room for more minutes off the bench for Tony Martinez to deputize the CF position backing up evanilson...? wonder if Gruic could transition to winger..?
      Liverpool are very smartly putting into place a plan of succession for their deadly front 3, before those guys start to decline.

In this way, they can be rotated, new guys learn the ropes of the system and contribute in a big way, but the original guys get rest to increase chances of maintaining their high level for more years.

Already they did this in CF position. they found Jota from Wolves who fits Firmino's false 9 role brilliantly, and is even better than firmino in quite a few aspects.

Now it is time to find Mane successor on LW, and that will be Luis, who will take his game to new levels under klopp.

For Porto they are now banking on Mehdi, who thankfully is back in great form. He will return to that normal role he had close to the goal. I think most likely they will revert to 4-4-2. Now that evanilson is ready to shoulder more of the load, him and taremi will form the best front 2 of the league.

In the RM slot they will continue with ever important otavio, and one of Fabio Vieira, Pepe, Chico will take the left side.

Important for Porto is they have become less reliant on luis bc they finally found some creative midfield play through vitinha, fabio.

I think they will go with this to close the season:

----------------Costa--------------

J.Mario----Mbemba--Pepe/Cardoso---Zaidu

Otavio------Uribe-----Vitinha------Fabio Vieira

------------Taremi-----Evanilson--------

With little Pepe as first option on the left side instead of Fabio to provide more width.

Its a gamble and frankly I think they could have got more than 40+20 (I assume the bonuses are fairly reasonable ones to convince porto who before seemed intent on 50 million minimum guaranteed). Will go down as one of the biggest blunders if they fail to win the league from here.

Comment

Liverpool are just planning for the future as their big boys turn 30 the coming year.

BTW i'm conflicted about these Taremi-Aubameyang loan-swap rumours.... It would be great if it worked but risky in a world cup year given the record of TM players in England

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
          Porto goh khord.
          Honestly, why this is a bad thing? This is a win-win for us to give other guys more chance of playing while building better relation with Porto and help Mehdi in the race for top scoring/Assisting titles/

Comment

Originally posted by topotour View Post
            Honestly, why this is a bad thing? This is a win-win for us to give other guys more chance of playing while building better relation with Porto and help Mehdi in the race for top scoring/Assisting titles/
            Because there is still work to be done in qualifying!

There should be a fine line between international football and club football, but that's just my opinion. What's the point of even having international football if national teams just allowed the players they called up to leave whenever? If Porto have an issue with the interference of international football scheduling, they should contact FIFA about it.

TM > Porto for me.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
              Liverpool are just planning for the future as their big boys turn 30 the coming year.

BTW i'm conflicted about these Taremi-Aubameyang loan-swap rumours.... It would be great if it worked but risky in a world cup year given the record of TM players in England
              no way Porto let Mehdi leave, especially now that they got big $$ offloading LD..!
              another big reason why they will likely keep Mehdi til at a very least next summer is because he is probably on a relatively meager salary? especially considering his one of top stars of the league profile..! and Mehdi tied much of his future earnings to getting a hefty kickback from the possible transfer fee outa Porto ...!! so the motivation$$ is severely lacking for Porto to offload him any earlier than at the earliest last year of his current contract ..!! off course big money talks still.... so if some club was willing to fork over probably 20mil + for him...im sure they'll be tempted to send him packing regardless of the above..!!
              Supposedly Arsenal willing to throw in a good attacker along with small cash may well be tempting to Porto as well..?

Comment

we are still in the hunt for 2nd pot placement in the WC draw and for that to happen pretty much have to keep winning games...
                i suppose if Sardar wasnt missing as well, i coulda possibly imagined Eskoocher somewhat acceptable to the idea of letting mehdi depart early with WCQ wrapped up..? but even so i highly doubt Dragan would agree .... even if he didnt plan to give him game minutes in the next WCQ in favor of bedding in new young attacking talent..!! its not everyday and often enough going forward that he'd get a chance to have all his top guns at his disposal for training as a full team and getting them all in tune for the WC coming up soon..!

trust me, had they even made such a request of CQ, he also woulda told Porto to go fly a kite ..!

Comment

Sérgio Oliveira congratulates great moment experienced by Taremi

Roma midfielder reacted to the goal that the forward scored and that dictated Iran's qualification for the World Cup. The midfielder, now in the service of Roma and with two goals scored, commented on social media. "I'm very happy for you my friend"

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-14535762.html

Comment

Porto have been nothing but classy towards taremi and helped him become the player he is today.

And portuguse football in general has followed that up for every single iranian player who has gone there, even those that have failed

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                      Because there is still work to be done in qualifying!

There should be a fine line between international football and club football, but that's just my opinion. What's the point of even having international football if national teams just allowed the players they called up to leave whenever? If Porto have an issue with the interference of international football scheduling, they should contact FIFA about it.

TM > Porto for me.
                      You have a valid point and TM >>> than Porto and any other club for me but given the following reason. , it make sense for the next game to be flexible.
                      1. We have already qualified. This is our chance to try our 2nd tier forward beside Taremi/Azmoun. Imagine you start with other folks in forward for once against UAE.
                      Again under any other circumstances I would tell Porto or any other team the same thing you said to them

Comment

You have a valid point and TM >>> than Porto and any other club for me but given the following reason. , it make sense for the next game to be flexible.
                        1. We have already qualified. This is our chance to try our 2nd tier forward beside Taremi/Azmoun. Imagine you start with other folks in forward for once against UAE.
                        Again under any other circumstances I would tell Porto or any other team the same thing you said to them
                        We still need to win our remaining games to win the group and to give ourselves the best chance of getting into Pot 2.

Comment

Diaz is the 2nd biggest transfer (45M+15M) in Porto club history.

Comment

According to reports, Sergio Conceicao is furious with the upcoming sale of Luis Diaz to Liverpool. The cash strapped club can now pay off its debts before the end of this month with this sale. Obviously puts a damper on SC's plans for Liga NOS and the Europa Conf.

Comment

Rúben Semedo will arrive tomorrow to join FC Porto on a 6 month loan from Olympiacos. Porto will pay 500k for a loan fee with 6M buyout option after loan expires.

Comment

Lock up your daughters , your sons, your dogs and your money. Ruben Semedo is in town.

Comment

Working...
                                X