Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can someone explain to me why Mehdi is always on the outside when it comes to corners or standards? He no longer goes for a header and just waits for the 2nd ball.

Comment

Originally posted by jack7000 View Post
      Personally I think Mehdi is mentally still not the same player as he was before that Skocic story.. He is somehow not that dangerous & hungry for goals as in his previous games & also his goal positioning has instinctively changed.. I mean yes he scored and gave assists, and it may be to Conceicao's tactical game play changes, but still it's not Mehdis' mental breakthrough yet.. Surely it takes time since he's also just a human being, however hopefully he overcomes this phase quickly..
      agree.

last game in 1st half there was a situation where a winger was about to cross, and several porto players where attacking 1st post and 2nd post but mehdi was just waitining around behind for a possible 2nd ball, i mean come on he is their main fw he should be attacking to score not be so passive

Comment

Originally posted by Nika89 View Post
        can someone explain to me why Mehdi is always on the outside when it comes to corners or standards? He no longer goes for a header and just waits for the 2nd ball.
        agree. last 2 months or so

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
          What in the f*ckery is this! Corona joins Sevilla (2nd in la liga ) ! Benched Sergio oliveira joins Roma ! Both are 29 years old! Yet we have sardar , taremi , gholizadeh , allahyar etc.. finding it hard to join teams in top 4 leagues This is discrimination at its finest .
          A 18 y.o korean was loaned to Bayern munich from Pohang K league! That's fkking insane.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
            A 18 y.o korean was loaned to Bayern munich from Pohang K league! That's fkking insane.
            damn discrimination all the way ! Its because south korea and germany have good relations -_-

whats his name btw???

Comment

damn discrimination all the way ! Its because south korea and germany have good relations -_-

whats his name btw???
              "we" used to have good relations with Germany also. can only blame themselves if they F'ed that up...

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
                "we" used to have good relations with Germany also. can only blame themselves if they F'ed that up...
                We had good relations with all the countries before this mofos took over our country! And yes we had good relations with germany until ahmadi ghini became the president ! Maybe thats why we sent so many players in germany.

I guess political relationships plays an important rule in football.

Comment

I guess political relationships plays an important rule in football.
                  For sure, why do you think no one wants/ dare to play NT friendlies against us? It's not because of our level or anything, it's their dream to test their offensive power against such an compact team as Iran. They simply don't dare due to political issues. Imagine, the day after daddy Trump would knock on their door and impose sanctions, no more Nike shoes and merch for their team...

Most european nations seem smart enough to judge us from a football perspective and not mix it with IR tbh, after WC many respect us now. But as I explained above, it is the sad reality. Same goes for sponsoring (combined with lack of copyright inside the country..)

Comment

Originally posted by Nika89 View Post
                    Gol Gofty. I have been wondering as well. It feels that Mehdi just distancing himself from the Goal instead of the opposite. Most forward try to find a position as close the the goal as possible but Mehdi is doing the opposite and I really dont know why.

Comment

i was alluding to same points a few days ago..!! i really think he needs to mix up his attacking approach a bit more

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      i know positionally he's been yanked back a bit by SC this season but something that's been bothering me for a while with mehdi's attacking approach is his complete Hesitancy to sometimes at least make more Darting runs towards the goal to get on the end of services in the box and ALMOST ALWAYS instead Waiting back top of the box for the ball to spill/bounce his way for finish..!!
                      that worked for him today when he latched on the deflection off the post to score and it does so often enough for him to get goals but imo, by now, Also that way too frequent tendency has made him a more Predictable Target Forward in the league too..!!
                      imo, he needs to mix it up a little, in order to keep the league's defenders more worried and unsure about his positioning and attacking forrays..!! for once i'd like to see him make a searing run into box and show more hunger to be the first guy to latch on to high ball services into box, rather than always waiting for a fortuitous deflection or bounce to falls at his feet for finish..!!

i think Webbi alluded to this point in the earlier Porto game too ..!?
                      Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      i agree with you wholeheartedly there but what i was really alluding to in my earlier post was Mehdi's frequent rather Withdrawn positioning for service in the box during team's attacking forrays .... almost always he stops his run before getting into the 6yard box looking for a Pull back pass...!! rather than mixing it up Once in a while by making a Deeper run into 6 yard box for an easy tap in from a closer range..!!
                      as an example during the Juniors winning goal today.... sc jr makes a darting run and latches to the LD's cross into the box for the score while Mehdi time and again pulls himself back looking for more of a pull back service or waiting instead to latch on to possible deflected shots inside the 6 yard box, as in his goal today..!!
                      im not saying there is anything wrong with his more withdrawn goal scoring approach inside the box, im just saying it will do him some good to mix it up a little .... cause it wouldnt take a genius for the opponents to scout his rather more hesitant attacking run tendencies and make defensive adjustments to it..!!

just pay attention to ☝️ the next time he is playing ...you'll see for yourself .... the opposite of him is Sardar who does a much better job of Mixing up his goal poaching technique..!

Comment

Let’s see how he does this weekend and in the upcoming TM matches. He’s building up out of his funk and it may take a few more matches to get his killer confidence back. I’m not worried in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                          Gol Gofty. I have been wondering as well. It feels that Mehdi just distancing himself from the Goal instead of the opposite. Most forward try to find a position as close the the goal as possible but Mehdi is doing the opposite and I really dont know why.
                          Its quite obvious that SC wants Luiz Diaz infront of goal and Taremi farther away from goal. Id say it is 100% SC decision.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah I agree, if it wasnt his call, with his temper, youd se and hear him jumping and shouting at Mehdi every time..
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Probably cuz the teams started man marking him with the cb or eeaven both so sq put him between opponents midfield and cb just to fk up opponents defensive plans creating space for running at them with speed, if they manmark its gaps for other players to use? Guessing here

Remember before this he scored more but porto dominated games but were static in many games now they appear to play better and create more dangerous chanses eaven if Mehdi scores less, but after adapting now he is coming strong. The lack of goals was probably just adaption period for new tactics.
                              Supporting Team Melli

Comment

If SC’s decision (highly likely), it was a brilliant one. It allowed Mehdi to take a back seat as he worked through his drought, but to also retain his starting position and contribute to the midfield and provide assists. It’s obviously paid off with his goal against Estoril. I’m sure he’ll be rotated into his mid box attacking position soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X