Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd both in goal and assist in the league.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
      What do folks think, is there a realistic chance that Porto makes Taremi available for sale this summer? He will have two years left on a four year deal and he turns 30 in July after arguably being the top striker in Portugal over the past three years. It would appear that his value will only go down from here and while he is currently pegged at $16.50M by transfermarkt (a slight decade from a few months ago), there is still bound to be a decent return for Porto from the 5M Euro they spent to acquire him. Porto was something like 35M Euro in the red last year. It makes sense to sell this asset (Taremi) before he depreciates this summer, even if it means losing a few goals and long as the team is not markedly impacted. Then again, if Porto usually did what made financial sense, they probably wouldn't be in this position...

Nonetheless, I don't think its urgent that Mehdi moves on, but if he does it really can only be for solid La Liga or EPL squad in my mind. Otherwise, Porto is among the top teams in the world so why move?
      If Porto are hoping to bring in cash this summer it would be through Diaz or by offloading one of their ancillary players like Corona or potentially even Oliviera now that we know Vitinha is quality

Comment

Sergio Olivera to Roma negotiations are moving rapidly with all sides in agreement. It appears it will be formalized soon.

Comment

Originally posted by ABalls View Post
          What do folks think, is there a realistic chance that Porto makes Taremi available for sale this summer? He will have two years left on a four year deal and he turns 30 in July after arguably being the top striker in Portugal over the past three years. It would appear that his value will only go down from here and while he is currently pegged at $16.50M by transfermarkt (a slight decade from a few months ago), there is still bound to be a decent return for Porto from the 5M Euro they spent to acquire him. Porto was something like 35M Euro in the red last year. It makes sense to sell this asset (Taremi) before he depreciates this summer, even if it means losing a few goals and long as the team is not markedly impacted. Then again, if Porto usually did what made financial sense, they probably wouldn't be in this position...

Nonetheless, I don't think its urgent that Mehdi moves on, but if he does it really can only be for solid La Liga or EPL squad in my mind. Otherwise, Porto is among the top teams in the world so why move?
          they wont be pushed to sell him. He is their best player besides Diaz.

Diaz will get sold bc his value is so high right now.EU 40-50 Million is very realistic price tag for him. Can probably push it even higher with ad ons.

That cash will ensure that rest of the team can stay together, and probably get the reinforcements they need at full back, midfield, cb positions while still finding a new winger (consider they will also lose corona for free this summer, so new winger is urgent).

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            they wont be pushed to sell him. He is their best player besides Diaz.
            Diaz will get sold bc his value is so high right now.EU 40-50 Million is very realistic price tag for him. Can probably push it even higher with ad ons.
            That cash will ensure that rest of the team can stay together, and probably get the reinforcements they need at full back, midfield, cb positions while still finding a new winger (consider they will also lose corona for free this summer, so new winger is urgent).
            Wishful thinking, but Gholizadeh would be the perfect replacement for Diaz or Corona. Probably wouldn't cost Porto any more than Mehdi cost them.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              Wishful thinking, but Gholizadeh would be the perfect replacement for Diaz or Corona. Probably wouldn't cost Porto any more than Mehdi cost them.
              agreed. Gholi's style fits portugal better than belgium even in my opinion. Im not sure about perfect replacement though. The most impressive thing about diaz besides his directness, close control with either foot, and goalscoring is just how aggressive he is off the ball. The guy is a total animal in the press and harassing defenders. Honestly I have seen very few wingers like him and it will take a special profile to replace that element of his game, would be quite difficult to find. This is something gholi really lacks on consistent basis. His pressing is actually quite effective in short bursts, but over course of 90 mins or even more importantly multiple 90 mins he can fail to impose himself off the ball (as well as having some sloppy tendencies on the ball - though I would assume in a more competitive environment those would be cleaned up).

If he makes the correct choice with his upcoming transfer Luis can be one of the premier wings in europe for the upcoming 6-8 years.

Comment

Comment

Comment

That game he had for Maritimo against Porto just before they signed him was the best game I saw from him. Also was he the player who got taken out by the goalie, if so then I’m glad he is still playing.

Comment

how is it that Manefa doesnt get much if any playing times of late in Porto ..? he was hard running and overall pretty solid RWB option for them in the past..!!?
                      perhaps because of jao mario's resurgence..? they sorta play mostly a 3 back system so i suppose a lotta attacking quality is expected of their 2 wingbacks ?

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                        That game he had for Maritimo against Porto just before they signed him was the best game I saw from him. Also was he the player who got taken out by the goalie, if so then I’m glad he is still playing.
                        I think you meant Rio Ave dadash. Mehdi never played for Maritimo, but Haghighi, Abedzadeh, and Alipour did at various times

Comment

Originally posted by Kian B. View Post
                          I think you meant Rio Ave dadash. Mehdi never played for Maritimo, but Haghighi, Abedzadeh, and Alipour did at various times
                          hes talking about nanu

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                            how is it that Manefa doesnt get much if any playing times of late in Porto ..? he was hard running and overall pretty solid RWB option for them in the past..!!?
                            perhaps because of jao mario's resurgence..? they sorta play mostly a 3 back system so i suppose a lotta attacking quality is expected of their 2 wingbacks ?
                            With all due respect, I think Manafa was one of their weak spot in last year squad when he was ordinary. He was way to weak in offence and now that they have replaced him with Joao Maria, he's much better in offence and also younger.

On the side note, Manafa is now injured and will probably miss the whole season.

Comment

Life moves by us very fast. Hug the ones you love, give them love, and laugh with them every opportunity you get

Comment

Mehdi reigns among

The Iranian is the fastest FC Porto forward this century to reach 20 assists. With Estoril, he scored and served for the sixth time in 74 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X