This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Impressive figures - even more so as that includes his games at the beginning of Porto when he was not starting and those he was subbed off earlier in before he cemented himself as their main man.
    MT for TM. Oh wait

Comment

Otavio has gotten his Portuguese citizenship and has now been called up to Portugal for their upcoming matches
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
        It’s a bad move for Porto. They have enough forwards and need creative mids.
        This doesn’t give them any of that and takes away a talented but stupid winger.
        yea, like i said they should instead throw in Tecatito as part of the swap they got couple of other young and promising Right Wingers to take his spot if departed but on the Left wing Lewis Diaz is far better option than anyone else in the club...! with their LB position still a question mark that'd be a risky proposition .... although LD's departure will make more room for Mehdi to attack down that wing, like he does in TM often..!

Comment

James put Mehdi's spot in danger, Diaz doesn't as he is winger. Not a good move. Getting James means he will start, and one of Toni and Mehdi should fight for remaining place.

Comment

Mark your calendars

Comment

I dont think James will threaten Mehdi's spot. James is more of an attacking mid than a striker. Even if they remove one striker, it'll be Toni.

Plus, we're talking about James here. He'll be injured half the season, and too unfit to play in the other half.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                Mark your calendars
                My god; I'll be in Portugal during Liverpool clash at Porto. Wish there were tickets

Comment

James for Diaz would be a poor swap, James has been ruined by injuries - he was a brilliant player when he first came on to the scene. Diaz is a player on the rise who at this moment has a higher growth potential than a player who is coming towards the end of his career (due to his injuries). Unless Everton are putting in some crazy money too but I doubt that.

Comment

Porto are desperate for MF reinforcement though & I suppose he’d bring along his big marketing hype to compensate for his overrated overall quality…!
                    Diaz is bit too Khorreh & more critically Sar-payeeni winger, if he doesn’t improve his limited vision he won’t materialize even half his potential..!
                    I suppose Tecatito is staying put then !? I can’t see SC agreeing to both departures, as his attacking tactics are vastly wing-heavy ..!
                    IMO they were more in need of a combative & physical box to box MFdr for their attacking flow than an aging & injury prone, overrated fancy foot..!

It’ll be a homecoming of sort for james too as he was their young player before blowing up in EU football ..!

Comment

Originally posted by KasraKhan View Post
                      I dont think James will threaten Mehdi's spot. James is more of an attacking mid than a striker. Even if they remove one striker, it'll be Toni.

Plus, we're talking about James here. He'll be injured half the season, and too unfit to play in the other half.
                      We will see. But Toni is their target forward now and Mehdi play behind. So if they get James logically he replaces Mehdi.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        We will see. But Toni is their target forward now and Mehdi play behind. So if they get James logically he replaces Mehdi.

I think logically their top scorer from last season and best player overall would be moved up to his usual CF position not dropped from lineup lol.

although I dont think your sense of PTSD is necessarily unfounded with conceicao making the choice

Comment

Lol..
                          Chi migi bara khodet. Lol
                          I never said he will be dropped from line up for good. If they get someone like James he will start, at least until he is healthy and perform. Then it is between Mehdi and Toni. Toni in small sample performed and scored lots of goals. He is better finisher than Taremi, but he is just finisher and can not add anything else. Coaching staffs may rotate the squad base on their need and opponent.

Comment

Taremi’s starting lineup spot is safe, simply because he’s such a solid all around player. The amount of offensive AND defensive work he puts in, his assists, his football IQ, and it goes without mentioning: his scoring. SC would be mental to drop him if James comes on board.

Comment

Conceicao is pretty loyal to his strikers unless he starts losing. If you recall Marega started countless games ahead of Taremi even well into winter despite the other forwards, especially Taremi playing better.

Comment

Mehdi is starting! Game kicks off in 1 hour (10:00 am pacific).

Comment

Working...
                                X