Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as expected, not a single cross now that he's in.

Comment

Taremi with a bicycle kick

Comment

honestly mehdi has done well since coming on. very active in Offence and in D

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
          honestly mehdi has done well since coming on. very active in Offence and in D
          These fkers just don’t pass him

Comment

Link?

Comment

Exactly, the only players passing Taremi is oliveria, vitinha. That Zaidum is pure shit.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Comment

mehdi head and shoulders above evanilson. fine by me if they keep mehdi on bench for a few weeks he's played so much last few years could do with a rest but considering today i doubt it

Comment

Zero service as expected...

Comment

Originally posted by sammyg View Post
                    Exactly, the only players passing Taremi is oliveria, vitinha. That Zaidum is pure shit.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
                    Wasn’t it Vitinha that waited soooo long to pass the thru ball to Mehdi so he lost the ball and go a throw in?

Comment

I watched the whole match. My takes are that if there was a match to bench Taremi in, this would be it. It was against Carvahal (Mehdi's former LigaNos coach), who knows him best after SC. I'm sure Carvahal had built his entire defense on how to neutralize Mehdi. So this may have been a bit of psyops by SC. As for the team today, they did okay, created many changes, but their finishing was not there. Zaidu was way off his position, especially in the second half, taking wild shots. Mehdi did well over all. His positioning was always accurate. It was a combination of late/absent service by the mid-field, as well as some bad luck (his bicycle kick got blocked by a random body that happened to be there, for example). He had a brilliant run at the end of the match and was caught on the right of the box with two defenders (so couldn't really shoot), so he crossed into the box and just was missed by the out-stretched leg of Diaz by inches. Would have been an absolute beauty of an assist and goal had it been another day. They have a Cup match this Wednesday against Rio, so I'm sure he will get a start in 3 days time.

Comment

^ The Taca da Liga match is meaningless since they are already out. Rio Ave will play to win and go the next stage over Santa Clara who are on top of the group (yes the team at the bottom of Liga Nos table beat Porto in a match that Mehdi was brought in to save in the second half, Porto lost 3-1 with Mehdi scoring the only goal for his team). Porto will probably play many of its reserves. I think it's actually wise not to play Mehdi on Wednesday.

Go Mehdi!

Comment

Sérgio Conceição explains why Taremi was the substitute

Statements by Sérgio Conceição, FC Porto coach, after the home victory over Braga, by the slightest margin (1-0), in the 14th round of the Bwin League.

In the second half, FC Porto dropped too much? "I think it is the normal course of play. With our altar pressure, we stole the ball and created a lot of danger. It was an excellent game, good publicity for our country, between two teams fighting for the same goals, to come first in the end We started very strong, understanding what Braga were doing, not letting that dynamic with a very interesting ball flow. We could have gone to half-time with another result. it's easy, sometimes we have to manage it in a different way. We started very strong again, we created some opportunities from the good defensive organization. We understood the zone, the moment to press and how to do it, cause the error, not let the opponent connect , who likes to do so so much. I modified the eleven a little bit, because I understand and I have the humility to understand that Braga are a good team and that we had to counteract some of Braga's strengths, adjust to one situation or another. what went well, it was a good game and I think it was a deserved victory."

Taremi on the bench: "We have been playing with two forwards, but different from each other in terms of space occupation. Today was different, I wanted Matheus to give freedom to our full-backs to pick up Braga's full-backs, in that sense he played a fabulous game, in strategic terms it interpreted perfectly what we wanted. It allowed the three frontmen to be very pressing and to be successful in that pressure. Then with Marco [Grujic] and Vitinha not letting it connect, limiting Braga from reaching our defensive third. players played it perfectly, but you can't do it for 90 minutes."

https://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...-14402269.html

Comment

Comment

Porto lazio. Big game vs sarri and co but porto have good chance to advance. Usually do well vs Italian teams

Comment

I predict a slaughter of Lazio, 4-0 win in first game.
                                If eva is benched and mehdi plays with the other guy on top..
                                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Working...
                                X