This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    He was one of the best players on the pitch in the last game. In the Champs League Porto were terrible against Liverpool after he went off, they didn’t have a shot I think. Tonight I agree he should have done better with his chances but they have been poor apart from a couple of players altogether.

Strikers go through patches , he will get a goal and all will be ok.
    Not the last three. Like with every goal beiro, we blame others, same story with taremi tonight. Ok porto didn't play like brazil today but he had two golden chances tonight

Comment

SC overestimates his bench. Honestly they do very well to even be this competitive. Besides Diaz, Pepe and Taremi they have average players at best.

Comment

Taremi isn't performing to the high standards he set himself last season.
        He was not good today and subbed out by SC rightfully.

Comment

Porto was in control but Taremi let them down. Very disappointing.

Comment

Porto has nobody to blame but themselves. The ref wasn’t great, but he didn’t cause this loss. Porto played stupid and deserved to lose

Comment

Honestly though ATM got away with an absolute steal. Looked completely like the second best team all game and snagged a quick one off a corner with poor marking on the far post.
              Taremi's chances, yes a world class striker would've done better particularly on the second one. The first was a half volley and he should do better to get his body over that ball. The second needed better placement. Between this game and the liverpool game he's missed 3 very crucial chances that could've completed altered what Porto's UCL campaign would've looked like right about now.

BUT he is of course not the only one at fault. Could he have done better? Absolutely. But Otavio missed 2 sitter chances against Liverpool and played the cross pass too high today and failed to mark his man on the far post. Wendell got an idiotic red card right after Porto was going to grab atleti by the balls. Grujic had two very weak shots from good positions. Meanwhile Evanilson nowhere to be seen. Diaz burned up all his energy in the first half. In football you can't just point to one guy.

That being said, he's 29 at this point and has reached his ceiling. He isn't world class but he is a good player with niche attributes that won his coach's trust. It'll come handy in Europa league and in the domestic league where they are strongly contending for another title. Hoping he can mentally bounce back from this and earn SC's trust again.

Comment

well atleast milan didnt score so they go to europa league playoffs, Mehdi show there probably Porto should win that cup.. maybe we can se a Zenit Porto game if Azmoun isnt sold this winter
                Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Cant wait for Atletico to get knocked out bad in the CL.
                  #WilmotsOUT

Comment

Was the VAR sleeping today? Honestly if that was really a red card for Porto I would stop watching football for the rest of my life.

And Taremi only has himself to blame. These performances started as soon as he put that stupid tweet to create unnecessary side issues.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                      Not the last three. Like with every goal beiro, we blame others, same story with taremi tonight. Ok porto didn't play like brazil today but he had two golden chances tonight
                      I can’t remember the Milan games, was it the first one or second he played well in? Yes he should have done better with his chances tonight , second one especially.
                      He still is having a decent season altogether in the league, he is 3rd in the scorer charts and I think 1st when you put goals and assist together. Yes he needs a goal, you can see slightly he is in his head but he brings so much to the team. That assist for the 3rd goal on the weekend was lovely . His all round play was brilliant and in a lot of games this season he has been played deeper behind Evanilson. His defensive work is terrific too.

Comment

I guess this past month or so should calibrate our expectations as fans. Porto is Mehdi's ceiling. Nothing to be ashamed of. Still a top European club with a big fanbase, and the best club an Iranian plays for currently.

I'll be happy with his situation as long as he's a regular starter there.

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
                          Taremi isn't performing to the high standards he set himself last season.
                          He was not good today and subbed out by SC rightfully.
                          I truely believe that he miss his big ass partner up front. he took so much attention from Mehdi so he got that extra space.. now he has all the defenders on him like leaches. evanilson isnt a very bad player but he doesnt draw that many defenders on him as the other guy did. they have done some shit recruiting after loosing him last season. i think thats their biggest misstake. cant blame Mehdi for that one. he has had harder time but still performed. its these details that effects the end result so much.
                          Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Dar CL nemishe on mogheiyathaayi ke Taremi daasht az dast daad, chon mamolan tanbih mishi.

Moteassefaaneh fekr mikonam Mehdi az nazare zehni dar in baazi kam avord.

Va in baar hagheshe azash enteghaad beshe chon Porto emshab daste kam mitonest mosavi kone.
                            DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

In two games against Milan I think he missed 6-7 chances.

Comment

Tbh it was Taremi's fault that Porto lost. He had to score and he didn't. We have to blame him. If he scored, Porto was through. It's a shame they didn't make it through to the CL second round.

Comment

Working...
                                X