Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
    So fans did a interview with thomas frank and here is the bits about saman:
    Pretty much asked the question that i've been asking! why playing this ugly 3-5-2! He said wanted to defend very well!
    Lol Someone tell Mr frank that this system is not working very well! conceded 21 goals in 15 matches is not good for a deffensive team!
    Good thing is that he realised it and wanted to change to 3-4-3 but wissa got injured and totally ruined it! So he said if they are fit he will move 3-4-3 which could make saman getting that fixed spot!
    In short he'll only use saman when they want to play offensive football!

Question: GPG: I’ve run a few together here… this one’s about formations. We’ve played one system since we’ve been in the Premier League. Would you feel as comfortable playing 3-4-3 or 4-3-3 in the PL as we did in the Championship, or does the system preference reflect the different challenges of the two leagues? Are we able to adapt to a back four without a proper right back, and when did you decide our default formation for this season would be three at the back?
    Answer: TF: I decided on three at the back more or less straight away after we got promoted. Not the first week, but I knew when we got into the PL, also with the personnel we have, and I think if we want to make a good impression and perform well, I think we need to defend very well. And I think it’s easier to defend very well with three centre-backs, and sometimes a back five.
    So that was one of the rationales behind it. The three main things we want to do well this season are, defend very well; be very good on set pieces; and be in the top three fittest teams. That is the three key aspects that I think will make us get a good season in the Prem. If we are going to play with three centre backs, I knew, a little bit like we did in the end in the Championship, I wanted to play with a winger, like Sergi, as a wingback. So, we need some offensive player; it will be too ‘heavy’ if we play with three centre backs and two full backs in the back five.
    Then the other thing, with 3-5-2 came a little bit combination of the amount of good midfielders, and because Ivan and Bryan are so good together. I’ve trained a lot on 3-4-3 as well, and we’ve also played that in pre-season, against Watford for example, and that’s a system that in some games we tweak it a bit - so with Shandon and Saman, sometimes when we build up, we build up as a 3-4-3, with Saman or Shandon getting up, and Ivan or Bryan as a nine, so we have two 10’s and a nine.
    With Wissa’s form, increasing form and fitness, I was closer and closer to playing 3-4-3. With Wissa and Ivan and Bryan. But finally, we were there, with the fitness level, and he was banging goals in in training and also in games, I thought OK, now is the moment. And then…injured.
    I think v Chelsea we still played 3-5-2 because we need a little more running capacity in midfield against them, but even against Leicester or Burnley away, we could have done more, or also it’s a tool that I could do early in games.
    =

Question2:
    Les: Is there any tactical move you’ve made this season that you regret? Going back to the Norwich game, there was a lot of surprise that we just scored a goal and we seemed to make changes. then Charlie Goode went up front. Did you look at that and think, that didn’t quite work out as planned?
    Answer2:TF: Erm…. let me think. The Norwich game – I actually think I did very brilliant with the first of the changes, Vita out, Saman in, and I love Vita, but he was not sharp, he was coming back from injury, and he probably couldn’t go 90; so I think to myself, I kept him on instead of Matti, and Matti should be the more offensive one. Second thing we did was to go as offensive as possible - Sergi to the left, Bryan to the right, with wing backs as actually wingers, Marcus up front with Ivan and Saman as the ten. So that’s the most offensive we could go. So those two, very pleased with, I was not pleased with the Charlie one. It didn’t work. But the problem was that before we did it, we were a little bit stuck, they changed to a back five and we couldn’t produce and we thought hmm, let’s go a little more, and it didn’t work.
    source: https://griffinpark.org/index.php?th...erview.136465/
    I think Thomas Frank be be CQ's illegitimate son. Those are the three things that coaches can do when they think they don't have enough quality in their team.

Comment

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
      I think Thomas Frank be be CQ's illegitimate son. Those are the three things that coaches can do when they think they don't have enough quality in their team.
      maybe step son lol ! he is not very good at defending tho. 20 goals in last 10 matches!

Comment

So is the start line-up know yet for the Watford game? Will Saman start?

Comment

Lineup will be released in about an hour (1 hour before match time)

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
            Lineup will be released in about an hour (1 hour before match time)
            Oooh soon then, so excited. I really hope he gets a fair chance on the position he can contribute the most AM/false9
            Thank you for the info 🙏🏻

Comment

Ghoddos benched

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Originally posted by Team Melli Fan View Post
                Ghoddos benched

Ey bemiiiiir Thomas Franke parti baz!!! With your shitty danish players!

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                  keyword..

Comment

No canos, no Toney and the boy still can't crack the starting lineup.
                    Winter window loan to a Championship club can do him wonders at this point.

Comment

I was going to say the same about fucking frank

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                        I was going to say the same about fucking frank
                        Thank you 🙏🏻 I really believe his coward tactics will end up with Bees relegate to Championship next year 🤷🏻*♂️

Comment

Thank you 🙏🏻 I really believe his coward tactics will end up with Bees relegate to Championship next year 🤷🏻*♂️
                          Can't wait for a ronald koefrank to start a Persian mafia in one of the top league club, like the one we saw in barca (dutch) and brentford (danish).

Mr Bayat, it's a long time you didn't do some shopping in Iran

Comment

Another PFDC scramble to insult a manager who is overperforming with the resources at his disposal

Big game this, without Toney they are a nothing team so I expect a Watford win.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                              No canos, no Toney and the boy still can't crack the starting lineup.
                              Winter window loan to a Championship club can do him wonders at this point.
                              did you read his interview that i posted yesterday? Frank won't use saman when he is playing defensive football! 3-5-2 is pretty much defensive formation, so the only time we'll see saman in the line up the formation has to be either 3-4-3 or 4-3-3. Saman will come on as a sub when the team needs to score goals!

So pray that brentford gets scored on

Comment

yesssss 1 goal down

Brentford 0-1 watford

Comment

Working...
                                X