Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Farzadfarhangni View Post
    First of all, thank you Ghermez agha for being classy enough to engage in a constructive dialogue instead asking me to go follow rugby.
    So, the original poster was complaining about why does Sarlak get minutes ahead of Ghoddos. My point was that Sarlak was subbed in to basically replace Ezatollahi. Ghoddos does not play DM, or at least that is not his specialty, so Sarlak getting minutes has nothing to do with Ghoddos. Its almost like saying why is Nourafkan getting minutes ahead of Ghoddos. Actually that one may be more relevant because had Nourafkan not get minutes, then Vahid might have been moved back to LB and opened up a spot for Ghoddos.
    As for defensively or offensively, again, subbing Sarlak for Ezz is not going "more" defensively. It is subbing like for like players. Subbing Ghoddos for Ezz would have been an offensive move. I am not sure if you are suggesting that to protect a 2-0 lead, we should sub out defensive players and add offensive players. Surely not, right? Especially given our weak defensive line. By subbing Sarlak for Ezz, we basically kept our shape and did what we were doing before.
    We made two subs, within minutes of each other and Sarlak and Sayadmanesh came in for Ezatollahi and Hajsafi. Sarlak took over Ezatollahi's position and Sayadmanesh took over Amiri's position and Amiri took over Hajsafi's. Our mid was Sarlak with Vahid and Ahmad in front of him. Now, Ghoddos could have come in for either Vahid or Ahmad at that point, but they were both on fire and as you know, neither of them ever gets tired!!!!
    As for the unwritten rule about legionnaires getting minutes, I had never heard of such a rule but I can see it being on some coaches mind. However, in our case, that is a crazy ask. I think Ghoddos has gotten way more minutes than Kaveh Rezaei, Milad Mohammadi, Karim Ansarifard, Majid Hosseini, Ghaedi, etc. etc... Not to mention goalkeepers. Thanks god, Abedzadeh finally got a start but what should Niazmand say... This rule simply can't be applied to our current team with so many legionnaires.
    I hope Skocic has sat down with Ghoddos and explained to him how he fits in team's plans. In my opinion, Ghoddos is an impact player that can start for TM but it is a competitive situation... ARJ and Taremi coming back would make it even tougher. But basically, Ghoddos is competing with Amiri and Nourollahi for one or two spots... I am confident he'll get more minutes.
    Hope this helps clarify my position.
    I think the main problem with your position is the Sarlak sub had nothing to do with Ezza. Ezza went off about 15 minutes after Sarlak was introduced and Sarlak was a direct replacement for Hajsafi and equally stunk the place out in a position Ghoddos (a player laughably superior to those two) can play.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
      I think the main problem with your position is the Sarlak sub had nothing to do with Ezza. Ezza went off about 15 minutes after Sarlak was introduced and Sarlak was a direct replacement for Hajsafi and equally stunk the place out in a position Ghoddos (a player laughably superior to those two) can play.
      Well, I stand corrected. It felt much closer the substitutions, but the general point remains. Sarlak was subbed in for eventual replacement of Ezzatollahi. Perhaps Sayadmanesh was not ready to be subbed in, so they put in Sarlak temporarily for Hajsafi until Sayadmanesh was ready. I totally agree that Sarlak is not ideal in midfield and should only be used at holding mid.

Comment

I am all usually for Saman playing but that pitch was horrendous, we are lucky none of our players were seriously injured. Also I thought it was a pitch not made for players who like to have the ball and run with it, it was obviously very hard to control the ball in any way and the ball would bounce in weird directions.

However, going forward the guy needs to get more game time. Give him a chance to integrate with the playing team and build chemistry with Sardar and Mehdi.

Comment

For today's game.

Shandon Baptiste (shoulder), Yoane Wissa (ankle), Zanka, and Mathias Jensen (Covid) are all in contention for tomorrow's trip to St James' Park. Kris Ajer (hamstring), David Raya, Julian Jeanvier, Mads Bech (all knee), Josh Dasilva (hip), and Tariqe Fosu will miss out.

It would be an embarrassment for brentford if they lose to newcastle!

Hopefully saman will get some decent playing time

Comment

A defeat to Al Noor-asl would have been big points dropped if they hadn't have changed managers. Bad timing to face them now though, even with their new manager out with COVID.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
              A defeat to Al Noor-asl would have been big points dropped if they hadn't have changed managers. Bad timing to face them now though, even with their new manager out with COVID.
              Yeah, Saint-Maximin is going to tear their backline apart!

Comment

Interested to see the line up. Does Frank go with a more attacking line up to try and put the 4 defeats behind them. They have to be wary of the counter through ASM and Almiron - the lucky thing (although could prove me wrong today) is that they both have limited output from their good play.

Comment

Starting!!! Akh joon!!!

Comment

That is good news. I hope he puts the NewSaud United to the sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
                      Interested to see the line up. Does Frank go with a more attacking line up to try and put the 4 defeats behind them. They have to be wary of the counter through ASM and Almiron - the lucky thing (although could prove me wrong today) is that they both have limited output from their good play.

This is how Newcastle lined up

Comment

Guessing Almiron exclusion is linked to travel back from WCQ.

One guaranteed thing is that Shelvey is getting at least a yellow card.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Starting!!! Akh joon!!!
                          Ghorbone on sheklesh beram 😍❤️🙏🏻

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                            Ghorbone on sheklesh beram 😍❤️🙏🏻
                            Can I call you Nastaran?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                              Can I call you Nastaran?
                              Haha 🤣🤣🤣

Comment

Nice pass that was to Mbeumo who sets up Canos who hits it just wide.

Comment

Working...
                                X