No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing topics. I was watching Norwich play against Leeds United this morning and I have to say they looked really, really poor. I am excited and looking forward to next Saturday for when Saman gets his deserved start and uses Norwich as a stat-pad for goals + assists.

Comment

Guys take the political and personal stuff elsewhere please.

Comment

Is there anything rude in the post ? The guy has pointed out a simple fact. Good on Him for marrying someone who is not Iranian , who cares. It’s a personal choice.

We are talking about a guy who is a IR supporter and bashes everyone who is not agreeing with him.

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
        Holy sh*** !! You’re seriously going to talk about someone’s wife like that?

Comment

That was a nice finish by Saman and he seemed to be very much involved in the play. Is it enough to win a starting position, I hope so but probably not. Their coach seems to have a good handle on what he wants and for some reason he has decided on Saman not being a 90 minute player. Generally speaking, coaches like to have their strongest 11 playing at the end of the game rather than in the beginning and the fact that he has been subbed in several times implies that the coach thinks highly of him. Same was true about JB at Brighton. Saman will get his chances just like JB did but like JB he might be best at bringing energy into a game rather than starting.

Comment

Interesting observation, I wonder if he is better off playing 30 minutes at the end or 60 minutes at the start.
            Nevertheless he should be a starter for TM based on his performance at EPL level.

Originally posted by Ahmad_DC View Post
            That was a nice finish by Saman and he seemed to be very much involved in the play. Is it enough to win a starting position, I hope so but probably not. Their coach seems to have a good handle on what he wants and for some reason he has decided on Saman not being a 90 minute player. Generally speaking, coaches like to have their strongest 11 playing at the end of the game rather than in the beginning and the fact that he has been subbed in several times implies that the coach thinks highly of him. Same was true about JB at Brighton. Saman will get his chances just like JB did but like JB he might be best at bringing energy into a game rather than starting.

Comment

Norwich leave big wide open gaps in the middle of the park - they are not good against the press and get done time and time again on the counter. Also Kabak likes to run out with the ball from the back and has no skill and is easily tackled. Leaving space at the back for a through ball to Toney and Mbeumo, it’s a good game for Saman to play.

Comment

^^^ No logic coach will go with his best starting 11 in last 30 min lol
                If Saman keep performing in the last 20/30 min of the game, he will eventually starts.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Many have Ghoddos in their XI for the match against Norwich: https://griffinpark.org/index.php?th.../#post-3887131

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    You should be the last person to be talking about inferiority complexes. You chose a bosnian chick over any Iranian girl.

That's not a sign of inferiority. That's tremendous wisdom.
                    Iranian girls?/ They'll eat you live and spit you out!!
                    Na agha .... ma nistim

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                      Many have Ghoddos in their XI for the match against Norwich: https://griffinpark.org/index.php?th.../#post-3887131
                      Honestly i don't understand how people don't realise henry's and canos's poor performances! both canos and henry should not be in the lineup! Henry shouldn't even be on the bench.

Canos is a winger/forward and he has 0 assist and 0 goals in 10 premier league games! How does he start is a big question for me! i'm not even gonna mention henry cuz his stats are even worse!

Comment

Canos used to play LW/ATTACKER to a decent enough level for them in Championship last season..! this season they are very short of options at Right D/RWB so he has been transitioned there and mostly tasked with Defensive duties (since they play a 3back system) than say playing a more attacking RWinger role, hence his nonexistent attacking production levels are somewhat justified .. i guess ??
                        Henry is supposedly one of the most Promising english LB/LWB..? but besides good Pace and above avg. workrate, i havent seen much defensive nor attacking other qualities to woo me ..! again his frequent starts are more a case of having limited other options otherwise at LB/LWB position to provide sufficient mostly Defensive Lwing cover for their Back3..!
                        Neither one really directly compete with Saman for minutes, in current Brentford tactical set-up.....!! although Sammy was brought on off the bench once in prior matche for Canos in order to add more attacking punch down RW..!! i think they were trailing in that game ??
                        thats a the big knock of playing for smaller clubs with limited budgets..! players are often forced outa their most favored/natural positions in order to make up the numbers for the team..!
                        Saman has also suffered massively due to Frank's preferred Overall Team tactics and shortages in optimal quality in most all positions..! not only he's been yanked back to a deeper lying CM (than his strongest suit position which has been more of a free flowing AM/RW/LW position), he also been instructed so far with awful rigid movement/positioning instructions by Frank further killing his attacking venum...!!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                          Canos used to play LW/ATTACKER to a decent enough level for them in Championship last season..! this season they are very short of options at Right D/RWB so he has been transitioned there and mostly tasked with Defensive duties (since they play a 3back system) than say playing a more attacking RWinger role, hence his nonexistent attacking production levels are somewhat justified .. i guess ??
                          Henry is supposedly one of the most Promising english LB/LWB..? but besides good Pace and above avg. workrate, i havent seen much defensive nor attacking other qualities to woo me ..! again his frequent starts are more a case of having limited other options otherwise at LB/LWB position to provide sufficient mostly Defensive Lwing cover for their Back3..!
                          Neither one really directly compete with Saman for minutes, in current Brentford tactical set-up.....!! although Sammy was brought on off the bench once in prior matche for Canos in order to add more attacking punch down RW..!! i think they were trailing in that game ??
                          thats a the big knock of playing for smaller clubs with limited budgets..! players are often forced outa their most favored/natural positions in order to make up the numbers for the team..!
                          Saman has also suffered massively due to Frank's preferred Overall Team tactics and shortages in optimal quality in most all positions..! not only he's been yanked back to a deeper lying CM (than his strongest suit position which has been more of a free flowing AM/RW/LW position), he also been instructed so far with awful rigid movement/positioning instructions by Frank further killing his attacking venum...!!
                          Yea i do understand that he was outstanding in Championship in different postion but they are now in EPL. Surely after 7 bad games frank must think to himself that this postion doesn't work for canos and maybe he should try out other players. On otherside saman has played as RW before . Also players like Rasmussen can do the job as RW. Basically he is sacrificing canos for a position that he doesn't fit while other players do fit in perfectly. I dono but for me it looks like frank is stubborn for his choosen postions.

But again all of these doesn't answer my question. My question was that how come no one talks about canos and henry playing poorly. Like surely after 4-5 bad games people should start critising the players. Maybe its because they got too many injuries, so fans don't moan. Or maybe its because they got good results at start of the season ! I donno man . maybe we have to wait and see how they perform after all of their injuries are over.

One thing for sure is that frank must make some big changes, or they will be fighting in relegation zone at the end of the season.

Comment

Frank's post match interview with a brief comment on Saman and his goal at 1:45

Comment

Originally posted by milad_b View Post
                              Yea i do understand that he was outstanding in Championship in different postion but they are now in EPL. Surely after 7 bad games frank must think to himself that this postion doesn't work for canos and maybe he should try out other players. On otherside saman has played as RW before . Also players like Rasmussen can do the job as RW. Basically he is sacrificing canos for a position that he doesn't fit while other players do fit in perfectly. I dono but for me it looks like frank is stubborn for his choosen postions.

But again all of these doesn't answer my question. My question was that how come no one talks about canos and henry playing poorly. Like surely after 4-5 bad games people should start critising the players. Maybe its because they got too many injuries, so fans don't moan. Or maybe its because they got good results at start of the season ! I donno man . maybe we have to wait and see how they perform after all of their injuries are over.

One thing for sure is that frank must make some big changes, or they will be fighting in relegation zone at the end of the season.
                              both those guys have been primarily tasked with More Defensive duties down the R&L wings than contributing to their attack, typically tracking back and helping out Ajer and Pinnock defensively against the many fast and dangerous attacking wingers of opponents in league..! i suppose their decent Workrate levels and defensive contributions helping out the back 3 has been their saving grace mostly, hence warranting them repeated starts and significant minutes..?
                              i suppose if frank switched to a Back 4 defensively then Canos could be moved back to a his more attacking LW role in front of Henry at LB..? But then again that would change their whole formation, playing philosophy, and system of play ..! not so sure such a big change would be warranted at the moment..!?
                              barring 1st half of their last game, they've looked plenty decent for a newly promoted EPL side and been a rather competitive side in most of other league matches .!!
                              nonetheless, i agree that a Victory in the Next match is absolutely vital for the team's psyche and their continued success in league..! as such, a more Ambitious /ATTACKING team set up maybe required, especially considering that they are playing at home vs the current league minnows ..!

i can't fathom a more revolutionary switch to a 442 with attacking wing backs, but i can see a switch to a 343 than their usual 352 with Sammy pushed up bit more into attack in a more traditional #10 role behind embueno and toney..?

Comment

They're sitting 12th in the table (and more importantly, 5th on xPTS), why on Earth would they make wholsesale changes to their team?

Comment

Working...
                                X