Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
    Did some brief browsing on Twitter. Brentford had fans that were upset he was subbed in. Then when he scored they downplayed it.
    What did this poor guy do to get such hate from his own fans?

Apparently some fan screamed “f*** off you Iranian c*nt” when he was subbed on too!
    Wow…..if this is true I hope someone has a recording of it and gets the asshole banned for life from their stadium. If there is any evidence of this the club needs to take serious action.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
      Another Brentford issue - lacking in striker position . They only have Toney as a natural striker, they loaned out the Turkish guy .
      Samans goal was beautiful , made up for my disappointment in watching Liverpool blow a 2-0 lead against Brighton.
      Brentford have an easier run of games coming up against teams who are are open. They need to start Saman in some of these games - he has earned it.
      Also He has to play for Iran , the guy is too good to watch our midfield pass the ball back to our defenders because their is no one in front of them to link up the play with Azmoun and Taremi.
      Some of us on here have been calling for a while now of Ezza and Ghoddos starting in the middle, get it done Dragan.
      I don't know what you mean by natural striker but Forss is a centre forward or #9 and plays almost exclusively in this position. In fact, in 66 out of 69 games for Brentford, 19 out of 19 for AFC Wimbledon and 9 out of 9 for Finland.

Halil Dervisoglu, the Turkish player you're referring to, is more of a fluid forward that can play anywhere across the front 3 but is traditionally a #10, the role that Mbeumo has played this season - to further confuse the issue, Mbeumo is traditionally at RW.

What today and the last 30 minutes against Leicester has shown is that the team struggle to cause problems for the opposition defence without Mbeumo or someone quick to play off of Toney (I.e. Forss and Toney should not be playing together as I suspected they would a few days ago)... And that Forss isn't yet good enough to be a starting striker in the Premier League. As much as I concur with Brentford fans that Ghoddos had a bad game against Leicester, Forss was equally ineffective for the half hour he played and seemed to avoid his share of criticism from their fans. He is a very good finisher as his goal ratio indicates for a backup striker... But he doesn't read the game well enough, his movement and first touch is often poor and he's very inferior to Ivan Toney in pretty much every other category (strength, hold up play, technique). Still, he's young and can improve.

Ghoddos was excellent today and the only Brentford player who can walk off that pitch holding his head high. It's a shame the game was already lost before he came on. He really built on his midweek performance and really staked a claim to start the next game. When you add to the fact that Jensen has had two stinkers in a row and Onyeka has looked ineffectual since he came down with covid, he may yet get that start. Janelt's return to fitness might scupper that though.

Criticism of Frank's team selection on here does crack me up though. It's easy to say most players who played today shouldn't have played given that first half performance now it's happened but you'd think for what I'm reading here they've been as poor in the other 9 PL games this season when in reality they, a newly promoted team, have deserved to at least draw if not win all of those games (inc sides like Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Leicester). I think Brighton was their only other game before today where you might have a case to say they could and should have played better but they we're unfortunate to lose to a late goal when Brighton offered little else all match.

Saying that, I think in the cup in midweek Frank was wrong to play Toney for 90 minutes, Canos for most of the game and bring on Onyeka and Norgaard. They all looked very off the pace today. Let's hope this was a blip but one that allows Saman to get more minutes next week.

Comment

Full match:
        https://www.peacocktv.com/watch/asse...0-6d78e7aab92d

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

Good praise from GPG: https://griffinpark.org/index.php?th...9#post-3886125

Winning MOTM on GPG: https://griffinpark.org/index.php?th...nley-a.136338/
          Last edited by Leicester City; 10-30-2021, 11:20 AM. Reason: Link

Comment

Congrats to Saman on his first Premier League goal. I am so glad he finally scored. Hopefully, he will score many more.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Did some brief browsing on Twitter. Brentford had fans that were upset he was subbed in. Then when he scored they downplayed it.
              What did this poor guy do to get such hate from his own fans?

Apparently some fan screamed “f*** off you Iranian c*nt” when he was subbed on too!
              I saw that too. As good as it was that that fan reported it... He should be reporting it to a steward and the other Brentford fans around him should have all rounded on that guy and told him to leave. To listen to that and not do anything is complicit. Hopefully the club look into it and ask Burnley to review cctv. Given the way away ticket allocation works this year, 95% he's a season ticket holder and he won't be hard to find

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                Wow…..if this is true I hope someone has a recording of it and gets the asshole banned for life from their stadium. If there is any evidence of this the club needs to take serious action.
                I had some racist fan behind me swearing at him all along in their cup tie against Forest Green (I swear he was being racist just cause I was covered in an Iranian flag), that match he did pretty well and still got stick from the fans, it's in the blood of the english fans and honestly the Brentford fans are some of the nicest I've ever seen in England.
                چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
                We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Malkay - I know you have watched a lot more Brentford games than us so thank you for the updates . Am I right in saying (from games that I have watched Forss play) that he has come on before and played down the wing instead of up front . I am thinking more last season when you played three across the front. I know he has also deputised for Toney as striker too.
                  I thought Dervisoglu was mainly a striker - isn’t that where he played at Rotterdam and at Gala at the moment when he plays?

Comment

I am rooting for Saman to earn a start at home against Norwich on 11/6, get an assist and a goal, and then take his flight to Beirut for TM on 11/7, start against Lebanon and get a couple of assists in that match. He deserves it and his goal today proved it.

Go Saman!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INn8...feature=onebox

Full match highlights

Comment

Hope this goal earns him a start, at least for the next game

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

I loved the commentary. Each time the goal was replayed his praise of Saman's goal elevated like he saw more and more beauty in the goal

Comment

From what I read I expect Mbeumo to be on the squad today. Can see the back three being Ajer, Zanka and Janson - no point risking Pinnock if not fully fit (unless Frank thinks his physicality and quality in the air is needed against Chris Wood).

Burnley are an unholy, physical team - always slow starters and then seem to stay up. They are bullies and play an old English style of football akin to a Sam Allardyce team. Their main threat is through McNeill’s crossing ability and how good Chris Wood is with his head.
                            Azmoun would fit like a glove at Burnley! Perfect team for him to fit his strengths for exact reasons you mention.

(Of course it won't be a popular opinion here on PFDC)

Comment

Malkay - I know you have watched a lot more Brentford games than us so thank you for the updates . Am I right in saying (from games that I have watched Forss play) that he has come on before and played down the wing instead of up front . I am thinking more last season when you played three across the front. I know he has also deputised for Toney as striker too.
                              I thought Dervisoglu was mainly a striker - isn’t that where he played at Rotterdam and at Gala at the moment when he plays?
                              You are right in that most of his performances for the team have come from the bench... I could be wrong but I don't believe he started a match for the team until last season, but he was on loan to Wimbledon for a period of time.

Anyway, when he was coming off the bench (for 10-15 minutes at best) it wasn't often a like for like switch with Maupay Watkins the season after but more that he'd come on as an attacking change coz the team were behind and he'd play up top in a front 2. He is definitely a striker. He's not quick enough or a good enough crosser of the ball to be a winger though brentford's style, as with most modern teams is quite fluid so he might find himself on the touchline from time to time as he can't occupy the same space as Toney when they're both on the pitch.

Obviously last season you had Toney start almost every game as a lone striker and almost always play the full 90 (like Watkins did the season before)... As before, when Forss would come on they would change shape but there were a couple of games where he was tested on the right or left from the start and it didn't go well. He started the season really getting close to double figures (inc an international goal against world champions France) in the first 2 months of the season from playing as a striker - either coming from off the bench or starting exclusively in the EFL in place of Toney because of how thick and fast the games came in the championship. Remember the season was a shorter period last year due to covid and the late start.

I mentioned on an earlier post that they hit a blip in form early this year... those idiot twitter "fans" were calling for Frank to resign coz their 20 odd game unbeaten run came to an end and they lost to QPR their rivals (I think it was Jan or Feb). They had some middling results that pushed them out of automatic promotion contention until Frank changed their formation to a 3-5-2 with 2 wing backs, like they play now in the PL, only when they did this in the championship Toney and Forss were the front 2 and Roerslev played as RWB with either Mbeumo or Canos playing LWB. Though this also had a lot to do with Rico Henry being injured for the second half of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post
                                Azmoun would fit like a glove at Burnley! Perfect team for him to fit his strengths for exact reasons you mention.

(Of course it won't be a popular opinion here on PFDC)
                                Dear god no. Please.

I don't want any of our players going to lower table PL teams that don't play to win games. Azmoun can do much better than Burnley for his next move.

The only TM player that could do a job at a relegation battling PL team, not winning every week, offering little attacking play is a combative DM and we don't have many of those good enough to play at that level. Teymourian was good. Ezza would have been good a few years back had he developed properly. I think he did OK at Reading before his injury but since that his career has been a disappointed. I do hope another talent emerges in that position soon. We really need it.

Maybe a skilled, super quick full back if we had one. I think Kaebi could have been a good modern full back in the PL if he had the right attitude and a bit more to his game to offer than speed and a fake passport.

Comment

Working...
                                X