X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WORKing his tail off

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
      Back to Nour, i think he had his best ever season, i barely seen any Iranian midfielder in recent years who dominated the game in every aspect. He was even excellent in ACL and TM appearances lately.
      I have seen you rave about nourolahi a lot and yes he’s a good midfielder but he is not anywhere nearly as complete as you say. His defensive game is questionable at the very least, if not poor. He has made multiple blunders for Persepolis in big moments in the ACL and for TM too he had a couple very bad turn overs holding onto the ball for too long like he often does which lead to a goal scoring chance for the opposition (think it was vs Bahrain and Iraq). He has good qualities (shooting, passing, etc.) but until he fixes his defense he is not by any means a great CM and needs to have a guy like Ezi who can handle the defensive duties needed in that area.
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

ahmad nour certainly looks more comfortable and formidable moving forward with the ball in MF than retrieving/defending..! in our current quality CM shortage dilemma he is certainly good enough overall for a starting position but not over a far more capable and polished MF article such as Saman..!
        he deserves starts and significant minutes in TM ftb, at least until his form likely goes to shitt after an extended stay in UAE mall walking and too frequent of chort-zanis..!!

unfortunately i still think TF will continue to prefer Frank the tank over Saman as a more frequent Starter in his MF against EPL opponents .... ? today sammy got the nod only due to frank testing COVID positive..!! he prefers Saman coming off bench..! so he still will get plenty of minutes off bench moving forward..!!
        once Sammy improves his fitness further and up his workrate off the ball like today or even better he will take over as a starter..!! or i suppose in games where TF will be needing more creativity on the front line than brute force and physical play which most english teams tend to favor..!!?

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
          I have seen you rave about nourolahi a lot and yes he’s a good midfielder but he is not anywhere nearly as complete as you say. His defensive game is questionable at the very least, if not poor. He has made multiple blunders for Persepolis in big moments in the ACL and for TM too he had a couple very bad turn overs holding onto the ball for too long like he often does which lead to a goal scoring chance for the opposition (think it was vs Bahrain and Iraq). He has good qualities (shooting, passing, etc.) but until he fixes his defense he is not by any means a great CM and needs to have a guy like Ezi who can handle the defensive duties needed in that area.
          That is also not what Skocic think of him . He is Skocic key guy in midfielder.

Nour is not DM, can play there but he is not. He is CM or CAM. If he was typically defensive then his defensive would have been a huge factor and i don't find his defensive game being bad at all.
          He will be key player in our qualification, wait and see, unlless he fuck it up big time in Arab land.

People like you and few others went against him because he joined arab club. The real question is, did he reject real european offer to join Qatar? The answer is no.

He is complete midfielder for Asian standard. I am not saying he is world class.
          Wait and see Persepolis without him and i talk with you in few months
          He is hard to replace, unless Persepolis get someone or play Torabi behind striker and they need to replace him as whole team. Because no one in Iran is as good as him atm
          Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
            ahmad nour certainly looks more comfortable and formidable moving forward with the ball in MF than retrieving/defending..! in our current quality CM shortage dilemma he is certainly good enough overall for a starting position but not over a far more capable and polished MF article such as Saman..!
            he deserves starts and significant minutes in TM ftb, at least until his form likely goes to shitt after an extended stay in UAE mall walking and too frequent of chort-zanis..!!

unfortunately i still think TF will continue to prefer Frank the tank over Saman as a more frequent Starter in his MF against EPL opponents .... ? today sammy got the nod only due to frank testing COVID positive..!! he prefers Saman coming off bench..! so he still will get plenty of minutes off bench moving forward..!!
            once Sammy improves his fitness further and up his workrate off the ball like today or even better he will take over as a starter..!! or i suppose in games where TF will be needing more creativity on the front line than brute force and physical play which most english teams tend to favor..!!?
            think his role will be what we both predicted, ofc its still early.

frequent starter vs bottom 8. semi-frequent starter/creative bench impact option vs middle teams (this depends also on how the game is going, what they need), impact sub/DNP vs top teams.

OFC this is all assuming continued solid showings like today. If he takes game up a bit further he could crack xi for top games too.

I also think midfield of Janelt, Onyeka, Saman could work quite well too...Those 3 got a bit of everything and would compliment each other well. Norgard, Janelt, Onyeka is too static on the ball /redundant but probably a safer bet to ensure defensive stability/max ground covered off the ball vs big sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
              That is also not what Skocic think of him . He is Skocic key guy in midfielder.

Nour is not DM, can play there but he is not. He is CM or CAM. If he was typically defensive then his defensive would have been a huge factor and i don't find his defensive game being bad at all.
              He will be key player in our qualification, wait and see, unlless he fuck it up big time in Arab land.

People like you and few others went against him because he joined arab club. The real question is, did he reject real european offer to join Qatar? The answer is no.

He is complete midfielder for Asian standard. I am not saying he is world class.
              Wait and see Persepolis without him and i talk with you in few months
              He is hard to replace, unless Persepolis get someone or play Torabi behind striker and they need to replace him as whole team. Because no one in Iran is as good as him atm
              I’m actually not against him at all, quite the opposite. As my username suggests, I’m a diehard red and love him for what he has done for Persepolis as he has been a very loyal servant of the club and done well IMO.

But again, my issue with glorifying him as a complete CM is his shortcomings on defense which are crystal clear and have been exposed in big moments. CMs have defensive duties and responsibilities too and he is just not solid in that area and is not smart with the ball all the time. I know Skocic will use him as he should, but let’s be real he is not complete at all and has a lot of work to do with improving his defensive game.
              Team Meli Iran
              Perspolis FC
              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                  I’m actually not against him at all, quite the opposite. As my username suggests, I’m a diehard red and love him for what he has done for Persepolis as he has been a very loyal servant of the club and done well IMO.

But again, my issue with glorifying him as a complete CM is his shortcomings on defense which are crystal clear and have been exposed in big moments. CMs have defensive duties and responsibilities too and he is just not solid in that area and is not smart with the ball all the time. I know Skocic will use him as he should, but let’s be real he is not complete at all and has a lot of work to do with improving his defensive game.
                  He is playing ali karimi8 role in Persepolis and even TM
                  No one asked Ali karimi to be as good as Nekounam defensively(even javad had his sooti).
                  He is a poor version of Karim Bagheri. Can play anywhere in midfielder. And to me his defensive game is just fine.

Comment

Brentford wishing saman good luck with TM: https://www.instagram.com/p/CTPWmGnI...dium=copy_link
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Comment

so how has ghoddos been in the prem? havent heard anything good from him like goals and such

Comment

French fans are wondering the same about Kante.

Comment

I heard Kante has a picture of Saman on his mirror next to his front door and every time he looks in it he sees Saman and goes ‘one day I will be you.’

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X