No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been saying it for years now and I’m happy some of you finally see….it’s a freaking absolute crime to keep saman on the bench and play him 30 mins in TM matches especially crucial ones.

CQ was guilty of it and so is Skocic but hopefully they finally wake up now that he’s literally playing at the highest level of football and playing so well.
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      I have been saying it for years now and I’m happy some of you finally see….it’s a freaking absolute crime to keep saman on the bench and play him 30 mins in TM matches especially crucial ones.
      CQ was guilty of it and so is Skocic but hopefully they finally wake up now that he’s literally playing at the highest level of football and playing so well.
      I agree, but I can't discount my suspicion that for some reason he just lacked fitness and the coaches (who work closely with him) saw that.

I also often felt when watching him really wanting him to be more agressive.

Today I finally got to see him pressing with much bite and MAN, what a revelation. His main task is improving his fitness! This is another reason why it's great to see him in the PL as they have really good facilities and training methods!

Comment

Agree 100%. He is a must start, and has the special sauce to turn a game on its head.

Saman always plays above and beyond his physical appearance. He doesn't have the prototypical player physique. He's stocky and doesn't look fast so he get overlooked but give him minutes and he delivers.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Gozareshgaarhaaye ingilisi ham az amalkarde Saman ta'rif mikardand.

Albate nazare gozareshgare ingilisi arzeshe gooz raa dare, amma be har haal khoobe ke mifahmand ke yek

bazikone khoobi ast.
          DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
            I agree, but I can't discount my suspicion that for some reason he just lacked fitness and the coaches (who work closely with him) saw that.

I also often felt when watching him really wanting him to be more agressive.

Today I finally got to see him pressing with much bite and MAN, what a revelation. His main task is improving his fitness! This is another reason why it's great to see him in the PL as they have really good facilities and training methods!
            The fitness thing doesn’t apply at all to his TM career that became a thing during and after his FIFA suspension which he did not play in any TM games during that time frame.

As for his aggressiveness I respectfully disagree I think he’s super effective in that department both on and off the ball I urge you to look at his AC match vs Iraq and most recent 4 WCQ matches as examples of how he was bodying ppl on the pitch left and right and getting himself in good positions in attack.
            Team Meli Iran
            Perspolis FC
            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

The fitness thing doesn’t apply at all to his TM career that became a thing during and after his FIFA suspension which he did not play in any TM games during that time frame.

As for his aggressiveness I respectfully disagree I think he’s super effective in that department both on and off the ball I urge you to look at his AC match vs Iraq and most recent 4 WCQ matches as examples of how he was bodying ppl on the pitch left and right and getting himself in good positions in attack.
              Yes, I remember the last few WCQs and was happy with him and complimented him during those games on here as well. Maybe I'm making too much out of it, but I was referring more long term (going back to Queiroz) and the critique that past coaches didn't play him enough.

But Dubxl152 could really have a point too that his appearance can be deceiptive because of his more stockish build. Plus add to that his calm demenour (which is of course a plus), but combined it may make him appear more sluggish than he actually is.

Regardless, if he continues to play as today and the last few TM games, I'm happy!

I just hope he keeps his fitness level high and even improves it. With today's performance I have high hopes to see him establish as a regular in Brentford in the Premier League!

Comment

Big shock here, our most technically competent player (by far) playing at the highest level out of all our players (by far) should be a guaranteed starter in our weakest position (cm). I wait for somebody to make argument that ahmad Dubai mall nour or hajsafi should start in midfield zone instead.

As for the brentford fans that slated him that everybody seems fixated on, they’re all now praising him on twitter. Their opinion is so worthless it changes like underwear, pay it nk attention.

What matters is he has trust of coach, coach knows his weaknesses, helped him improve them, found him a position that he suits at this high level and that actually benefits tm, and now he should continue to be rewarded more and more consistent mins if he continues playing to this standard.

Also huge lol to people who think he’d play less in PL than arj, the guy has all the tools to be a very useful player in this league for a solid team, technically he has excellent fundamentals but his footballing IQ coupled with his ability to MAKE QUICK DECISIONS and get the ball out of tight spaces is objectively impressive.

I expect his fitness to only continue to improve as the season is still early.with that we should see some more goal mouth action for him as well, but clearly his role is not so much to affect play around the box as it is to really keep things ticking in midfield and use his stocky build to win midfield duels, smart play to keep possession and relieve pressure on D line.

Comment

saman for several years lacked fitness but was also suspended and was down mentally after that insane fine. above all that he has zero exp from TM and wcq, which is another sport compared to EPL or championship

Comment

^^^
                    Nour starting won't affect Ghoddos. Ghoddos can play in pretty much any position in midfielder. ideal line up should include both Saman and Nour.
                    JB/Gholi-Nour-Saeid-Ghoddos
                    Taremi-Sardar

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                      saman for several years lacked fitness but was also suspended and was down mentally after that insane fine. above all that he has zero exp from TM and wcq, which is another sport compared to EPL or championship
                      Yes, the talent was always there, but he had fitness off the field(contract and his mom disease) issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        ^^^
                        Nour starting won't affect Ghoddos. Ghoddos can play in pretty much any position in midfielder. ideal line up should include both Saman and Nour.
                        JB/Gholi-Nour-Saeid-Ghoddos
                        Taremi-Sardar
                        nour right now is nr1 choice in midfield. anyone who doesnt get that doesnt get it. Saman or alireza or even gholi can all be replaced but nour is a level above hejsafi and saeid ezat!

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                          nour right now is nr1 choice in midfield. anyone who doesnt get that doesnt get it. Saman or alireza or even gholi can all be replaced but nour is a level above hejsafi and saeid ezat!
                          Yes, anyone who played a bit of football should be able to see this. Unfortunately some people here get emotional when it comes to some players. Any team need player like Nour, doesn't matter if he plays in desert, Iran, PL, africa. He is your typical box to box, cover the WHOLE FIELD, on REGULAR base.
                          Saman doesn't have this profile on regular base, he may do it for few match but that is not where he is at his best on consistent base. Best place for him is behind striker or winger.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                            Yes, anyone who played a bit of football should be able to see this. Unfortunately some kids here get emotional when it comes to some players. Any team need player like Nour, doesn't matter if he plays in desert, Iran, PL, africa. He is your typical box to box, cover the WHOLE FIELD, on REGULAR base.

Saman doesn't have this profile on regular base, he may do it for few match but that is not where he is at his best on consistent base. Best place for him is behind striker or winger.
                            haj agha dont resort to calling people "kids" who disagree with you. Im sure you can make your point in other ways.

Reality is anybody who knows or played even a little bit of football knows you cannot start midfield three of amiri--Nour--Hajsafi...It wont get you to a world cup, and if by some miracle you make it there it will be a true embarassment. For me nour is is B2B role rotating with Amiri, defensively he is not good enough to play as a cdm, see how many crucial penalties he has given away for PP even. CDM is not his place, as you say it doesnt even match his ENGINE which is his true strength. And anyways skocic realized this and subbed on saeid in those games, and nour way way better in B2B role, see his assist for taremi's goal vs bahrain.

So in summary: If fit, saeid must start bc he is our only true CDM with defensive nous to cover the backline, Saman must start bc he is our most technical player and only midfielder we have who is capable of keeping possession, next to them in B2B role there is amiri or nour. IF milad is not ready to go at LB then yes, amiri there and nour in B2B role.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              haj agha dont resort to calling people "kids" who disagree with you. Im sure you can make your point in other ways.

Reality is anybody who knows or played even a little bit of football knows you cannot start midfield three of amiri--Nour--Hajsafi...It wont get you to a world cup, and if by some miracle you make it there it will be a true embarassment. For me nour is is B2B role rotating with Amiri, defensively he is not good enough to play as a cdm, see how many crucial penalties he has given away for PP even. CDM is not his place, as you say it doesnt even match his ENGINE which is his true strength. And anyways skocic realized this and subbed on saeid in those games, and nour way way better in B2B role, see his assist for taremi's goal vs bahrain.

So in summary: If fit, saeid must start bc he is our only true CDM with defensive nous to cover the backline, Saman must start bc he is our most technical player and only midfielder we have who is capable of keeping possession, next to them in B2B role there is amiri or nour. IF milad is not ready to go at LB then yes, amiri there and nour in B2B role.
                              Sorry if i offended you., i changed it to people, kids is a word i even use for our players, not in a bad way. Ma pire mardim, bayad taze khoshhal bashi behet begam kid

Comment

Back to Nour, i think he had his best ever season, i barely seen any Iranian midfielder in recent years who dominated the game in every aspect. He was even excellent in ACL and TM appearances lately.

Comment

Working...
                                X