Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Will be competition for Saman if Thomas Frank still insists on using him as a LWB for the upcoming season.
    Hickey House

Comment

Will be competition for Saman if Thomas Frank still insists on using him as a LWB for the upcoming season.
      Hickey is being brought in as a RB/RWB, per their teaser tweet for his signing earlier today.

... but yes, if Henry gets injured during the season, whenever Brentford play a 5 at the back, Saman is less likely to be slotted in at LWB as Hickey will swap flanks and Roerslev will start on the right.

Comment

Don’t think he was on bench today.
        "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Originally posted by taremiscores View Post
          Don’t think he was on bench today.
          he was not in the 22 player squad today. I think he is still not match fit.

Comment

Hickey is much more comfortable on the left. Will be interesting to see how he plays on the right (the Ukraine qualifier game was a tough one for him on the right ).

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
              Hickey is being brought in as a RB/RWB, per their teaser tweet for his signing earlier today.

... but yes, if Henry gets injured during the season, whenever Brentford play a 5 at the back, Saman is less likely to be slotted in at LWB as Hickey will swap flanks and Roerslev will start on the right.
              A Scottish lad on another forum I use was also hoping Brentford develop him into a RB and I was confused as to why given he's a LB, but like you mentioned he's being brought in to play as a RB for Brentford.

Comment

Brentford bring in the famous rugby coach Ben Ryan

https://www.theguardian.com/football...clive-woodward

Comment

"This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Comment

A Scottish lad on another forum I use was also hoping Brentford develop him into a RB and I was confused as to why given he's a LB, but like you mentioned he's being brought in to play as a RB for Brentford.
                      It's likely because Scotland's 2 highest value defenders are both left backs by trade; Robertson at Liverpool, Tierney at Arsenal. Scotland tend to play 5 at the back with Tierney in a back 3 and Robertson at LWB but it's going to be harder for Hickey to break into the national team on that side. I imagine that's why he's open to going to a Premier League club as a first choice RB. His versatility increases his value to the national team while pitting himself against Nathan Patterson, who is a 2nd choice RB at Everton.

He's both footed and has played both flanks in defence and even at midfield for Hearts, before he moved to Bologna and featured almost exclusively as a LB/LWB.

So it's understandable why people think he's a LB but he can play a few positions so is pretty much a utility player. He should adapt to RB quite well for Brentford.

Comment

Saman starting against VfB Stuttgart

Comment

lets hope this image isnt a preview of next season .... (him passing out on the bench from boredom/heat-stroke..? )

our baby boy looks bit too chubby here to be a pro footballer ..? hopefully its just an angle of pic
                          ps
                          link to game please 🙏 nevermind found it on Hesagoal
                          Last edited by BacheLot; 07-16-2022, 06:14 AM.

Comment

^ BL jan, where have you been, dadash? You've been quiet in all this Skocic/CQ drama.

Comment

Ghoddos khososiate aslish BAAZISAAZI ast va agar yek baazisaaz raa ke sor'atesh anchenan balaa nist dar poste baale chap bezaari

be nazare man yek kaare AHMAGHAANEH ast.

Frank ya ahle Mey zadan ast, ya kamboode jaygozin dar on post daare.
                              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Saman has always had a bit of a belly. Part of it is his natural body shape, I think he has a lumbar lordosis like Raheem Sterling does.

I do think that his fitness suffered though because of the Amiens disaster

Comment

Working...
                                X