No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd give Saman a 7/10 rating yesterday. Much of which was for his defensive contribution yesterday.

He effectively played 2 positions. He was a RWB out of possession and a RW in possession.

Defensively, he was excellent. He kept Sessegnon in his pocket, marking him well and blocking most of his crosses. There were excellent moments where he showed good defensive awareness off the ball, like when CB was drawn out of possession by a Spurs player and he read the run of another Spurs player into the box and blocked out the pass.

His first touch let him down on occasions or brought avoidable pressure on him from the opposition. His lack of speed was yet again an evident chink in his attributes and on occasion he made some lazy passes that turned over possession so not his best offering offensively today.

His injury was an unfortunate coming together, tangle of legs with a Spurs player in the box. He kept dropping down as clearly injured but tried to play on as Spurs were in possession fin the Brentford half for about 30 seconds when the injury happened. Credit to him for that.

Also a lovely moment when he came off the pitch where I was standing and hobbled half of the ground to the bench, to a majority standing applause by the fans and returning high fives and fist bumps to those on the front row. I think generally most Brentford fans appreciated his contribution yesterday which is evident on their forum and even the replies on their Twitter man of the match poll due to his absence as an option. Jansson or Toney were man of the match for me.

I think he's been coached in that WB position very well and seemed to be taking less direction from the touchline than he did in those appearances as LWB earlier in the season. He really proved that he can cover for Henry or hopefully a new RWB next season if Brentford continue with a back 3 and he has that defensive cover... and if he remains at the club.

I think given we're going to set up defensively (I hope) in most world cup games, it's not a bad thing he's getting coached as a wing back. It would be interesting to see him get a few games there in any friendlies we manage to arrange against decent opposition.

Comment

If he keeps up, he need to start as RW in WC. JB can play as left.
      Gholi shouldn't start in WC anyway.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't care if he's pocketing Salah and Son at RWB for Bees and grabbing 12 assists a game, given he's the only Iranian midfielder with a functioning brain now that Ezza is semi-retired, we need him in the middle.

Comment

im still convinced there isnt a real future for him at Brentford/epl and needs to look for a decent EU alternative club where he can be far more guaranteed game minutes in the run up to WC..!!

yesterday's Start was primarily due to too many key regular players missing due to injury or whatnot, Brentford EPL safety was pretty much guaranteed pre match too ... !!
          In Frank's mind he is still pretty much a reserve, situational sub, depth chart player and that much hasnt changed much imho..!!?

the only positives are that with new season and club's involvement in Cup matches, at least initially he'll be afforded more minutes than usual ....!!

for him to truly work himself into a far more frequent Starter considerations , he needs to still further up his personal fitness and stamina and as Kavian mentioned earlier he also needs to become more assertive out there in games and approach his games with his former confidence and superior vigor..!! Frank has really killed that aspect of his game by constantly move him into unfamiliar positions on the pitch and demand of him way too fking strict playing instructions ... he still looks unsure of his immense qualities as a footballer and what really makes him special..!!
          in my book in terms playmaking and feeding the frontline of Brentford even this dude Erickson aint got shit on him besides better Fitness/stamina and league experience..!!

in yesterday's game he quickly released a brilliant searching long ball towards Toney, but the spurs keeper barreled through him .... coulda well been a red card worthy foul, had Toney taken closer control of that ball before the keeper clashed into him ...!! had that quick thinking absolute brilliant chance was created by Erickson or that other goozoo Jensen everybody woulda right now been sucking their dicks all over the social media..!!

Comment

Comment

This is flash backs of when they tried to use ARJ as wingback at Brighton.

The silver lining is he was able to get minutes, improve his defensive skills, and maintain his fitness. But Ghoddos is too offensively talented (passing, composure on the ball, shooting) to be used like this…

He needs to go somewhere where he can better hone/express his offensive skills. Not be stifled.

Really wish he could go to La Liga somehow…

Comment

so his injury isn't that serious?
                Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by Prowess View Post
                  This is flash backs of when they tried to use ARJ as wingback at Brighton.
                  The silver lining is he was able to get minutes, improve his defensive skills, and maintain his fitness. But Ghoddos is too offensively talented (passing, composure on the ball, shooting) to be used like this…
                  He needs to go somewhere where he can better hone/express his offensive skills. Not be stifled.
                  Really wish he could go to La Liga somehow…
                  It is not a bad thing to play in different positions. It makes a better player outa you. He did well actually. An offensive defender is a good player to have in any style team. Zaido does a lota good for Porto. EPL is the top league and to play in it is a dream come true for any player. He should work hard much harder than ARJ
                  هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                  نگاه میکنید.
                  sigpic
                  I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

a lot of being a soccer player is u know is the salary. Doubt he can get the wages he's getting at Brentford elsewhere.

People need to stop arm chair life coaching the guy
                    Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                      in my book in terms playmaking and feeding the frontline of Brentford even this dude Erickson aint got shit on him besides better Fitness/stamina and league experience..!!
                      Your book is a work of fiction then?... Best of luck finding a publisher.

It seems mad that you want to compare the two on footballing ability but patriotism will do crazy things to a man's sense of reality. But if a guy who had a heart attack 10 months ago is fitter and has more stamina than Ghoddos... what does that say about Ghoddos' physique or health regime?

Your "belief" is almost up there with whomever posted (not as a joke) earlier this season something to the effect that Mason Mount is a poor man's Vahid Amiri... bearing in mind that Mount had just won the Champions League, been runner up at the Euros and was nominated for the Ballon D'Or

This forum does crack me up at times...

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                        a lot of being a soccer player is u know is the salary. Doubt he can get the wages he's getting at Brentford elsewhere.

People need to stop arm chair life coaching the guy
                        highly doubt Saman is making all that much at Brentford ...!! although he'd likely still have to take a bit of a paycut to play in poorer but still decent EU leagues..??
                        his situation is vastly different from ARJ...! regardless of all the diplomatic/bs excuses he gave to the media for staying put at Brighton under a clearly hopeless situation, alireza knew full well he'd never again be able to come even close to making the sorta wages he was earning at Brighton in any other EU team/league...! probably not even in Ayrab/china will he ever again be offered such high salary..? the guy even largely risked his TM career on it by staying put and milking it for as long as possible..!!
                        TBH, I dont blame him for that decision either... i'd done the same if i were in his shoes..!

on the other hand i think Saman still has time and more importantly the Potential to resurrect his once very promising EU club career.... he certainly possesses the inherent quality for it and after after a 2-3 years of little miles/ on pitch action, he probably still has the health and legs to extend his playing days well into his low 30s and possibly earn a lucrative move after a year putting his skills on display in a lower profile Eu/team..!!

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                          I don't care if he's pocketing Salah and Son at RWB for Bees and grabbing 12 assists a game, given he's the only Iranian midfielder with a functioning brain now that Ezza is semi-retired, we need him in the middle.
                          Yeah maybe I just got a bit too excited about his defensive display yesterday. Obviously we're not blessed with midfield talent and has good experience as a box to box midfielder for Brentford last season

I think Skocic would be wise to test Brentford's 3-5-2 if we get decent friendlies in the summer because I see us getting 0 points in the world cup in that group if he just goes in hell for leather with the same set up as the qualifiers, hoping that Taremi and Azmoun will save us. England will murder us if we play with a front 3 and attacking mid.

If we did try out that formation, he's got to be in a midfield 3 with Ezza and whoever else is the least disastrous option.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                            Your book is a work of fiction then?... Best of luck finding a publisher.

It seems mad that you want to compare the two on footballing ability but patriotism will do crazy things to a man's sense of reality. But if a guy who had a heart attack 10 months ago is fitter and has more stamina than Ghoddos... what does that say about Ghoddos' physique or health regime?

Your "belief" is almost up there with whomever posted (not as a joke) earlier this season something to the effect that Mason Mount is a poor man's Vahid Amiri... bearing in mind that Mount had just won the Champions League, been runner up at the Euros and was nominated for the Ballon D'Or

This forum does crack me up at times...
                            you just repeated what i already said...
                            Sammy's personal fitness/stamina and form is shitt.... honestly been shitt for quite sometimes now (probably since his departure from Ostersund.?)
                            but in terms of playmaking vision, deft touch, ball control, set piece deliveries ....even Erickson ham bayad bere jolosh boogh bezane..!!

but it is what it is ... imo AK8 was better than Xavi too on those fronts.... but they aint got the stamina/fitness and form to keep up with the pace of the top level football .... then these guys simply can not show/prove their superiority and doomed to being forced to step down in Club career to still manage game time ..!

Comment

Saman needs to work hard on the pitch. He has it in him. If he does that every single minute he gets on the pitch he will be a starter. The best example is Otavio. This guy sure makes a few mistakes some of them even fatal. But he has found himself a nice little "get in there" style and everyone loves that style too. It is an easy style to get into. It works well within any team with any tactics and game plan. Saman is capable of that style but hey like someone said who are we to dictate.
                              هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                              نگاه میکنید.
                              sigpic
                              I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan_REAL1 View Post
                                Doubt he can get the wages he's getting at Brentford elsewhere.
                                He's on £15,000 a week. I'm sure he can find that at a big club in European competition outside the top 4 leagues. Portugal, Greece, Turkey... If such a club wanted him and he wanted to move there

Besides, if a decent club a step down from the Premier League wanted him as a starter but couldn't match the salary I'm sure he strongly consider the move to get regular football.

Comment

Working...
                                X