Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
    Brentford fan posting on Twitter that Saman left the stadium on crutches. Hopefully just a precaution - guy can’t catch a break.
    What today will show to potential suitors is his versatility and his determination.
    Damn that doesn't sound good.

I'm speculating now: but maybe his less confrontational demenour up until the recent past had to do with a (sub?-)concious fear of getting re-injured.

It would be sadly ironic that now that he plays more physical again if he indeed gets re-injured badly.

Fingers crossed that's it's no serious lasting injury!

Comment

Lets hope for an ankle sprain rather than ankle break.
      Original Ehsan of IK ISP and PFDC from 1999/2000!

Comment

Once again Saman showing that he needs to be given consistent playing time with team Melli.
        I'm not talking about being subbed after 45 minutes, or getting trash end of match minutes.
        The guy is overall top 5 player in our roster and any decent coach should be able to find a way to fit him in the lineup. He can player FW, AMF, CM and WB. I don't believe this nonsense that he isn't as good defensively as our current midfielders. He has proven he can handle EPL players.

He can do what Gholi does better than him, he can do what Ahmad and Sarlak do better than them, and if we were to play with a WB setup, he would be a better option than Sadegh, Milmo, Hardani or whoever he would have to compete with.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
          Once again Saman showing that he needs to be given consistent playing time with team Melli.
          I'm not talking about being subbed after 45 minutes, or getting trash end of match minutes.
          The guy is overall top 5 player in our roster and any decent coach should be able to find a way to fit him in the lineup. He can player FW, AMF, CM and WB. I don't believe this nonsense that he isn't as good defensively as our current midfielders. He has proven he can handle EPL players.

He can do what Gholi does better than him, he can do what Ahmad and Sarlak do better than them, and if we were to play with a WB setup, he would be a better option than Sadegh, Milmo, Hardani or whoever he would have to compete with.
          exactly. We have 3 players who are actually what I would term "higher caliber" players that can truly hold their own against the worlds best week in and week out. Saman's fitness prevented him from excelling in past year+, but its clear that now he has it fixed, he is not out of place on the pitch with players like son, kane, etc. The other 2 are ofc azmoun and taremi. These 3 players need to be on the pitch whenever TM plays, no questions asked. The rest can be rotated in and out depending on form, fitness, opposition, how they develop, etc.

Comment

I wouldn’t be surprised if we run a 5-3-2 formation against England like the below. I feel like it highlights our strengths and would help with current defensive weaknesses. I left GK blank since I think abedzadeh and beiranvand are interchangeable at this point.

———————-—-GK———————————
            ——-Khalilzadeh-Kanaani-M. Hosseini———
            Jahanbakhsh——————————Noorafkan
            ————Amiri-Ezatollahi-Ghoddos————-
            ———————Azmoun-Taremi——————

Allahyar as the first sub at 60th minute if we’re needing a goal and need some young legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
              I wouldn’t be surprised if we run a 5-3-2 formation against England like the below. I feel like it highlights our strengths and would help with current defensive weaknesses. I left GK blank since I think abedzadeh and beiranvand are interchangeable at this point.

———————-—-GK———————————

Allahyar as the first sub at 60th minute if we’re needing a goal and need some young legs.
              I would even strongly consider shifting moharrami to lwb if ARJ is taking the right. Dinamo just fired their coach so he might get some more mins to close season. In general for all of his issues he is still many level above norafkan. Rest looks very solid

Comment

Congrats to Saman for playing well

Massive point today HOW IN THE HELL IS AHMAD NOURIAHLLI AND OMID NOURIAFKHAN EVEN STILL ON THR TEAM , they like skocic power couple , his 1 2 punch 🥊 when he needs players

I mean fine we have to deal with skocic now , but can’t he at least the right players at least

Saman is in a while different class , he rubbing shoulders against world class players

Ahmad is now a bench Warmer for a team in UAE and Omid is basically the worst player on sephahan

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post

———————-—-GK———————————

Nourafkan??

Comment

For me, either Ezatollahi hires a fitness and nutrition coach and loses 2 pounds a week until WC or we put Nour in his spot...:

3-4-3

-------------------Amir--------------------
                    --------Khalilzadeh-Kanaani-Hosseini
                    Ghoddos-----------------------------Amiri
                    ------------Ebrahimi- Ezatollahi---------
                    --Jahanbakhsh--Azmoun---Taremi------

Allahyar subbing for Jahanbakhsh or vise versa
                    Shahab subbing for Azmoun
                    Mohebi is the backup for Taremi
                    Nour and Mehdipour are the backups for Ezatollahi or Ebrahimi
                    Moharam is the backup for Ghoddos
                    Nourafkan is the backup for Amiri
                    Pouraliganji and two more CBs are the backups for our 3 CB positions
                    Beiro backing up Amir

Payman should be our 3rd goal keeper
                    We should take Hosseinzadeh just as an investment for our future
                    We should take Milad just in case we need to revert to a defensive back 4 formation.
                    Ansarifard is the last to round out the 26 man squad.

Harsh on Gholizadeh for not making the cut but he has been not so good for club or country lately. Also, harsh on Hajsafi and I can see potentially taking him instead of Milad or Nourafkan.

Comment

Great game by the Bees and Saman did very well. Hopefully his injury is minor.
                      BTW, IMHO an overweight Saeed blindfolded and in a Wheelchair is better than Koorollahi.

Comment

Good weekend for our boys

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by zahedika View Post
                          Great game by the Bees and Saman did very well. Hopefully his injury is minor.
                          BTW, IMHO an overweight Saeed blindfolded and in a Wheelchair is better than Koorollahi.
                          Did you see his last game in Asian cup? His wheelchair had two flat tires.

Comment

I’m a big Ghoddos fan and I believe be should start every game for us as he’s a huge help in tight spaces, but let’s not forget his last couple of games in TM were not great.
                            It coincided with lack of playing time in Brentford so I put it down to match fitness.
                            I hope he’s ok and we have a healthy and in form Ghoddos ready to score a 35 yarder against England.

Comment

He need to be at his best with our terrible midfielder situation

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                                Saman’s return to top fitness levels was a long cycle. When he first arrived at Brentford he was at his worst but by the beginning of Brentford’s start to the premier league season he was back to where he was (he said it himself in an interview somewhere). And that was also the time where he was starting to get some defensive duties from frank too…..that was September-october 2021. At that time there is no way in hell Ahmad Nour was a better option as a CM than saman.

Also Skocic gets 0 credit for the games he started saman. He only did that bc nour wasn’t an option in those games or was recovering from an injury….he doesn’t have the common sense u fortunately to be able to see that saman is not just better but simply in another level of class compared to nour.
                                Barring fitness & form issue i agree that Sammy is twice the overall quality of a CM that Ahmad nour could be on his best day…!
                                but as a R or L CM (with the slim pickings of fully fit CM options in TM of late) id still trust Ahmad nour more than the likes of hajsafi/Gholi or an outa-of-form Arj or an unfit Samman going into world cup..! Especially so in our wc group this year..!
                                WC action certainly aint for the faint of heart or even half-in-form players ..! Every damn game is often played at simply Maddening Pace & intensity..!
                                I dont give a fk how great of a technical & fancy foot player you maybe, if you can not keep up with the high intensity & physicality of a usual WC encounter, you simply aint gonna figure much in its final outcome … ..! Dont believe me then go ask Ak8 in 2006 & shojaee or even Azmoun in 2018 wc ..!
                                In both WCs … Our Most Effective players were quite possibly two of the poorer players in terms of technicality & quality wise(Ando,Amiri)..!

Optimal Fitness and Stamina are first and foremost of the ABSOLUTE NECESSITIES heading into WC .... Only then after your Class and Quality as footballer can become a difference maker in the final outcome of the match..!

Comment

Working...
                                X