No announcement yet.

Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only upside to his situation being similar o Jahanbaksh is how JB turned out for TM.

Jahanbaksh was so deeply pissed off about his situation in England that as soon as he got a chance to play regularly for TM, he had something to prove!

If Skocic will play Goddos, it could turn out similarly to JB.

Just put yourself in their shoes: you work hard, you've proven you're a good player, you KNOW you are a good player, yet you're nailed to the bench in your club for a long time. Yet, you're a professional (and getting a nice fat paycheck to boot), so you shut up and play the part. You keep training hard to stay in shape and perform well in the limited time you get.

Then, you get a chance to play for your country, except now you're actually appreciated and get a lot of playing time. It's only natural that you are going to get a massive boost in motivation!

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
      Hmm he must have stayed bcuz of the great food, fantastic weather and all the beutiful woomen.. oh wait
      oh yeah, maybe it was the great fans then ?
      [CUT]
      get oout, saman, get ooooooout!
      Make unseen. Erase memory. Advance to next page.

Comment

Originally posted by ParthianDE View Post
        Make unseen. Erase memory. Advance to next page.
        Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by somebuffguy View Post
          Going to the EPL for Iranian players is a mistake! They English suck, anyway. When was the last time they won anything? Going to their leagues is a huge mistake.
          it's just an extremely Rich thus imo the most Competitive league out there..! hence teams there often get their pick of litter with deep stack back-ups in nearly all positions to boot ..!
          even a newly promoted, relatively poor teams like Brentford are seemingly stacked 2-3 sometimes more quality options on most all positions in their team, barring perhaps RB ..!?

as a result, most often Patience run rather thin with fan base, mgmt, coaches and many new players are not afforded the necessary game minutes to get properly bed ...!!

add to above the general pessimistic general view of iran/iranians amongst brits and their thinly veiled prejudices(often behind thick wall of sarcasm ) then you have the general cunt like demeanors easily spawning against our footballers outside the pitch too (like that of Pothead vs ARJ..!)

so in short .... this isnt at all a suitable league destination for Promising talents hoping to flourish in to a star (unless local brits) ...! if you already a proven top cliber footballer and especially if EPL teams fork over large Sum$$$ to acquire your services then that is just about the only way you'll be guaranteed playing enough minutes to get yourself up to the level of competition..!

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
            Hmm he must have stayed bcuz of the great food, fantastic weather and all the beutiful woomen.. oh wait
            oh yeah, maybe it was the great fans then ?¨

get oout, saman, get ooooooout!
            This is actually hilarious! The first photo should be a postcard lol

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              it's just an extremely Rich thus imo the most Competitive league out there..! hence teams there often get their pick of litter with deep stack back-ups in nearly all positions to boot ..!
              even a newly promoted, relatively poor teams like Brentford are seemingly stacked 2-3 sometimes more quality options on most all positions in their team, barring perhaps RB ..!?

as a result, most often Patience run rather thin with fan base, mgmt, coaches and many new players are not afforded the necessary game minutes to get properly bed ...!!

add to above the general pessimistic general view of iran/iranians amongst brits and their thinly veiled prejudices(often behind thick wall of sarcasm ) then you have the general cunt like demeanors easily spawning against our footballers outside the pitch too (like that of Pothead vs ARJ..!)

so in short .... this isnt at all a suitable league destination for Promising talents hoping to flourish in to a star (unless local brits) ...! if you already a proven top cliber footballer and especially if EPL teams fork over large Sum$$$ to acquire your services then that is just about the only way you'll be guaranteed playing enough minutes to get yourself up to the level of competition..!
              What surprise me is how so many English clubs took so many Iranian players if they are racist toward us.
              On the other hand, spain/Italy seems to be more ok but we have almost 0 legionnaire there

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                What surprise me is how so many English clubs took so many Iranian players if they are racist toward us.
                On the other hand, spain/Italy seems to be more ok but we have almost 0 legionnaire there
                And people forget how Dejagah tore it up for Fulham...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
                  prejudice and racist aren't the same thing in this context. It has more to do with giving opportunities to less proven players despite their flashes of brilliance.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
                    I think you are unrealistic bro, that's the core problem and why we are unlikely to agree on a number of things in football. I thought what Queiroz did based on what he inherited was nothing short of astounding, still giving dividends to this day.

Brentford play possession-based and attacking football, the fact that Frank hasn't compromised on his ethos and is in this position is impressive, given Norwich also had a counter-attacking style (with less possession) with Daniel Farke but he just couldn't get results with this on the move up to premier league and hence the "yoyo years". Frank being able to consolidate in the premier league without compromising his style is flipping impressive to me. Sure he needs to build on this, but your arguments against him just don't seem that relevant or important to me. Same as against Queiroz.

Being pragmatic and knowing what the situation is, and adjusting expectations is healthy.
                    BTW...calling me utopian or unrealistic seems a bit hypocritical considering the many calls for CQ to come and save TM...a guy who according to Egyptian FA is still their coach and under contract with 8 months before WC...I guess crazier things have happened and I would hate to discourage the dreamers.

Comment

Just to caveat that I'm not picking on you but your the only one doubling down on your position which is just horrendously misjudged. There are others but they are remaining quiet today.

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                      With his average lineup they struggled mightily. He is also reluctant to make changes when game isn't going his way. Often waiting late.
                      You sure about that?...

Also as I pointed out earlier

And...

I'm immediately thinking how does Brentford capitalize and move forward from this win. Others might be thinking yes Brentford moves away from relegation. Different philosophies...
                      That's not really how a 38 league game season works... clubs like this have to treat every game as a cup final. Especially against the big teams. Besides, 90 mins of football is so random. They've done well most of this season but not had the rub of the green. There have been a handful of games where they've been the worst team and one game I can remember that they were lucky to win (West Ham away).

They set up to play each team differently... Not in terms of formation (we all know the 5-3-2 has been a main stay) but in terms of game plan, how hard they press, how heavy they rely on set pieces. Each opponent has different qualities. I've watched them close down the middle on some teams and allow them space out wide, to resort to the crossing game and their defence has gobbled up every cross. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. By and large they've been undone by some crazy quality long range efforts this season... Today against Rudiger, Chilwell in the reverse fixture (their only shot on target and a game Brentford didn't deserve to lose), Tielemens at home to Leicester (another game they should never have lost), at home to Brighton, Norwich and Wolves. These are goals they don't really concede in the championship because the quality of player isn't anywhere near the level of the Premier League. Freak goals some might say. Tielemens on xG is classed as 1 in 100. You can't account for these. The playing field isn't level. If ppl think Brentfords squad is staked everywhere but RB, why aren't those players being paid the same salary as some Championship teams.

Tell me...what has Ghoddos done to not deserve any time?
                      Good point. By and large he has played well when called upon this season. The only game he was terrible that I can recall was against Leicester, but he only played 15 mins. There might have been another but in most he had a positive influence or was neutral. He scored against Burnley when everyone else was terrible. Had an assist against Norwich (I think?). Won a late penalty away to Watford that won them the game... I think he's been good when he's played but I don't think he fits into the teams overall game plan.

He doesn't press well enough. He's too slow both in mobility and time on the ball for this league. But he has hit some lovely passes, it's just not enough for a team who see less of the ball. Eriksen on the other hand has shown everyone on here why it's comical that he was being compared to Ghoddos... They are absolutely world's apart in terms of quality.

Was he not instrumental in helping them move up to premiere league last year?
                      Not really. He barely had any meaningful contribution to the 2nd half of last season. Mostly came off the bench. That was back when he admitted he wasn't fit when he joined the club. I thought his best game was against Sheffield Wednesday but he didn't do enough in a team that was very potent in attack. His stats in 40 league games was 3 goals and 2 assists. Terrible for a forward player in an attacking team.

Look at how much guys like Jensen get to play despite poor performances
                      Even Brentford fans don't appreciate how effective Jensen has been this season (see below) but both are as bad as each other at closing down players. I remember yelling at his "defending" from the West stand (the stand with the hardcore Brentford fans) towards the end of that Wolves home game.

Comment

Originally posted by Malkay View Post
                        Just to caveat that I'm not picking on you but your the only one doubling down on your position which is just horrendously misjudged. There are others but they are remaining quiet today.

You sure about that?...

Also as I pointed out earlier

And...

That's not really how a 38 league game season works... clubs like this have to treat every game as a cup final. Especially against the big teams. Besides, 90 mins of football is so random. They've done well most of this season but not had the rub of the green. There have been a handful of games where they've been the worst team and one game I can remember that they were lucky to win (West Ham away).

They set up to play each team differently... Not in terms of formation (we all know the 5-3-2 has been a main stay) but in terms of game plan, how hard they press, how heavy they rely on set pieces. Each opponent has different qualities. I've watched them close down the middle on some teams and allow them space out wide, to resort to the crossing game and their defence has gobbled up every cross. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. By and large they've been undone by some crazy quality long range efforts this season... Today against Rudiger, Chilwell in the reverse fixture (their only shot on target and a game Brentford didn't deserve to lose), Tielemens at home to Leicester (another game they should never have lost), at home to Brighton, Norwich and Wolves. These are goals they don't really concede in the championship because the quality of player isn't anywhere near the level of the Premier League. Freak goals some might say. Tielemens on xG is classed as 1 in 100. You can't account for these. The playing field isn't level. If ppl think Brentfords squad is staked everywhere but RB, why aren't those players being paid the same salary as some Championship teams.

Good point. By and large he has played well when called upon this season. The only game he was terrible that I can recall was against Leicester, but he only played 15 mins. There might have been another but in most he had a positive influence or was neutral. He scored against Burnley when everyone else was terrible. Had an assist against Norwich (I think?). Won a late penalty away to Watford that won them the game... I think he's been good when he's played but I don't think he fits into the teams overall game plan.

He doesn't press well enough. He's too slow both in mobility and time on the ball for this league. But he has hit some lovely passes, it's just not enough for a team who see less of the ball. Eriksen on the other hand has shown everyone on here why it's comical that he was being compared to Ghoddos... They are absolutely world's apart in terms of quality.

Not really. He barely had any meaningful contribution to the 2nd half of last season. Mostly came off the bench. That was back when he admitted he wasn't fit when he joined the club. I thought his best game was against Sheffield Wednesday but he didn't do enough in a team that was very potent in attack. His stats in 40 league games was 3 goals and 2 assists. Terrible for a forward player in an attacking team.

Even Brentford fans don't appreciate how effective Jensen has been this season (see below) but both are as bad as each other at closing down players. I remember yelling at his "defending" from the West stand (the stand with the hardcore Brentford fans) towards the end of that Wolves home game.

Appreciate the post but you are singling me out. Look above. Expected points is meaningless. These are hypothetical stats. No one can accurately predict. This is like another very shady approach...man games lost to injury that you see commonly quoted in North American sports. These are all part of the gameSo what we can really look at are results wins, losses, goals for an against. They are -11 goals ratio and played more games than every team below them. Teams 15 and 16 in the league can pass them with a win. They likely will survive relegation...but that too is at risk with a loss or 2.

You made some good arguments. I just want to point out I do believe Eriksen deserves a starting spot. He is world class and head and shoulders above Ghoddos for sure. However I was surprised how many minutes he got so quickly from a serious injury. Clearly he deserves it and has put the work in...that was just surprising to me given how he was never expected to return. No arguments from me there. I also admit I haven't followed Brentford closely but from what I have seen I wasn't impressed including Frank's post match comments.

Comment

Iranian fans' hate turning from the manager, to the team, to the club, to the country, and eventually to the player. All in the face of hard stats and xG models. This all sounds very familiar so please allow me to copy over my post from the ARJ thread.

Credit to ARJ/Saman for sticking with the team and club. Move and it'll be to some farmer league and he will slip into complete irrelevance whereas at least now there's a small chance he plays a few worthwhile minutes amongst the best whilst getting coached and trained by the best

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                            Iranian fans' hate turning from the manager, to the team, to the club, to the country, and eventually to the player. All in the face of hard stats and xG models. This all sounds very familiar so please allow me to copy over my post from the ARJ thread.

Credit to ARJ/Saman for sticking with the team and club. Move and it'll be to some farmer league and he will slip into complete irrelevance whereas at least now there's a small chance he plays a few worthwhile minutes amongst the best whilst getting coached and trained by the best
                            Oh don't get me wrong. I don't think Ghoddos should quit this team. Nor Arj for that matter. But I do hope they both earn more chances. We just haven't seen any minutes for Ghoddos for some time. Even in a 4-1 victory. So chances are he is far down the depth chart and will likely be moved.

Comment

Ghoddos is not going to be playing for this team, it is very clear. He needs to leave ASAP
                              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Karimi 8 View Post
                                Ghoddos is not going to be playing for this team, it is very clear. He needs to leave ASAP
                                Agreed. WC is around the corner and Saman is just being moved further onto the bench. It's time for a loan and perhaps a good WC performance combined with that will drive up his price for Brentford to sell. Perfect win-win for all involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X