Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved that crazy goal cele of him
    Almost yeki mohkam zad poshte Kallehye poor kid Roersleve & then choke-hold the young lad to the ground
    ..! Lol 😂 “ Whiteee Lives Matter too Sammy” ..!
    Last edited by BacheLot; 01-02-2022, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Voted best player of the match by the public on the BBC ratings page.

Comment

BBC player of the match.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59792573

Comment

This pass began the advance to the final goal by Brentford. His ball control is superb

Comment

A great performance, you know what that means, he’ll be benched for the next three league games as a consequence.
            --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
            --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
            ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
            --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
            ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

I can't believe this club has this many injuries. Soon their whole starting lineup will be the U-21 with Saman still on the bench.
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Is this the same game? How come no mention of him scoring in this report? Bias?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...issa-roerslev/

Comment

Originally posted by Omids View Post
                  Is this the same game? How come no mention of him scoring in this report? Bias?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...issa-roerslev/
                  Probably because he didn’t score

Comment

if saman was danish he would be starting every game. dont doubt this for a second.

Comment

Well both Jensen and canos are injured.Plus Onyeka is out for african cup. So i think saman will deffo start in fa cup game.

To be honest I have mixed feelings. He performs really well when he is subbed in but performs average when he starts. Maybe he should start more games for us to judge but right now I like it when he comes in and changes the game and frank gets some good old persian "Kharo madar "foshs Also i don't want the guy to get injured at this time of the year.

Comment

seems we iranians are not deluded and brentford fans seeing how saman always positively impacts the game

true narrative

Comment

I didn't watch the game and thus have no opinion on his performance, but wanted to contribute the following to bring some balance to overly positive portrait many have given here. Like many times on many forums, there seems to often be a huge disconnect and range of opinions.

I did a brief web search and all four first hits had him rated just about average. So here we go:

Saman Ghoddos (5.5/10)- The Iranian international came on in the second half. He was sloppy on the ball and didn’t find the right balls.
                          source: https://firstsportz.com/brantford-vs...layer-ratings/

Saman Ghoddos (LWB) - 6/10
                          source: https://www.90min.com/posts/brentford-2-1-aston-villa-player-ratings-premier-league

Saman Ghoddos
                          Did very well at left wing-back against Villa's right-hand side duo Matty Cash and Bertrand Traore. 6
                          source: https://www.football.london/brentfor...rslev-22626495

Saman Ghoddos 6.8 (team average: 6.89)
                          source: https://www.sofascore.com/brentford-aston-villa/Psab

Make of this what you will, but it looks far from glowing reviews...

Comment

^^ Trust me, half of the guys writing these reviews do not even watch the game, and just write something because they have to.

I actually watched the whole game. In the first half, the Bees were pathetic. Then he was introduced very early in the second half due to an injury to Canos (I think). Yes, he was not stellar, but he was easily one of the best Bees players, and definitely better than the average of the team.

The second goal started with a very smart pass from him.
                            Sign this petition to show opposition to US/UK support for the Rajavi/MKO cult

https://chng.it/ZsSzczNC2Z

Comment

Plus it’s difficult in ratings to get a score higher than a 6 as a substitute.

Comment

imo, Sammy definitely played the impact-sub role to near perfection yesterday ...!!
                                AV were dominating brentford at their house all first half, barring the one isolated chance that resulted in the equalizing goal ...!!
                                in 2nd half AV came on hot N heavy again and for most part pin brentford deep in their own half and looked very likely to eventually get their winner from them at some point, possibly late in 2nd half..! Before Saman's entry Brentford simply looked by enlarge tame and toothless on their Counter-attacking play, so AV unworried about counter kept pressing them further up in their half of the pitch ..!
                                the Attacking/countering spark/outlet that Saman provided in absence of injured Canos can not be understated tbh... after his intro Brentford looked a far more dangerous counter attacking team and despite still conceding most of the possession stats to AV, they looked the more likely team to get the eventual winner which they did, thanks in large part to Saman and Janlet's intro from the bench..!

regardless of ☝️ , what was disappointing was the fact that barring the injury to Canos, Frank wasnt looking to get saman on till later in the 2nd half, most probably after conceding the lead to AV again..?
                                Also that you can Still see Saman is uncomfortable playing a mostly defensive role as a LWB..!! He just naturally looks more comfortable pushing up into attack than reverting into a more defensive role and eager to do so often ..!!
                                nonetheless, he looked more energetic and aggressive defending down his wing yesterday than in his former cameo appearances..! he barely connected with a couple of risky tackles that another day coulda been whistled fouls that warranted bookings..?
                                from defensive perspective, To me, he still gives his immediate markers a bit Too much Space for maneuvering past him or to send services into their box and probably would serve him best if he tightened up that defensive stance a bit and get more in their face pressing, that would get him more playing time favors from Frank..!!?
                                perhaps my best defensive Advice to him from my old playing days would be is that he certainly has the size and strength to be able to play a more combative style of defending and crowding up his immediate markers bit more.... The key to doing so effectively and not get juked and brushed aside by the pacy and fancy foot wingers in this league is good balance and more importantly FOCUSiNG SOLELY on the BALL and Positioning your body so its always blocking the danger service zone ..... most defenders get blown by easily because they get loose sight of the Ball and instead get fooled by the the marker's Body leans/shoulder, fancy step over etc..!!

Comment

Working...
                                X