Saman Ghoddos @ Brentford FC | 2021-22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
    Saman played exactly the same position against Watford when he came on as a sub. Well, it doesn’t work that well with strong team as Chelsea. TF should of made a more direct sub with Jensen.
    Saman played further up the field against the wolves.
    I actually think Brentford's formation was completely different that game.

Comment

Not a starter in PL and Championship or with Queiroz or Skocic. Was a starter in Sweden and Ligue 1. Is it possible he is a bit overrated here?

Comment

Originally posted by mehdi13 View Post
        Not a starter in PL and Championship or with Queiroz or Skocic. Was a starter in Sweden and Ligue 2. Is it possible he is a bit overrated here?
        No. Next question

Comment

Not a starter in PL and Championship or with Queiroz or Skocic. Was a starter in Sweden and Ligue 2. Is it possible he is a bit overrated here?
          He had bad luck with covid twice. Once while he came back to Amiens and start to score against Marseille and the second now with Brent fort/united canceled

Comment

Yes absolutely.

I like ghoddos and he has some good skills like his shooting and passing.

However, time and time again, multiple coaches not starting him.... This should show us something.

He just doesn't seem to have enough defensive qualities, causing him to be a potential liability for defending.... Therefore, it's usually a risk to start ghoddos.

It's been stated by coaches and many of us that watch him that he's not at strong defensively as other options on team mellli, Brentford..... 3 different coaches with same opinion now.

This is why all his coaches have used him in the same way, in a less risky manner (only sub him in when you need to take risks to get back into the game).

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
              Yes absolutely.

However, time and time again, multiple coaches not starting him.... This should show us something.

He just doesn't seem to have enough defensive qualities, causing him to be a potential liability for defending.... Therefore, it's usually a risk to start ghoddos.

It's been stated by coaches and many of us that watch him that he's not at strong defensively as other options on team mellli, Brentford..... 3 different coaches with same opinion now.

This is why all his coaches have used him in the same way, in a less risky manner (only sub him in when you need to take risks to get back into the game).
              Then this team is not for him. It was the same story with JB and Brighton. He is a offensive player, not a LB 🤣

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                Best part of the match: Saw Taz waving the Iranian flag.

Canos is a Clown with a matching Joker smile.

Frank's formation was super defensive and was too little too late with the introduction of Toney and Saman.

This was Brentford's chance to show their stuff against a depleted Chelsea, but Frank was too conservative.
                Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                This, in a nutshell..!
                No guts …No Glory ..!
                ha ha
                didnt realize i quoted myself earlier ..!!

Saman just isnt his confidence self out there in this ultra defensive, hoof it up to embuno/toney and pray, Frank's favored game tactics..!! he is constantly forced to change to unfamiliar playing positions to boot... DCM/ RW/ LWB.. !! FFS most of time, the guy looks confused and nervous AF out there, always worried about "AM IN RIGHT PLACE?? WHAT SHOULD I DO .?? GO ON ATTACK? Oops there is a chelsea opponent behind me... should i track back and cover ??

all this Overly Specific and Strict Positional demands and Playing instructions, for a talented Attacking player who shines best when afforded much more autonomy and self creativity ..!

he should look for a loan move this winter... the longer he is forced into performing in this severely mismatched system of play the more is prone to lose confidence in his own abilities and further kill off his creative juices which are his best playing attributes..!!

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                  Yes absolutely.

some valid points being made here.!!
                  regardless of everything ... he looked especially outa sink and lethargic yesterday...! PSG said he just came off COVID .... !!?which could well explain his rather lifeless short feature of the bench yesterday..!!

Comment

Not a starter in PL and Championship or with Queiroz or Skocic. Was a starter in Sweden and Ligue 1. Is it possible he is a bit overrated here?
                    No…..

We won’t even count Skocic bc the guy is just clueless on how to get a TM starting XI right. Does not know his players strengths at all and tactically has gotten very little correct IMO so this one is easy to just disregard.

CQ used him in his natural positions as a forward where we had Taremi and Azmoun and actually rotated him pretty regularly in and out of the XI, more off the bench. Had saman been a proven decent CM/CAM as he is now I’m willing to bet it would be more starts than bench appearances

Lack of PL and Championship starts…..look no further than yesterday where Frank used him as a LB. Nothing more needs to be said on that either. A guy who uses saman as a LB should not have much credibility in this convo.
                    Team Meli Iran
                    Perspolis FC
                    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Next up: Bees vs Brighton on day after Christmas

Comment

saman will be benched again sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shantaram View Post
                          Then this team is not for him. It was the same story with JB and Brighton. He is a offensive player, not a LB 🤣
                          100%. In fact, he'd likely have to go to a lower league to be a regular starter.

He can't go to similar level team in epl because they all need to defend.

A higher level team in epl might not help him get many more minutes either. They wouldn't be behind in matches as often so they wouldn't need to risk playing saman most matches. Only if they're winning a match very comfortably by multiple goals, will they maybe bring him on to give him a chance to play / give other players chance to rest.

He's very likely going to have to go to a lower level league. I'd rather be proven wrong cuz I really like him and want him to succeed but I doubt his situation will change much in the EPL.

Comment

Brighton have several players out due to COVID, injury, and suspension (including Dunk and Bissouma). This is basically another "Chelsea light" situation for Frank. With a depleted BHA, Frank has got to come out with guns blazing without his overly defensive crap formation against Chelsea. He needs Toney up front with plenty of support in the middle (ie SAMAN) to get him legit crosses and passes (not the Hail Mary's sent up during the Chelsea match hoping by a sheer miracle they can score). If he can't win against Potter who is on a win-less streak, then Frank should just pack up and head back to the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                              Brighton have several players out due to COVID, injury, and suspension (including Dunk and Bissouma). This is basically another "Chelsea light" situation for Frank. With a depleted BHA, Frank has got to come out with guns blazing without his overly defensive crap formation against Chelsea. He needs Toney up front with plenty of support in the middle (ie SAMAN) to get him legit crosses and passes (not the Hail Mary's sent up during the Chelsea match hoping by a sheer miracle they can score). If he can't win against Potter who is on a win-less streak, then Frank should just pack up and head back to the Championship.
                              i swear if saman dont start (and jensen does!!!) or at least get 30 minutes, frank should go to championship. ahmagh

Comment

First ever season in the Premier League. I think the whole team cost about 60 million and they are in 12th place with 16 games played and 9 points clear of the relegation zone.
                                Whether we think Saman should be playing or not, I think he is alright. They are also ahead of the two teams who gained automatic promotion over them last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X