Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beiro already had a great save on a header!

Go Beiro!

Comment

Question is does he have a decent defense in front of him too?

Comment

^ So far they look much better than the Swiss cheese defense at Antwerp

Go Beiro!

Comment

Down 1-0. Zero chance to save that, great finish into top corner.

So far hes been solid, couple good saves, one good punch, kicking has been fine.

Comment

1-1, very nice goal by boavista.

Comment

So when Porto plays against Boavista, and both Mehdi and Ali are playing, who do we root for?

Comment

2-1, another nicely worked goal by boavista. Beiro so far this half hasnt been tested much, his defense made some important blocks.

He tried one of the classic long throws, good decision and nearly led to fwd being through on goal but CB managed to get a head to it.

Comment

Damn, his aerial exit are really not good.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                    Damn, his aerial exit are really not good.
                    didnt see any issues with them today. I think the one you are mentioning he came out a bit and then his defender just headed it away.

He had multiple strong punches off crosses, in general looked way less stressed out than antwerp.

Comment

Good game by Ali! good to see him get a start!

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                        So when Porto plays against Boavista, and both Mehdi and Ali are playing, who do we root for?
                        Mizanim baazie Ghaedi raa dar Al-Ahli negah mikonim.
                        DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

I caught glimpses of the game and he wasn’t tested much but the few scenes where he had to show a reaction in the 1st half he looked good….I saw one solid save and one punch.

His D looks 20x better than the trash he had in front of him at Antwerp. That alone should give him more confidence and relieve some stress.

Great result against a very solid Portuguese team in Pacos. Boavista looking stronger and stronger!
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I know its just 1 game but he looks like he turned a corner mentally speaking.

Way less stressed out and doing weird things like in antwerp. His kicking was very solid, passing solid.

A couple good saves and a few strong aerial exits. He still has work to do in this area but even in previous TM matches I noticed big improvement from him there. This was weakest part of his game pre europe.

Portuguese commentators also kept mentioning his name.

Judging from social media he has a close relationship with a lot of the players, especially those in defensive unit. This can be an important factor for him too to feel more included and comfortable. At antwerp all the gKs seemed super stressed whenever they played and all made many errors, beiro included obviously. Their defense is also way more aggressive than antwerp in closing down and not allowing space, generally speaking (although by no means perfect). One of their brightest players is 20y/0 Ecuadorian CB Porozo, 6ft4 and very quick, calm on the ball. Had another solid game tonight and basically always plays 90 for them. Lazio was after him in the summer, tbh I really think he could be great fit for porto who need another CB with pepe aging and mbemba yet to sign new deal.

I think he will take over #1 spot eventually, its just a matter of time given the age and track record of the other GK. In the meantime hope he continues to improve his communication and other areas of his game.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P3jnUJJJFw

Highlights

Comment

Originally posted by mahestan View Post
                                If Taremi scores unstoppable goals taht no GK in the world could stop them, I can live with that

Comment

Working...
                                X