Amir Abedzadeh @ SD Ponferradina | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    Yes and danial davari was playing bayern Munich before wc14. He wasn't that good finally.
    So a second division GK who had some important blunders with TM shouldn't be discussed?
    His blunders should be discussed yes. But over the last few seasons Amir has shown he is a capable goalkeeper. Beiranvand made blunders over the last few seasons in his club football and for Iran, Niazmand struggled to get a game in Portugal and hasn’t been trusted to play for Iran.
    The second division that he is playing in is the Spanish one, it’s a good level league and is competitive. I believe it is a higher standard than any of our other goalkeepers are playing at the moment. Is he prone to a mistake, yes, most goalies are these days due to the nature of the game and playing out from the back. He is comfortable to do that however and Skocic looks like he wants to play out from the back. Could he be taller, yes, but unfortunately that can’t happen.
    Did his output drop in the second half of last season, yes, becoming our number one keeper and also the media attention he got from the thing with his dad seemed to unsettle him. The good thing is though that so far he seems to have bounced back at the beginning of this season.
    Is he a better keeper that Davari, yes.

Comment

Team haven’t made a good start and are 2-0 down at home to Gijon after 30 mins. Not watching the game so no idea If any were down to Abedzadeh.

Comment

They lost 3-1. They had more chances and more of the ball - similar pattern to last year.

Comment

Seems like he reed big time

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just saw Abedzadeh latest sooti. Thanksfully with CQ the guy won't be near n°1. I am also starting to think he should be crossed off the squad.

Comment

How has he Been this season? I have only seen him for TM and he has made a couple of mistakes. Plus I dont trust his “im too cool” saves, where he tries to save the ball as cool as possible. But I dont know which form Beiro is in either. Damn we need a reliable keeper

Comment

Just saw Abedzadeh latest sooti. Thanksfully with CQ the guy won't be near n°1. I am also starting to think he should be crossed off the squad.
                If you don’t want him as number 1 I’m fine with that but come on please stop exaggerating with the nonsense that he should be axed from the list. The gap between him and anyone who is not beiro is huge….plz don’t compare Liga adelante and liga nos to pgpl goalies who have a sooti every single game
                Team Meli Iran
                Perspolis FC
                Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Are you talking about this?

Comment

Originally posted by Leicester City View Post

Are you talking about this?
                    Yes..

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      If you don’t want him as number 1 I’m fine with that but come on please stop exaggerating with the nonsense that he should be axed from the list. The gap between him and anyone who is not beiro is huge….plz don’t compare Liga adelante and liga nos to pgpl goalies who have a sooti every single game
                      Don't know if comparing league in which GK play is the good way to look at it. Of course, I always favor an Euro legionnaire over the rest. But there is some good exceptions.

Beiro was playing in crappy IPL in 2018 and faced top european league players against Portugal, Spain & Morocco. And he did excellent. He wasn't that good after his joined Belgium and Portugal. Even IPL Haghighi was good at WC14.
                      At the contrary, Davari was playing in bundesliga (I remember him having a good game against Bayern) and was very poor with TM (and rapidly declined in Bundesliga).

There is so many average/bad players that play in european leagues (even sometimes in big clubs). ditto with average players that do very good once in a while against a top team.

IMO mental and self confidence is key for GK. Abdezadeh (current) low is very spectacular and long lasting IMO. And have/having play(ed) in a midtable spanish 2nd division or bottom portuguese club shouldn't guarantee anything. If he was doing these mistakes while being Keylor Navas, I would have agreed with you

Comment

Don't know if comparing league in which GK play is the good way to look at it. Of course, I always favor an Euro legionnaire over the rest. But there is some good exceptions.

Beiro was playing in crappy IPL in 2018 and faced top european league players against Portugal, Spain & Morocco. And he did excellent. He wasn't that good after his joined Belgium and Portugal. Even IPL Haghighi was good at WC14.
                        At the contrary, Davari was playing in bundesliga (I remember him having a good game against Bayern) and was very poor with TM (and rapidly declined in Bundesliga).

There is so many average/bad players that play in european leagues (even sometimes in big clubs). ditto with average players that do very good once in a while against a top team.

IMO mental and self confidence is key for GK. Abdezadeh (current) low is very spectacular and long lasting IMO. And have/having play(ed) in a midtable spanish 2nd division or bottom portuguese club shouldn't guarantee anything. If he was doing these mistakes while being Keylor Navas, I would have agreed with you
                        I disagree….as a goalie playing in those bottom table Portuguese teams you’re getting tested by forwards in the league on a regular basis and abedz had established himself as one of the top keepers in the league in his time there. So it’s not about just giving merit to a bottom table Portuguese team or mid table 2nd division Spanish team but rather a goalie who is playing well there getting the nod over a good performing pgpl keeper.

I agree his form is not great at the moment but that doesn’t take him away from keepers in Iran, who on a regular basis have one sooti after another. So if it’s a matter of a temporarily out of form euro based keeper vs an Iranian one who is in a comparable level…..you go with the euro based one every time.
                        Team Meli Iran
                        Perspolis FC
                        Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Abedzadeh shouldn't be anywhere close to TM list in normal situation. But we lately suck in this position again!!! Here is the reason why he will get invited. He had some good moments here and there but he finally hit the wall since end of last season up to now. People finally realizing this is the same guy who couldn't make the Rah ahan bench at 23, or didn't play a single game for Persepolis(if i am not wrong) despite his last name...
                          I mean, damesh garm, he came really long way but it stops there for him.
                          He lack few key factors for today's goalies.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Abedzadeh is still a possibility for the nr.1 spot. everybody are raving about beiro, but what makes you so certain that he will perform and be the undisputed nr 1 ? his spells in europe were disastrous and his recent tm matches were not good either, so the question is if Mazaheri is getting called up so he can submit beiro with his huge biceps

Comment

Amir is a consistent STARTER in a very competitive EU league, (something Bey couldnt manage to achieve in over a year and half trying in similarly competitive leagues.)

unfortunately/fortunately Ponferradina are barely an avg. team in this league.... hence on a regular basis amir has to deal with serious dangers in front of his goal .... obviously from repetitive dangerous action in or near his 6 yard box, naturally will result in a sooti of sorts from time to time..!

that very infrequent and occasional sooti due to near constant exposure to dangerous chances doesnt disqualify him from being even called up to TM as an GK option..!! such is a laughable claim..!!

meanwhile Bey playing the arguably the most stacked talented team in a shittt league action compared to Spanish segunda ..getting exposed to such situation very infrequently if ever Does not equate to him being a no question, superior keeper..!! let's see if he could prove himself similarly reassuring in a halfway decent EU league... unfortuantely for him he couldnt even get off the bench for us to be able to judge his comparative overall worth to amir...!! in fact got his chances a few times and for most part wet the bed and was loaned off and still couldnt get his ass off the bench..!!

ps

the Starting Keeper for TM is up in the air currently and it's very much gonna be a somewhat close call between him and Bey... with Bey the more likely to get the nod ...due to CQ's general preferences for bigger size and reach in that position than calm and composure and confidence which Amir excels at over bey..!

Comment

Some of you guys sound like you hit your head on a wall and have no clue what you’re talking about by using a temporary dip in form as a justification to erase years of respect that was earned in Europe amongst the fans of the clubs he played for and competed against with his many outstanding performances. He has way more good than bad moments and it’s not even close….you have to go very far out of your way to say otherwise.
                                Team Meli Iran
                                Perspolis FC
                                Malavan Bandar Anzali

Comment

Working...
                                X