Amir Abedzadeh @ SD Ponferradina | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
    He isn't good enough for TM. Not reliable on the long term.
    Ya Beira ya hitchkas.

better play with a "flying goalie" then aka last man behind is the goalie
    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Abedz exits vs Algeria reminded me of this Patrick Roy move, except Roy pulled it of to something now being a classic..
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429QFwN8Yy4
      Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by pajamNL View Post
        It seems that the transfer to a midtable team in the 2nd Spanish division is not a steppingstone for the Primera Division...
        What now? Another season at this level and Abedzadeh is 30, then a step higher will be harder than ever.
        What do other members think?
        He took a risk when the talks were that he had offers from other teams in Portugal and other clubs too but he said he had a dream of playing in the top league in Spain. He was also a big signing for this team and they obviously could guarantee him a starting place, maybe other clubs couldn’t do that.
        We saw last season with our other national team keepers what being out of the team can do to their confidence. He made a great start to the season and was linked with Sevilla in January but this would have meant him probably only covering their keeper who I think was at AFCON.
        He then got his chance to be starting keeper for Iran and he made a good start and then ever since the whole coverage with him with his dad it seems as if his form has dropped. Their has been some errors but also he has made some big saves.
        This is a big season for him - 30 for a keeper is still not that old. He has his flaws, as does every keeper, unfortunately he can not grow taller and he sometimes has a tendency to switch off. He used to be more vocal at Maritimo too, he hasn’t been helped by some of the actions of his defenders. They seem to go into panic mode when they take the lead , they dropped so many points last season which ruined any chance of promotion.

He has to be part of our squad - hopefully he can get his head back in the game again.

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
          Abedz exits vs Algeria reminded me of this Patrick Roy move, except Roy pulled it of to something now being a classic..
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429QFwN8Yy4
          Looking at a wider scope of his games he is the best keeper we have with his feet and is more comfortable playing it around at the back than Beiranvand. Beiro has that crazy long throw that can start counters and Amir can do the same with his feet.
          Skocic wants us to build from the back - my heart is in my mouth watching Beiro try and do that when he started in the qualifying campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
            Looking at a wider scope of his games he is the best keeper we have with his feet and is more comfortable playing it around at the back than Beiranvand. Beiro has that crazy long throw that can start counters and Amir can do the same with his feet.
            Skocic wants us to build from the back - my heart is in my mouth watching Beiro try and do that when he started in the qualifying campaign.
            Medzdidz aziz, i have to say i have a completly different view on this one.
            I believe Beira is better or atleast in similar level with his feet, and more complete goalie levels above Abedz. Much more to Beira than his long throws.
            And if it only was feet skillz stuff, we could just put Noorafkhan in goal instead of in defence
            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
              He took a risk when the talks were that he had offers from other teams in Portugal and other clubs too but he said he had a dream of playing in the top league in Spain. He was also a big signing for this team and they obviously could guarantee him a starting place, maybe other clubs couldn’t do that.
              We saw last season with our other national team keepers what being out of the team can do to their confidence. He made a great start to the season and was linked with Sevilla in January but this would have meant him probably only covering their keeper who I think was at AFCON.
              He then got his chance to be starting keeper for Iran and he made a good start and then ever since the whole coverage with him with his dad it seems as if his form has dropped. Their has been some errors but also he has made some big saves.
              This is a big season for him - 30 for a keeper is still not that old. He has his flaws, as does every keeper, unfortunately he can not grow taller and he sometimes has a tendency to switch off. He used to be more vocal at Maritimo too, he hasn’t been helped by some of the actions of his defenders. They seem to go into panic mode when they take the lead , they dropped so many points last season which ruined any chance of promotion.

He has to be part of our squad - hopefully he can get his head back in the game again.
              Nicely described and mostly agree with you.

I'm curious how someone convinced him that a transfer to a midtable club in the segunda division with no significant history would help him take a step higher (in Spain)...

I personally haven't seen much of him during his time in Spain, but judging by all the comments here and on social media, he performed good at the club.
              The fact that he is still there indicates that it was not the steppingstone he wish it would be(come)....

I hope I'm wrong and that he continues his good form in segunda division from last season and still makes a nice transfer (after the World Cup?).
              Iran deserves better, TM deserves better.
              O.G from '97 & still here

Comment

He's been a bit shaky lately, but he's still head and shoulders above anyone else we have. Only goalie who took a big risk and stuck to it in the past 10 years or so, compare him to:

- Rahmati -- threw a fit and left TM in the most vulnerable time possible. Biggest unprofessional dude.
                - Gordan -- Great goalie, shame he never left Iran. Thankfully he's had a resurgence with Foolad lately.
                - Ahmadi -- Saved us during WC14 qualification, really, truly, saved us. Not sure what happened to him afterwards.
                - Haghighi -- stints outside of Iran and eventually didn't play for 2 years.
                - Beiranvand -- left Iran after his prime, didn't last outside, and is now back.

Abedzadeh and Niazmand are the only ones trying in my mind, and given that Abedzadeh has been starting for the past few years and is at least working towards his goal, he should be the first choice now until someone performs at a similar level as him, in a similar league.
                Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Keshwardoost View Post
                  I believe Beira is better or atleast in similar level with his feet, and more complete goalie levels above Abedz. Much more to Beira than his long throws.
                  And if it only was feet skillz stuff, we could just put Noorafkhan in goal instead of in defence
                  I think Beiro is a good shot stopper and better than Abedzadeh but Amir is still decent too at it. I think he struggles with his feet and his kicks (from what I have seen over the last few seasons). He also has a tendency sometimes to flap at crosses into the box. I said somewhere before that if you took the better qualities from Abedzadeh and Beiro that we would have the keeper that we need.

Comment

Beira is probably the best goalie we had since N Hejazi..
                    Followed by Rahmati (despite what happened) and Ahmadi
                    Abedz makes me think about the times Talebloo played for TM, but worse... Remember Talebloo and the other goalie made Mirzapour look like he was better than Barthez and Oliver Kahn back then..

For me, id rather take a chance at Niazmand if Beira is injured, or even pull Rahman Ahmadi out of retirement for world cup..
                    Even in Abedz higlhlights, one sees on his saves, he drops rebound straight out almost every time. He is ok goalie but hardly top 2 in Iran eaven though he has a somewhat succesful europe career compared to poor Beira. But even there as someone wrote, europe isnt for everyone, Something about Rustu Recber being benched in some club since he didnt feel home or could the language.. didnt meen he wasnt a great goalie. same for Beira.

With that said, i also belive if a good goalie coach takes him on one and one analyzing his videos with him and give him in action advice and special training in situaions he can improve, he can take the next step up and be a ok la liga goalie, definately room for improvement and he seems to have the willingness to do it. so id say, potential for improvment he has a high sealing for sure.
                    Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Rahmati is only keeper ever in TM modern history to carry the team. What he did in one wcq have never been seen efter that. Ali beiro never been close to that because under CQ he didnt get any shots on goal.

Comment

They are a couple of mins away from a 2-1 win.

Comment

He got a 7.1 rating which is very decent.

Comment

Good start for them, 2 games in with 6 points. They need to keep their momentum unlike last season when they collapsed mid season. Maybe the WC taking place in the winter can be in their favor….time will tell.
                            Team Meli Iran
                            Perspolis FC
                            Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

It was on few IG pages that his salary is 78k a year!
                              That is less than the average of some bottom table teams on lower side budget in IPL

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                                It was on few IG pages that his salary is 78k a year!
                                That is less than the average of some bottom table teams on lower side budget in IPL
                                Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
                                There is very little money in football in Spain outside of the top 5 (really the top 3).

Comment

Working...
                                X