No announcement yet.

Amir Abedzadeh @ SD Ponferradina | 2021-2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another game where they have a lead and they end up dropping points. They were 2-0 up and played most of the game with 10 men. Eibar had a player sent off towards the end before their 91st min equaliser.
    I’d like to work out how many points they have dropped from winning positions. Think it will be a lot.
    Didn’t watch the game so no idea how Amir played.

Edit - just checked and from winning positions it is 17 points dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by Medzdidz View Post
      Another game where they have a lead and they end up dropping points. They were 2-0 up and played most of the game with 10 men. Eibar had a player sent off towards the end before their 91st min equaliser.
      I’d like to work out how many points they have dropped from winning positions. Think it will be a lot.
      Didn’t watch the game so no idea how Amir played.

Edit - just checked and from winning positions it is 17 points dropped.
      First goal, nothing he could do.
      Second goal, he got his hands on it but it went past him. He just didn't have the reach on it.
      "This is a totalitarian system whose presence people feel in their blood and in their flesh on a daily basis. And it’s one that does not grant freedoms of any kind, or accommodate people’s demands in any way. What is increasingly clear is that there is clear demand for change in the regime. What the people want is regime change, and no return to the past. There is a very real possibility of regime change." - Nasrin Sotoudeh

Comment

Abedzadeh is weaker than beiro. Abedzadeh had a good period of 2 months every season but then back to average.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
          Abedzadeh is weaker than beiro. Abedzadeh had a good period of 2 months every season but then back to average.
          His sooti was definitely bad. His double save did redeem him a bit. It was good to see him come back mentally from his sooti and not just crumble. Both Beiro has had his fair share of sootis also. We are back to circa 2014 days when we didn’t know who was going to be the GK for the World Cup.

Comment

he failed to pivot and face the shot directly /square his body against that rocket of a shot ....in order to punch it away effectively..! but tbf that was a brilliant outside effort and a quick turn and immense power behind that shot...! many keepers would not have even managed a touch to that ball coming at them 100mph..!!
            was flawless performance from him otherwise all game, especially considering the clusterfk of defensive play in front of him all game long..!!
            im next to certain we woulda conceded at least 1 more goal with Bey in goal today if not 2-3 more..!

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
              he failed to pivot and face the shot directly /square his body against that rocket of a shot ....in order to punch it away effectively..! but tbf that was a brilliant outside effort and a quick turn and immense power behind that shot...! many keepers would not have even managed a touch to that ball coming at them 100mph..!!
              was flawless performance from him otherwise all game, especially considering the clusterfk of defensive play in front of him all game long..!!
              im next to certain we woulda conceded at least 1 more goal with Bey in goal today if not 2-3 more..!
              Agree 100%… it was a sooti Abedzadeh gave up but to be honest, he bounced back and made that great double save. He also had good distribution.

I think his sooti was actually a big factor in todays loss, but I don’t think he should be dropped for one mistake when Beiro hasn’t played consistent football since 2019

Comment

Even the best goalies in the world make mistake. Amir can not be dropped for a single mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  Even the best goalies in the world make mistake. Amir can not be dropped for a single mistake.
                  More importantly, he didn't let it affect him the rest of the game.
                  He conceded at a horrible time unfortunately. Conceding right before half sucks.

Comment

It happens. He was great otherwise, no reason to press the panic button and switch everything. Our goalkeeping was our least problem on the field today.
                    Ma Bishomarim

"!خدایا ایستاده مردن را نصبیم کن که از نشسته زیستن در زلت خسته ام"
                    محمد مختاری -

"Lord, let me die standing, as I am tired of living in indignity and on my knees"
                    - Mohammad Mokhtari

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      He conceded at a horrible time unfortunately. Conceding right before half sucks.
                      Absolutely spot on - the most important take away was the fact that he was able to bounce back mentally and make an incredible double save. That was pure world class from Amir both mentally and also on the execution. He is a total beast and that’s what you need as your keeper. I really hope he doesn’t get dropped
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Amir is our number one keeper. I have been a goalie and avoiding that mistake requires split second decision whether to punch or use the palm of your hand. If you punch, you have more power but you can not guide the ball the way you want and you may give it back to the opponent. If you use your open hand, you can guide the ball out better but you are susceptible to powerful shots bouncing in somehow. He made the wrong decision because he misread the power of the shot. That happens to the best keepers in the world. As everyone else said, the way he bounced back showed what he is made of and I am sure he will learn from this and be even better. I wish Skocic and the rest of coaching staff and the whole team had bounced back the same way.

Go Amir!

Comment

If anyone thinks Abedzadeh deserves to get benched, I recommend you watch the Japan vs Australia highlights.

Abedzadeh is miles and I mean MILES better than Matthew Ryan. Most overrated keeper in Asia

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            This is very important to both points.

Arsenal and Mikael Arteta said that when they were scouting Aaron Ramsdale that they watched closely how he reacted after he had made a mistake and how well he did that led them to buy him.

Goalies make mistakes - it happens. It is magnified as a goalie mistake ends in a goal - every top goalkeeper does them , De Gea , Alison, Ederson etc

It becomes an issue when it becomes a common theme and that is not the case with Amir.

Comment

I am all in and agree that Abedzadeh should not be benched for a single - Out of habit- mistake in a game. However, I like this standard be applied to other goalie and lets say Beiro as an example.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                                If anyone thinks Abedzadeh deserves to get benched, I recommend you watch the Japan vs Australia highlights.

Abedzadeh is miles and I mean MILES better than Matthew Ryan. Most overrated keeper in Asia
                                Agreed. But even if he did deserve to get benched, you cannot bench him for one mistake when he has been so good overall. That will undermine not only his confidence, but also Beiro's confidence for TM -- knowing that a one off mistake sends you to the bench. This is part of what Antwerp did to Beiro last season and he has yet to recover. ...also, then what if Beiro fails (highly likely given how cold he is)? Then what?!

You need to show faith in your players! Think long term, not about the next essentially meaningless match vs Lebanon.

Comment

Working...
                                X