Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
    2 junior world championships is success. But success can be followed by destruction. What's his legacy with Portugese FA. Would they hire him ever again? Only fans who want this guy back or TM fans. Not S. Africa, not Columbia, not Portugal or anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    For a 3rd time you have indicated that at the very least in one instance he has not left destruction (in fact you clearly refer to it as success). Thus your initial statement that he is someone "who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been" is factually incorrect.
    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
      For a 3rd time you have indicated that at the very least in one instance he has not left destruction (in fact you clearly refer to it as success). Thus your initial statement that he is someone "who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been" is factually incorrect.
      So within the Portuguese FA. He won 2 junior championships followed by 7months of suspension at senior level and termination. Also falling out with Ronaldo publicly and media backlash for WC performance before he accused officials of trying to fire him...so yes he burnt his bridges.

Kc if a doctor goes to sharif and earns a degree then commits fraud and murder that is called destruction even though he had initial success. The two issues are not on a continuum.

Coaches can have success and still have failures. Most don't have spectacular failures like CQ were he makes accusations of persecutory type and involves suspensions etc...

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

So within the Portuguese FA. He won 2 junior championships followed by 7months of suspension at senior level and termination. Also falling out with Ronaldo publicly and media backlash for WC performance before he accused officials of trying to fire him...so yes he burnt his bridges.

Kc if a doctor goes to sharif and earns a degree then commits fraud and murder that is called destruction even though he had initial success. The two issues are not on a continuum.

Coaches can have success and still have failures. Most don't have spectacular failures like CQ were he makes accusations of persecutory type and involves suspensions etc...

You called the 2 junior championships a success. That contradicts your initial statement and thus per your own followup statement your initial statement that he is someone "who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been" is factually incorrect.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

You called the 2 junior championships a success. That contradicts your initial statement and thus per your own followup statement your initial statement that he is someone "who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been" is factually incorrect.
          Lol I buy a Lamborghini success...I crash and kill someone failure...destruction. it's not black and white and you trying to force a dichotomy into the argument is rigidity I cannot challenge. Your opinion is not a fact neither is mine...not gonna argue that. But again instead of semantics...how about I repost this link. I'm referring to his entire tenure...entire relationship with portugese FA...not just the junior team.

https://www.theguardian.com/fo...-su...onths-portugal

Comment

So is his abuse of officials, falling out with the Stars, multiple suspensions...by his own FA as well as antidoping agency...he has done good but mostly he has left a sour legacy....I've given plenty of examples of this.

We have a similar figure here in The Netherlands: Louis van Gaal. Extremely controversial and very erratic behavioral repertoire, however, world-class coach that delivers. So does CQ in the right environment. We shouldnt downplay his international reputation, he is widely respected, often called football professor.

Comment

Lol I buy a Lamborghini success...I crash and kill someone failure...destruction. it's not black and white and you trying to force a dichotomy into the argument is rigidity I cannot challenge. Your opinion is not a fact neither is mine...not gonna argue that. But again instead of semantics...how about I repost this link. I'm referring to his entire tenure...entire relationship with portugese FA...not just the junior team.
              https://www.theguardian.com/fo...-su...onths-portugal
              Your Lamborghini example is some success and some destruction. At the very least you claim some success for CQ at the junior level. Thus your initial statement that he is someone "who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been" is factually incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by CBT View Post
                We have a similar figure here in The Netherlands: Louis van Gaal. Extremely controversial and very erratic behavioral repertoire, however, world-class coach that delivers. So does CQ in the right environment. We shouldnt downplay his international reputation, he is widely respected, often called football professor.
                Define delivers? As KC pointed out CQ hasn't delivered since 1991 at Junior level. To me delivery is championships, medals, cups...nothing else.

Comment

Your Lamborghini example is some success and some destruction. At the very least you claim some success for CQ at the junior level. Thus your initial statement that he is someone "who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been" is factually incorrect.
                  But if I leave behind a busted Lamborghini that is destruction despite initial success...if you leave behind an FA that views you as a cancer and suspends you...despite your initial success you have destroyed your reputation and relationship have you not. So you have left behind 2 championships and destruction...see...not a continuum. You can do both. Great thing he did at junior level. Too bad we didn't hire him for TM Omid.

Comment

BTW Mayeli Kohan won a bronze in Asian Cup 96 as coach of TM. Anyone in their right mind would offer rhis guy a position as a national team coach? Anybody think MK is better than CQ as a coach? He had success...more than CQ did for TM and certainly nothing since then....now does it make sense lol

Comment

Give it a rest, lad. You bring shame onto this community and our people on a whole.

Comment

I agree partly with OZone and partl with you others, have you ever thought why cq doesnt coach a big team anymore ? All he can get is jobs branko gets, why doesnt a top 10 team offer cq a job ?

Comment

His key strengths which led to him being the greatest manager we've ever had and bringing so much joy to us are organisation, discipline and determination. These are not the attributes top nations are looking for but that doesn't diminish CQ's quality and certainly has no impact on his achievements with us.

Stick Pep in charge of us and he'll be more useless than Skocic as his traits of developing a dominant possession-based side are completely useless when you have a midfield of Ehsan, Nouro, Amiri and Gholi.

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                            Give it a rest, lad. You bring shame onto this community and our people on a whole.
                            Thanks. This is a discussion forum afterall so shame is certainly an experience some may have...

Originally posted by Taz View Post
                            His key strengths which led to him being the greatest manager we've ever had and bringing so much joy to us are organisation, discipline and determination. These are not the attributes top nations are looking for but that doesn't diminish CQ's quality and certainly has no impact on his achievements with us.

Stick Pep in charge of us and he'll be more useless than Skocic as his traits of developing a dominant possession-based side are completely useless when you have a midfield of Ehsan, Nouro, Amiri and Gholi.

So basically what you are saying is if we cant have CQ we are doomed no matter who we get...even a Pep? This sounds like infatuation with what could have been rather than what it was...it reminds me of how the chinese and other countries view Bora Mulitonovic....and all he ever does is help teams get to WC and then walks away as if job is done by qualifying.

Comment

But if I leave behind a busted Lamborghini that is destruction despite initial success...if you leave behind an FA that views you as a cancer and suspends you...despite your initial success you have destroyed your reputation and relationship have you not. So you have left behind 2 championships and destruction...see...not a continuum. You can do both. Great thing he did at junior level. Too bad we didn't hire him for TM Omid.

Once again you admit he left something behind besides destruction. Thus your initial statement that he is someone "who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been" is factually incorrect.

Comment

Once again you admit he left something behind besides destruction. Thus your initial statement that he is someone "who has left nothing but destruction wherever he has been" is factually incorrect.
                                Nope. The last thing he did was undoubtedly destroy his legacy. Legacy is what you leave behind. So you surely agree he left nothing but destruction?

Comment

Working...
                                X