Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
    He wanted to be with Iran and the IFF didn't want him.. It's not his fault he wants to work and is motivated to make the WC.
    There isn't much other opportunities out there.. He will still be a legend in Iran regardless of what he does.
    Facts. He wanted to come back to Iran, the IFF believed that just because Skocic - with perhaps the best European based talents in all of Asia - was able to beat Iraq and Bahrain lol. Plus he was dirt cheap.

Sorry, this puts us at a huge disadvantage coach wise.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
      He wanted to be with Iran and the IFF didn't want him.. It's not his fault he wants to work and is motivated to make the WC.
      There isn't much other opportunities out there.. He will still be a legend in Iran regardless of what he does.
      I will always appreciate what he did for TM, but I don't like that he's going against us. Simple as that.

Comment

Carlos' last job at Columbia was disastrous - so we will see. He is near 70.

Seems he makes a lot of enemies wherever he goes ... i.e. Man Utd, Real Madrid, Portugal (Ronaldo wouldn't even shake his hands) etc. His personality is such - so not out of the ordinary for him to go after a former team of his (Iran).

Comment

Originally posted by AM_89 View Post
          Carlos' last job at Columbia was disastrous - so we will see. He is near 70.

Seems he makes a lot of enemies wherever he goes ... i.e. Man Utd, Real Madrid, Portugal (Ronaldo wouldn't even shake his hands) etc. His personality is such - so not out of the ordinary for him to go after a former team of his (Iran).
          He knows our weaknesses and knows how to get on nerves. I hope our players are smart enough to not fall for this, if it is true.

Comment

I know a lot of people love him to death but I can't help never forgetting how we either draw and won games with one goal and normal way of our game was to park the bus. In both world cup finals we did not play attractive football.
            هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
            نگاه میکنید.
            sigpic
            I am Persian. I used to rule the world. I will never be subservient to anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Roozbeh-G2006 View Post
              I know a lot of people love him to death but I can't help never forgetting how we either draw and won games with one goal and normal way of our game was to park the bus. In both world cup finals we did not play attractive football.
              A win is a win particularly how comfortable it was in Asia in the latter half of his reign. I don't care about the style.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                A win is a win particularly how comfortable it was in Asia in the latter half of his reign. I don't care about the style.
                As I’ve said many times, some would prefer we go back to the days of “attractive football” with inconsistent results, missing major tournaments due to the defeats that come about from what they consider exciting play.

CQ football was not exciting most of the time, we were comfortably in charge of most games with 0 shots against our goal. I think we all just prefer the pain and heartache of always feeling like we might lose, but hey that one guy did a great skill move and we scored two goals (but conceded 3).

CQ made our team a well-oiled machine that was ready to defend when we really needed it and got us 4 points in a group of death. We would’ve advanced if we were in most other groups. If we qualify, attacking football will get us 1 point. We’ve seen it before. Lose to the middle of the pack team in exciting fashion, lose handily 2-0 to the powerful team in the group and tie the minnow like Angola that we draw.

Defense wins championships, if anyone watches other sports you’ll know that teams with attacking mentalities are often bottom feeders (see Washington Wizards in prior years where they scored 110 points and played weak defense and would concede 125 and lose).

Defense is the best offense and always has been. I’m excited to go out and expose ourselves on defense by trying to play “attractive football”. Hopefully Skocic doesn’t read some of these comments and takes a defensive page from CQ’s book.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                    As I’ve said many times, some would prefer we go back to the days of “attractive football” with inconsistent results, missing major tournaments due to the defeats that come about from what they consider exciting play.

CQ football was not exciting most of the time, we were comfortably in charge of most games with 0 shots against our goal. I think we all just prefer the pain and heartache of always feeling like we might lose, but hey that one guy did a great skill move and we scored two goals (but conceded 3).

CQ made our team a well-oiled machine that was ready to defend when we really needed it and got us 4 points in a group of death. We would’ve advanced if we were in most other groups. If we qualify, attacking football will get us 1 point. We’ve seen it before. Lose to the middle of the pack team in exciting fashion, lose handily 2-0 to the powerful team in the group and tie the minnow like Angola that we draw.

Defense wins championships, if anyone watches other sports you’ll know that teams with attacking mentalities are often bottom feeders (see Washington Wizards in prior years where they scored 110 points and played weak defense and would concede 125 and lose).

Defense is the best offense and always has been. I’m excited to go out and expose ourselves on defense by trying to play “attractive football”. Hopefully Skocic doesn’t read some of these comments and takes a defensive page from CQ’s book.
                    Agree. But let's not forget CQ did try attractive football early in his time at TM, but it resulted in losing to teams like Lebanon nd Uzbekistan. The defensive approach came in when we needed 3 wins out of 3 during the 2014 qualifiers.

Comment

Tasmime ajibi ast agar vaghean bere Eraagh.

1. Riskesh ziyaade, az nazare este'daad teame Eraagh paayintar az Iran ast.

2.Dobare mitone hamoon mas'alaye hoghoogh ke dar Iran daasht dar Eraagh ham daashte baashe.

3.Agar in baar kaaresh nagire shayad akharin shoghlesh baashe.

Nakone havas karde ke yek enteghaami az IFF begire?
                      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        Agree. But let's not forget CQ did try attractive football early in his time at TM, but it resulted in losing to teams like Lebanon nd Uzbekistan. The defensive approach came in when we needed 3 wins out of 3 during the 2014 qualifiers.
                        Why do we equate playing attractive football to losing? Maybe CQ just didn't know how? We needed 4 wins out of 4 wins and we played attractive football and got the results. Maybe Skocic knows how to play attractive football and win?
                        هرگاه شما بازیکنی دیدید که از نظر تکنیک و قدرت بدنی فوق العاده است و همیشه یکسان است و تحت هیچ شرایط هیچ افتی ندارد شما یک فوق ستاره پیدا کرده اید در غیر اینصورت شما به یک بازیکن معمولی
                        نگاه میکنید.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post

There is no doubt about if you park the bus you are going to make it very difficult for any teams to penetrate 11 players packed in the 18 yards. We proved it against Morocco, Spain and Portugal. But That does not mean a great achievement in the eyes of football world. You don't establish yourself as a great football force to be reckoned with. Pundits and commentators just dis you. Playing attractive football also does not mean all out attacking football. It means you play football all over the pitch. You control, attack and defend with all your players involved in the game. Porto plays attractive football. We all enjoy watching Porto play because they play attractive football. They drive their double Decker all over the pitch.
                          نگاه میکنید.
                          sigpic

Comment

He knows how to beat SK and probably now TM and then he thinks, he has a chance to experience another WC. Can be tempting for him.
                            Hope he declines it

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk

Comment

He literally took our football from it's lowest dark days in 2010 and brought them to top ranked Asian team.
                              In 2018 WC, we were creating countless scoring opportunities against teams like Spain and Portugal and easily could've won those games.
                              Also we had the most stress-free qualification to the WC under his reign whereas now we are stressing to play Bahrain and Iraq like we did last month lol.

Like Nokhodi said, a win is a win. It's a results based business and the man always delivered results. Simple.

Comment

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

There is no doubt about if you park the bus you are going to make it very difficult for any teams to penetrate 11 players packed in the 18 yards. We proved it against Morocco, Spain and Portugal. But That does not mean a great achievement in the eyes of football world. You don't establish yourself as a great football force to be reckoned with. Pundits and commentators just dis you. Playing attractive football also does not mean all out attacking football. It means you play football all over the pitch. You control, attack and defend with all your players involved in the game. Porto plays attractive football. We all enjoy watching Porto play because they play attractive football. They drive their double Decker all over the pitch.
                                Parking the bus is different than being able to creat layered defense forcing a very strong opponent to pass the ball laterally and backward in frustrations. This is taking the time and space away from that opponent. And the ball constantly in their own half and midfield is a liability for them.

Top rated with few fast counter strikes like the ones against Argentina, Spain and Portugal, now you can begin to understand the genius of defense.
                                .... At the end I am nothing other than ordinary

Comment

Working...
                                X