Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, we survived. Now let's bring back CQ.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ari View Post
    The new Regime is going to get him, just because to calm the people.
    Yes, these dumb Mullahs think that freedom starved people will trade in Their liberty for CQ. I guess I can’t argue with the outcome. Welcome back Uncle Kurosh!

Comment

1000% bring back CQ and welcome Qatar 2022 and let him finish his legacy with us in the 2nd round minimum

Its a win win the players adore him

Comment

who can set up a gofund me and its lets get him

Comment

Originally posted by PEJ View Post
          Yes, these dumb Mullahs think that freedom starved people will trade in Their liberty for CQ. I guess I can’t argue with the outcome. Welcome back Uncle Kurosh!
          I am not too sure! I have thought for ten years that given Iran's love for football and the regimes love for control, it would make great sense to invest massive amounts of money into our soccer infrastructure to entertain would be revolutionaries.

However, history speaks for itself. Our football has seen less money in the last decade than even what FIFA has gifted us. In fact, they regularly STEAL football resources.

It just seems far above their reasoning abilities to do something as logical as bringing back CQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubxl152 View Post
            These CQ rumours are gaining steam. They're all over the Persian insta sites and tabloids. I'm not getting too excited but cautiously optimistic. He gives us the best Chance at getting to the WC and making it to the next round. Also should be allowed to finish what he started with this group of players. What Taremi said is [emoji817] true

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
            There's a 0.01% chance CQ is going to come back. All this stuff is rumours to get clicks.

- We can't afford him and he won't risk getting shafted financially by the Iranian federation. Way too many coaches/players have been messed around with in regards to their pay.

- He would expect proper preparation and facilities, which the IFF hasn't been able to provide since pre WC 2018.

- Things didn't end on good terms

- Unfortunately Skocic isn't going anywhere because on paper he has delivered (even though the quality of football was sub-par)

- After years of dealing with stress of working in Iran, I doubt at his old age he has the patience put up with circus that influences all aspect Iranian life.

- If they don't extend skocic, the new federation will probably want to bring in their own guy and create their own legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
              There's a 0.01% chance CQ is going to come back. All this stuff is rumours to get clicks.

- We can't afford him and he won't risk getting shafted financially by the Iranian federation. Way too many coaches/players have been messed around with in regards to their pay.

- He would expect proper preparation and facilities, which the IFF hasn't been able to provide since pre WC 2018.

- Things didn't end on good terms

- Unfortunately Skocic isn't going anywhere because on paper he has delivered (even though the quality of football was sub-par)

- After years of dealing with stress of working in Iran, I doubt at his old age he has the patience put up with circus that influences all aspect Iranian life.

- If they don't extend skocic, the new federation will probably want to bring in their own guy and create their own legacy.
              I agree with all of your logic and I don't put much into these rumors but the dream stays alive until they sign someone.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Exactly as The said. Don’t believe the rumors.

Comment

Is this thread still going! lol
                  “I swear it upon Zeus an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.” - Socrates

Comment

Beside the fact there is no place for reality and logic in the face of dreams of a CQ return, there actually is solid reasoning behind why it's not as batshit as it would normally sound.

The geezer is old and has no need for money or a long-term project. This is his team and in terms of preparations IFF can't mess up too much as it's such a condensed fixture list until WC that it won't be like we'll need friendlies or camps beyond the essentials. The WCQ is the ideal preparation for a real second chance at arguably his greatest project.

But most importantly of all, this is his [adopted] country and people and he fucking loves us every bit as much as we love him.

Come home, king, come home.

Comment

The era of CQ is over. He was good for our football but we must move on and evolve.

Comment

Originally posted by kaebi kabab View Post
                        who can set up a gofund me and its lets get him
                        Hahahaha
                        Cq is one of thise guys to come and knock the door if he is owed money
                        Thats what we need for these players
                        SARDAR HAD 3 GOALS AND IMPORTANT ONES
                        but was not really defensively help out
                        TOO ZAMIN mesleh danold duck GHER MIDAD.

Comment

Better idea. I want to get momentum for Dejagah to become player coach. Sh^t not working right on the field he can always sub himself on now that he is semi retired...can you imagine you pay for a coach and get a player too? IFF for all their money probs can't refuse such a deal!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
                            Better idea. I want to get momentum for Dejagah to become player coach. Sh^t not working right on the field he can always sub himself on now that he is semi retired...can you imagine you pay for a coach and get a player too? IFF for all their money probs can't refuse such a deal!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
                            Akbar misagian should get the job before him

That dejageh ,shojaie combo killed TT this year
                            That style was good inthe 80s with ali parvin

Interesting thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                              Not to mention Iraq is probably the 5th or 6th best team in Asia. If CQ coached South Africa who are honestly a worse team than Iraq, why wouldn't he become the manager for Iraq?

Football is a business. I'm sure Carlos loved his time in Iran but if he has a chance to bring a team to the world cup why wouldn't he.
                              Exactly, Iraq isn't a pushover team. They have real nationalistic fans behind the team - some of the best in Asia. They play with pride for their country unlike the PG teams. Iraq is definitely close to the level of Saudi in my opinion.

Comment

I admire what CQ accomplished for our country's football, but we cannot go on forever trying to bring the past to present. What transpired then had its own special circumstances and may not result the same outcome if repeated. Personally, I think Iran needs to adopt a fresh style of play which is more fluid and has more emphasis on possession and passing accuracy. The kind that you see in Euro 2020. And with all the players we have in Europe now, it is achievable.

Comment

Working...
                                X