Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

World Cup 2022 Qualifier: Iran - Iraq: Info, Updates & Live Reports (15.06.2021)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
    I say sardar is way too nice to Iraqis:

https://twitter.com/AghaImran13/stat...73300900081664
    I think it's actually classy by him.

Not sure if anyone else noticed but when he scored his goal it seemed like after the celebrations he was looking towards the Iraqi players and pointed on the flag on his shirt.

Comment

This game is already done and dusted but I keep thinking with what strategy and tactical plan did Iraq came to this game?

It was clear that they would give the ball to Iran, have 11 men in their own half, then when they get the ball back, they will rely on their forward pace to construct a counter.

However the flows in their tactic was lack of pressing, with their wings wide open, Moharrami had free space to roam back and forth and Hajsafi pass from the other wing led to Azmoon goal.

Given that they started grass-rolling right from the moment go makes me think Iraq had one more sly plan and that was to get an Iranian sent off. They must always feel that they have a much better chance against a 10-man Iran!!

Thanks to a good ref that stopped all that nonsense.
      sigpic
      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
        I think it's actually classy by him.

Not sure if anyone else noticed but when he scored his goal it seemed like after the celebrations he was looking towards the Iraqi players and pointed on the flag on his shirt.
        I noticed he pointed at the flag on his jersey but I think a lot of players do that when they score for their national team.
        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

this blows my mind, how many chances did we have and miss?? we need to kill teams when we have the chance and not make them think twice they even have a chance in the game. even taremi should have scored that pass by sardar he just needed to get a foot on it

Comment

What we can take from these four games is the strong resilience that we showed. A very tough situation where one result would have gone against us. The conditions were terrible , pitches were poor and we were playing home games in another nation.

That holds well for the next qualifying phase, the top teams have that extra bit of know how in these situations.

Comment

Good move by him, at the end of the day football is supposed to bring nations together
              --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
              --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
              ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
              --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
              ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

That clip of Azmoun shaking hands might be from the 1st leg, not the 2nd.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                  That clip of Azmoun shaking hands might be from the 1st leg, not the 2nd.
                  yeah, i think he knows he made a mistake by doing this and did not repeat this. that is why he went into angry and patriotic mode vs. bahrain and iraq and kick their butt lol. i think i like mad sardar better than nice sardar

Comment

Good win and result for Iran.
                    Congrats and thanks Team Melli.
                    Lots of good points and insight have already been shared.
                    4 wins and finishing top of the group in less than desirable conditions in a down right hostile (so called) host and AFC is an achievement that should be celebrated and cherished. (despite lack of good management, leadership and organization and a new unknown/unproven coach to boot) Our individual god given talents and our national pride was the key factors in my humble opinion. (Sardar's reaction after his goal of pointing to his jersey's flag while looking toward Iraqi bench is a case and point)
                    Beating Bahrain in Bahrain for the first time and ending Iraq's 19 game unbeaten streak was not doubt great accomplishments.(CQ despite his great many accomplishments was not as successful against the likes of Bahrain and Iraq).
                    I believe Dragon also receives an acceptable rating. He got the job done, I believe he prepared well and prepared the team mentally for these games, he proved he knew the competition and was able to instill more of the emotional maturity that was lacking previously (pooladis and Shojai red cards etc and even going further back Dinmohammadi and nikbkhat ejections). Playing our Arab friends away who always rise to the challenge of playing Iran and resort to any means to get the result has rightly been mentally and emotionally challenging for Iran. BUT not this time and some of the credit has to go the Coaching staff starting with Dragon and then Vahid and Karim.
                    I believe we will have to step up our game for the next round so we can qualify for the WC as we did have have some areas that need improvement mainly finishing, player selection and our back line. The competition will be tougher, likes of Japan, SK, Saudi Arabia and Australia are more talented teams(in relations to our group) with much better federations .
                    We will need better friendlies, better camps, better support from our Federation. If supported well our team will not disappoint as I believe we have some of the better and experienced players in all of Asia (that is why I don't get AFC, they are cutting their nose to spite their face) Iran has always been a good representative for AFC when in WC. It would have been a crime for Iran not make it to the next round and therefore WC.
                    Thanks all and GO IRAN!!!

Comment

I think our players have more of a bond with Iraq than other Arab nations.. There's several players that played in Iran..
                      Sardar generally is anti-Arab based off his postgame interviews especially against Qatar and even Bahrain.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
                        I think our players have more of a bond with Iraq than other Arab nations.. There's several players that played in Iran..
                        Sardar generally is anti-Arab based off his postgame interviews especially against Qatar and even Bahrain.
                        This video maybe from the first game with Iraq in Aman Jordan. There are spectators in the stands and the stadium is different also. Never the less class move by Sardar and also a good move to lower the political temperature which at the time if you recall was high especially towards Iran.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
                          This game is already done and dusted but I keep thinking with what strategy and tactical plan did Iraq came to this game?
                          Honestly, i think we heavily benefited from the fact that Iraqis started slow, parking the Bus. Normally they are pumped right from the start and press us deep in our own half.
                          There could be several reasons for their "tactics": save energy due to the humidity, taking a draw and qualify as group leaders, fear because of Irans attack... i don't know. At some point i got the impression that Iraqis didn't know if they should go for the equalizer or just hold the 1-0 score and don't risk their qualification chance by conceding 2 or 3 more goals.

Comment

^ yeah i wasnt expecting them to play like that either, but i guess they had some tactics going on and the most important thing was to get through wich both teams did but yeah, i expect them to play differently say in a asia cup playoff game than in world cup qualifying table game depending on what the sandings are.
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Migam dalile aslie nimkatneshinie PAG chi ast?
                              DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Analysis: Iran 🇮🇷 1 - 0 🇮🇶 Iraq

https://youtu.be/HJ0de6jHn-w
                                golbezanpodcast.com
                                twitter.com/GolBezan
                                instagram.com/GolBezan
                                youtube.com/GolBezan

Comment

Working...
                                X